The Ironsong Tribe

Full Version: Arena
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been kind of prodding around to see who would be interested in doing some arena. I'm not proposing anything truly serious (because really I'm not that good) but it'd be a nice change from Ashran. I would also like to point out that I have not seriously done the arena since season 3... which was a little bit ago.

I would be doing arena on Sapph (holy priest) because my rogue pvp is embarrassing at best. I also have 2 sisters that are interested in doing the arena that play a mage and enhancement shaman.

As for times I have very little social life so generally any evening would work for me or Saturday/Sunday afternoons.

Thoughts? Victims? volunteers?

I promise nothing but death and a repair bill...
I would love to do arenas! The only thing is that I mostly play resto, and my matchmaking ratings are based on that. So if I was to switch to balance I'd probably be playing at a lower skill level than my actual MMR. I'd just have to get used to playing balance in pvp, but I enjoy pvp so much I don't mind losing a bunch to get my MMR to the right level.
I have been contemplating leveling my warrior as I do miss mortal striking things in the face.

Maybe we could get enough people to do 5s then we could run with 2 healers. It would confuse the heck out of the other team so bad maybe we could sneak a win in.
Clearly we should revive Team "Do You Have 5 Hours?", made of 5 healers. Though I guess there's some sort of dampening effect on healing now, so maybe that's no longer a viable strategy.
Omg, I want to try that. And to be honest it was probably never a viable strategy. People probably just won those games because the other team got bored to tears and gave up.
That's exactly how they won. It's "viable" in a "you will win enough matches to gain rank and conquest points due to enemy forfeits" way, not in a "you actually have a chance to defeating the other team by killing them" way. It was a pretty valid time proposition -- give up early and get more matches in, or stay a long time (hours, potentially) to eventually eke out a victory. If dampening works like I think, though, where it scales up over a few minutes to reduce healing, then this would no longer be something people would forfeit to avoid.