The Ironsong Tribe

Full Version: Attempting to take the reigns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am going to attempt to host a 10-man starting in 1 Month (February 6/7th), or sooner if necessary. I will be hosting this with Garudo who will be one of the two tanks OR if necessary on Eru'Adan for raid balancing as a healer/DPS. This lengthy time frame will give players plenty of time to prepare and holidays should be wrapped up. Relevant information below:

When: Saturday Late PM (7pm Server Time) with potential follow up on Sunday Early PM (4:30pm Server Time).

What: Um...its a Raid? Tongue

Where: Ulduar, first to guage the skill of the raid, if adequate we will jump right into Trial of the Crusader to fill up miscellaneous gear slots for players, and eventually Icecrown after a couple months (just a guess and may not be accurate).

Who: 2 Tanks, 3 healers (1 with DPS offspec if possible), and a healthy mix of Melee and Ranged DPS.

Why: To allow others to gear and fill up lagging gear slots, as well as give other practice with their new classes, experience content and ultimately have a good time.

How: First, Those interested send me a message either here or in game with your available time and Role. Each one I get will be added to an in game invite on the calendar. If we go above 10 players, some may or may not be included, depending on raid balance, I apologize for this in advance. If for some strange reason we get over 25, we may hop into a 25 man (which might be pushing it but could be fun).

Special Notes about me as a leader: I have never lead a raid before but as a leader I can be a bit nitpicky about some minor things: 1. Punctuality is important to get as much done in the time we have alotted. 2. Paying attention is important, while instructions are given to those who have not done the fights and assignments are given. 3. Have fun and be relaxed. Nothing is more awkward than silence after a wipe. Its a game and we are here because we find it entertaining. A dozen wipes are a dozen good reasons to have a laugh.

More Details to follow based on interest...

Comments/Suggestions from other raid leaders are most welcome. This is my first time doing something like this, be gentle.
Eruadan,

I commend you on this effort, and I am available for consultation if you so desire. I cannot commit to every week, but would be available some Sat. and Sun. in the PM on Dargaz (Warrior tank or dps).

-Jaba
Eruadan,

Well done! While I cannot guarantee my availability each week for this, I would be very interested in bringing along Salisha whenever there is room for her. She will be 80 in the next day or so, and a month should give me more than enough time to have her appropriately geared. I have her dual specced for Elemental and Restoration, and would actually like to give Resto a shot in a 10-man raid environment.
While I almost always express interest at these attempts of getting things going, everything always ends up happening on the weekends, which is when I have work. Therefore, I'd only be able to join if it happened on Wednesday, which is one of my days off (my other being Mondays). Seems my Wednesday day off changed to a Thursday, so not even that will work. I'll still keep this up in case anything happens to work out for scheduling some day.

That said, I could either bring Kret (as DPS; doesn't need anything from either ToC-10 or Uld-10), Kev (tank, probably doesn't need anything from Uld-10, could probably use things from ToC-10), or possibly Mothok (Death Knight, could function as DPS or tank, though he's 75 at the time of this posting) or Madoc (Warlock, 74 currently).
My Shaman Winlaklu is available for healy/ranged dps, or I could be convinced to bring my hunter Wiskana. The shaman is preferred, however.

I can do Saturdays (any time) or Sundays (afternoon, say after 3pm server)
I would like to bring my Shaman, Zerthis, if there is a spot open. He is enhancement, so melee dps is his thing.

I could make it on Saturdays at say 5 pm server or Sundays at 3 pm server.
Noodlemortis Wrote:My Shaman Winlaklu is available for healy/ranged dps, or I could be convinced to bring my hunter Wiskana. The shaman is preferred, however.

I can do Saturdays (any time) or Sundays (afternoon, say after 3pm server)

What is your preferred Role? Healing or DPS?

Also if anyone knows of or has a priest/paladin/druid that might be interested please pass this on. This is in the open raiding forum and is not exclusive to Ironsong members, just hosted by one. WoW must be in the age of the ShamanWarrior, and I would like a bit of variety if possible. Smile
Eruadan Wrote:What is your preferred Role? Healing or DPS?

I'm not too particular. I rolled Winlaklu intending to heal but I found that I really like elemental, so I'm up for whatever. My shammy dps gear does lack on hit somewhat still though. My hunter has higher dps atm, so if we're really in a bind I'm open to that as well. I just assumed that healing is the larger need. I also have a pretty undergeared DK (greens/blues, tank is not def capped) that I could be persuaded to work on, I reckon.

Well, I'm available saturday or sunday at any time (assuming I don't make any IRL friends that actually want to hang out with me... don't worry, it's unlikely. -_-) So long as I remember to set an alarm to remind myself the first few weeks.

I have five 80's, soon to be six, and I'll see if any of them interest you.

Axulia- very well geared Holy/ somewhat poorly geared ret paladin. (will be in highest demand, probably, in no need of gear for main spec)

Thristram- well geared tank/ decently geared arms warrior

Margeth- Decently geared boomkin/ poorly geared tree

Dalxein- Decently geared blood DPS/ very poorly geared blood tank (He's not quite def capped, could be fixed pretty quick if you need another tank, though)

Ikojima- decently geared MM hunter.

I've got a feeling my tanks will be what's most wanted, but... mneh.
I'll have a shaman melee DPS/healer soon enough, too.
This raid yet needs filling for it to be successful. For those of you who stated so, I do understand that you are unable to make every week, that is fine and I will try and work around it for those times. There is approximately 3 more weeks before we start. The following is what I have and what I would like to see from those interested:

Tanking
Garudo Warrior: Main Tank (Or Off Tank)
???

Healing
Salisha Shaman: Noodle Healer
???
???

Ranged DPS
Winlaklu Shaman: Elemental DPS
???
???

Melee DPS
Zerthis Shaman: Enhancement DPS
???

Axulia I am currently trying to figure out what to do with the many characters you have. Seeing as how I want to avoid an entire raid of Shamans and Warriors, and for balancing reasons I am more inclined to take Axulia OR Dalxein.

I would like to thank those who have responded to this. I know its extremely hard to commit on a Saturday (Even I am booked on a couple of them in the next several weeks due to travel), so I am attempting to place those that would allow us to fill in slots easier. Balancing a raid is proving quite difficult and I can now better appreciate what others have to go through when attempting to gather a raid. I apologize to those who cannot make the time I have decided upon. Invites to the first raid date will go out soon, most likely this weekend.

Pass on the message. I am looking for roles that contain "???". Classes I would like to see are Priests, Druids, Mages, Warlocks, Hunters, or Rogues. The reasons for these are Crowd Control and Buffing reasons.

Thanks again!

Could bring my boomkin... or hunter...

With Dax all you'd get is the +AP buff from abominable strength, and you've got an enhancement shammy for that. In fact, I think that might be 1% better... And lossa shammies for the strength of earth/horn of winter buff.

Trueshot aura is the same as the shammy AP buff, so I'm not sure if the hunter would be so awesome for raid synergy...

Axulia or Margeth look to be best.
Apologies, but I cannot commit to another raid right now.

-Jaba
Donalnob, ranged dps warlock. I'm flexible about spec. Destruction is my better dps but demonology provides some good raid buffs. You can always invite me, I may not be able to make them all but I like to think I'm pretty good about RSVPing and I won't be offended if you don't have room.
It is with regret that after much thought, it is likely that this raid will not get off the ground. Many factors have been considered and I have felt that, although interest was expressed, that there is not enough interest to adequately balance the raid and ultimately for it to be successful. Such things I considered was Ironsong's current raid schedule (which is rather busy!), the time of the raid, my own experience in such a role, and the necessity for it given the availability of acquiring Icecrown adequate gear via other means.

I apologize to those who had shown interest and wished to attend. I am considering compensating by taking on those who wish through Frozen Halls dungeons to literally farm gear and badges. There will be no set dates but will be run at a variety of times throughout the week. If no one needs gear but badges, it will be a night of random dungeon runs for badge bonuses.

Again, please forgive me. I thought I was helping by starting this due to lack of other volunteers, but it just didn't seem to be enough.

-M
Thanks for making the effort, Eru. Hopefully those who are really interested will show for Nadi's Saturday "alt" raids. Had another good raid this last Saturday as we killed 3 Uld10 bosses and the weekly raid in OS10.
Pages: 1 2