The Ironsong Tribe

Full Version: Batnissi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. State your name.

You may refer to me as Batnissi

2. List your race and class, be it Undead Mage, Orc Hunter etc.

I was born as part of the Darkspear tribe, but do not feel any particular allegiance to the trolls.  I am a warlock, I prefer the company of my servants to mortals whom I tend to find… disappointing.

3. Please introduce yourself to us, with as much of your personal history as you feel comfortable sharing at this time. Possible topics to touch on: What are your goals or desires? What is your greatest success? Your greatest failure?

Share?  As I ended up developing an affinity for demons and live without fear of being corrupted by the fell magic, I have learned that not many truly desire to know me.  Do the members of your tribe claim to be different?  I am doubtful, but, as you wish.  I grew up on d'islands - what happened to my parents, I do not know.  I remember whispers of "voodoo" and "curse."  I remember screams in the dark.  I remember living with one family, and then another, and then another.  I remember feeling alone. 

I was brought to Ogrimmar with some travelers in my twelfth year; I seemed to have piqued the interest of a mage in the group as I helped serve them supper one day and she felt that I had the potential to be trained.  I studied hard.  None from my old home attempted to contact me, nor did I reach out to them. I simply focused on the magic, and my skills, which were not growing fast nor powerful enough for my liking...until HE came, him with the green shine in his eyes, him with the look of ecstasy as his servants did his bidding...him, who introduced me to fell magic, who taught me and tested me, and helped me to become far more powerful than I had ever imagined...him, who wished to use my powers for his own devices and schemes...him, who betrayed me in his search for true conquest...him, who no longer lives.
People.  They disappoint. 

The Legion invasion is upon us now.  If they are to be driven back and defeated for good, people - other people, are needed.  I wish to counter their power with my own, but I have realized that I cannot fight them alone.  Thus, I have searched for a tribe t'fight alongside.  I have hope that my search has come to an end.

Do not betray me.

4. Please tell us one or more notable things about you that we can use to start conversations with you (for example: a pet, a physical characteristic, a mannerism, something you carry with you).

I have zero interest in clinging to any part of my Darkspear heritage, so you may notice that I speak with minimal accent, and try to correct myself when my native way of speaking creeps in to conversations.

It is also very important to me that people do not mistake my demons as ones that are with the Legion.  There is a huge difference between those who serve my kind, and the horrors of the invasion.

5.  Finally, have you read our Code of Conduct, and do you agree to abide by the rules stated in it? If so, please state so here in addition to a reply to the post itself.  I have, and agree.

I have read, understand and agree.

II. Yourself

1. What guilds were you in before this one, if any? How long were you a member? Why are you no longer with them?  

I have a low level hunter in Daffy Blokes on Kilrogg whom I joined for a casual escape kind of experience, but now beginning to play more seriously, plus Zoo is playing as well, and we normally prefer a guild that is a bit more stable and with more groups.

2. What are you looking for from Ironsong?  

Good and fun opportunities to group up for dungeons, hopefully some raids and some pvp too, and some roleplay.  The both IC and OOC guild chat is fun.

3. How long have you played Warcraft? 

I played for maybe 3-4 months back in 2012, just came back during the pre-legion invasions, so I’m still very much learning 

the lore.  Please be patient with me from an rp perspective as I really AM still learning, but I’m reading and researching.  Contemplating buying Horde sweatpants from ThinkGeek.  (That’ll help, right?)

4. If you have a preference, when do you tend to play?  I have always ended up a healer as my main role in every MMO that I have played – LOTRO, Rift, and ESO. 

Chances are, I will end up healing again.  However, I’m having a blast (ha ha ha I’m punny!) being a warlock, so I might stick with dps for a bit.  I have tanked, but I really prefer to heal the people getting their faces smashed in than to be the one getting my face smashed in.

5. If you have anything you would like to add to tell us more about yourself, do so here.  

I live in the LA area and work standard office hours, so playtimes are pacific time evenings and weekends.  Nearly-40 (gasp!) female, and I’ve been in guilds ranging from very casual to very hardcore, and I prefer a balance in between, and IST seems to have that.  I love the opportunity to get into RP again as I’ve never actually been in a guild that both really plays and RPs, so I’m excited.