The Ironsong Tribe

Full Version: Discovery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

((I invite all Forsaken characters to post their own thoughts, stories, essays, prose, or any other writing regarding the nature of being Forsaken. It's something that interests me greatly, and I'm very interested in others views.))

You have no idea, not a clue. You cannot and will not understand, and the mortal mind cannot comprehend what it is like to be Forsaken. The minds of weaker people than you reject what I am about to tell you. They do not believe such cruelty exists. But it does exist, I can testify to that.

Let me tell you a story, and you will know what it is to be Forsaken. There is a place deep in the Undercity that few know. I was exploring a dark corner when I stumbled upon this place by accident. The Undercity nursery; what do you think this was? A place for children to run and play and grow strong under the watchful eye of an adult? Perhaps a happy place, filled with the laughter of children?

If you think that, then you are not prepared for what I am.

The nursery, that is not the true name but what I call it out of convenience, is not a happy place. There are no laughing children or smiling parents. The plague, you see, was and is indiscriminant with who it took. The very old were taken with the very young. Yet in death, the old cannot die, and the young cannot age.

Have you ever seen a Forsaken child? Neither had I before I stumbled into the nursery. They are rare, to be sure. I suppose there are some that survived the Scourge without falling to insanity, but I have never met one. Perhaps only those who were too weak of mind and spirit were put in the nursery. Perhaps all children were. I will never know.

The nursery was actually two rooms, the first containing the reanimated bodies of Scourged children now freed by Sylvanas’s iron will. Children cannot grasp what they have become, and all were insane, to various degrees. Sylvanas is not merciful, and her will is indiscriminant.

The children, having been freed and set on the path to insanity, are taken to the nursery. They cannot help the Lady Sylvanas in her goal, and they cannot be returned from madness. Some are sent to the Apothecary; what the Royal Apothecary Society does with them I can only guess. Most were herded into the nursery. There was a small room containing, when I saw it, at least fifty Forsaken children. I dubbed them “the Crèche,â€Â
((If I have not said it before, you are a wonderful writer! Where is this room you speak of? I thought I'd explored nearly all of the Undercity save the sewers. I see now I missed something important. And I've always wondered why there are no undead children.))

Kaetze Wrote:((If I have not said it before, you are a wonderful writer! Where is this room you speak of? I thought I'd explored nearly all of the Undercity save the sewers. I see now I missed something important. And I've always wondered why there are no undead children.))

((Good question. I have no clue. I'm just making this up as I go. Smile ))
((Aw man!! You had me all excited! Sad ))