The Ironsong Tribe

Full Version: 3.2 Patch Notes Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While reading through the patch notes this morning I noticed something that I must have missed earlier, and I must admit I'm greatly intrigued by it.

Dungeons and Raids

* Dungeon and Raid ID Extensions
o In order to allow for parties and raids to progress through instances at their own pace, players can now extend an instance ID on an individual basis.
o Existing or recently expired IDs can be extended via the Social tab under Raid by clicking on Raid Info.
o The ID of any instance to which a player is saved can be extended. Doing so will extend the instance lock period by the same amount of time as the original lock (i.e. extending an Ulduar instance ID will add 7 days, a Heroic: Halls of Lightning instance ID will add 24 hours, and a Zul'Gurub instance ID will add 3 days to the instance lock time).
o An ID can be extended more than once.
o An extension can be reversed on an individual basis provided the player does not do anything in the instance during the extended instance lock period that would save that player to the instance.

Posted from World Of Warcraft patch notes.

So, am I reading this correct? We will be able to extend our Ulduar raids for additional weeks if we want to focus on a specific boss strategy? Would we want to do this? I suppose by the time this patch goes live we may be at a point where we can easily clear the first 2 areas of Ulduar and have been doing that for a while (assuming the patch is still a couple months off) and it might make sense to extend our raid instance once a month or so. I still see us needing/wanting to kill the prior bosses in an effort to continue to gear folks up.

Anyway, just thought this was interesting.