The Ironsong Tribe

Full Version: Naxx Frost Resist Gear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
As we and our raiding partners move deeper into Naxxramas, you may want to start collecting your frost resist gear for the Sapphiron fight. My druid Alt can make the frost resist mail and leather.

-Jaba
I can make the Cloth versions for those who want it...be advised that each piece requires a [item]Frozen Orb[/item]
From what I've read about the fight it's recommended that everyone *except healers* have one piece of FrR gear. Two if you really want to, but three is unnecessary. Healers really need all the mana regen and stats they can get on this fight so typically they are exempt but I might make one just in case. This with totems/auras should keep the damage manageable for healers.
My recommendation would be that everyone who wishes to be involved in a full clear of Naxx get all 3 pieces crafted. The reality is that the materials are not terribly hard to gather, and our first attempts we will probably want everyone wearing full resist gear until the healers get a feel for the damage.

That said, Armande can fashion the plate pieces, and may be able to help donate some of the materials needed. So, if you are a member of IST and wearing Plate Armor please contact him.

I agree, Krell. I've run this fight with everyone in three pieces of FR, and I've run it with people who had one or none, and it makes a huge, huge difference. Mana is a little tight, but after gemming and enchanting the set with regen-based stats, I've yet to go completely oom, and I've only had to use a mana pot twice. Not having to worry as much about keeping myself alive is a big bonus. As gear gets better and dps increases, dropping the FR becomes very feasible, but for the first little while, coming from a healer's perspective, I really think it's necessary.

Regarding FR auras and totems, of course they should be used, but ~416 > 130. They also have limited range, and there is plenty of running around in this fight.

Meh, the Fr gear is ok, I guess, but a Pally aura works just as well. I've healed it in a 3 healer set up (imp ds priest on mt and holy pally and coh priest (me) on raid heals) and it was fine.

If you can get it, great, if not no worries. With the healers we have availible raidwide dmg won't be too big of a deal
I may be mistaken, but don't we generally run with 2 healers?
Krell Wrote:I may be mistaken, but don't we generally run with 2 healers?

Depends a bit on who we can get. If we're going to try to run two simultaneous 10-mans, it may be wise to prepare for a 2-healer configuration.

according to the healers list in the naxx topic we will have plenty of healers hehe
I think better to be prepared and start gathering your materials for Frost Resist Gear now.

-Jaba
I am anticipating attempting Sapphiron in a month or so, so gather your Frost Resist Gear.

Sbin can make both Mail and Leather FR gear.

-Jaba
I can tailor cloth frost resist gear for those who need it...I can also do a [item]Formula: Enchant Cloak - Superior Frost Resistance[/item] for any who need it.
My Pally Azamael is 445 Blacksmithing, so if nayone needs ANYTHING, just send me a tell.

- Brokentusk
Bump.

Please start gathering your Frost Resist gear. We want to be prepared to attempt Sapphiron when we get to him. Based on progress so far, this could be soon, say within a month.

The fight is feasible without it, but for our first attempts, I want us to maximize our chances for success.

-Jaba
Note that my jewelcrafter Cabochon now knows [item]Design: Titanium Frostguard Ring[/item]. The mats are not that bad, and it's a lot of FrR on a single item.
Pages: 1 2 3