The Ironsong Tribe

Full Version: Cho'Gal event in Heroes of the Storm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking for a quick favor.  Do any of you have Cho'Gal character unlocked in Heroes of the Storm?  me and Bat would love to do a game with you before April 4th. There's an event that unlocks the character if you play with someone who has him. The character is Rated In Top Three Best for Quickmatch and Vs AI matches and I really would love to unlock it!

We have been doing the daily quests that come up and really having a lot of fun with the game.  So anyone interested in getting back to playing it, or trying it out for first time hit us up.

It's fun and easy, and for a moba it's designed for people who were turned off by lol or dota and just want to have some quick fun without the heavy investment.
I am interested in the game, but unfortunately am a bit lost playing it. I did the tutorial and need to tinker a bit more with it.

Also, isn't this the game that you can earn the Flamesaber mount for WoW?

I'd be interested in maybe hitting it up with you guys for a bit and chatting on Discord so you could tell me what Im screwing up!
Curious...is the "unlocking" of different heroes random?
in the tutorial, you pick one character that you get to keep, then each week they have various free heroes you can choose from - some you can get no matter what level you are, some which are level gated.

You can permanently unlock other characters by using either in game currency that you earn leveling up, etc, or by paying cash. I bought a pack that I think had 6 heroes for like $5. (Then I bought the rainbow unicorn mount for $20...#notsorry.) I also unlocked Gul'dan using in game currency.

Current free people are:

Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: March 14 - 21, 2017

Li Li
ETC
Zagara
Butcher
Kael'thas
Artanis
Li-Ming
Zul'jin
Azmodan
Lt. Morales
Diablo (Slot unlocked at Player Level 5)
Zarya (Slot unlocked at Player Level 7)
Greymane (Slot unlocked at Player Level 12)
Rexxar (Slot unlocked at Player Level 15)
Hi,

We played with Kern last night, that was fun.  On Discord with some other Guildies I'd be happy to help call out objectives and coordinate.

The games are designed around the special objectives of the map.  So rather than sitting in a lane by yourself you are working together to control temples that pop up, kill mobs to collect stuff for the map overlord etc.  Dominate map objectives, help each other, push the enemy base together between level 15-20 and win!

I'll say what I like about this game vs other mobas
* Games take 17 mins on average (actual data)
* I can play new Blizzard Heroes for free every week and do well with them (not so with Dota2)
* XP is shared by all allies across the map
* You get xp whether you get the "last hit" or not
* No in map item shops.  Just pick your talents as they come up every few levels
* Chat is not caustic
* The basic game type of player vs ai is fun enough and challenging enough but hard to lose if you are paying attention and working together
* After about level 10 it's to your advantage to stay together as a team or at least 2 groups for map objectives

Regarding Free to play
Yes you can play the game entirely without money and have exactly same advantage as others in the coop vs ai play and brawls.  And that's from day 1.  You pick the character you want to play and the group forms around you in the match-up, whether you decide to play the vs AI or vs Player game. (There are also a few other game types)

A new daily quest each day gives you some extra gold and xp bonus and is usually 3 games, and almost all are "play N games" not "win N games"
I usually do nothing more than the daily quest.
I pick about 2 "free this week" characters to level to 5 for some extra gold to spend later and because they are fun to try.  I pull up icy veins, pick a build and just grab the talents they say and figure out the rest during the game.
After a month I have 30,000 gold to spend on stuff and have spent $5 for some extra characters cuz I wanted to Smile
So, the For Azeroth quest is back up until March 26th, if people want to get the cool flamey mount in WoW.

Zoo and I also both have Cho'gall now.

My btag is Barbdreams #1131 is anyone wants to add me and try to group up on the weekend or something - please TELL me if you're adding me, as I have a bunch of people I don't recognize that have tried to friend me.
I sent you a friend request! =)
(03-21-2017, 10:25 AM)Barbdreams Wrote: [ -> ]Anca did, too!  (Cristforio)
Anyone heard the news that Blizzard is pretty much abandoning Heroes of the Storm? Sucks big time for us who enjoy the game.