The Ironsong Tribe

Full Version: Multi-tank training, Sep 12th & 19th, 4PM start time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For some time now I have intended to do this, and now that the prospect of Blackwing Lair draws nearer, it becomes even more important. Every warrior must be ready to tank when called upon, and several encounters are going to call for tanking multiple opponents.

Tanking many enemies at once is both a matter of practice and a matter of the group functioning properly. It cannot be done if people aren't assisting, and it can't be done through AE's (both past a certain variable point of course). The group side of it we already teach through raiding, but the tank themselves rarely gets a chance to practice in a safe and controlled environment.

So for that reason, I will be taking warriors (druids send me a tell if interested as well, would like one for thorns anyway) and 2 healers into Stratholme. There I will give what pointers I can, and we will set one warrior at a time against an undead pack. Their job is to gain and hold aggro from the entire pack, and peel any that escape from the healers. When someone feels they've mastered it fairly well, we'll move on to the next warrior.

I know some will feel they're too good for this, or would feel embarrassed by it... all I can say is "don't" on both counts. Practice never hurts, and you might actually learn something you didn't know... or teach something to others as well. And those who feel embarrassed, this is your best chance to learn. It's controlled, we're there to help, and there are no consequences... like getting 39 other people killed by learning during a raid. Wink

I expect these sessions will go for 3-4 hours if needed, so dont feel like you cant make it if you cant be on at 4PM. I'm going to make sure everyone gets a chance who wants to. If you want to make special arrangements for another time because you cant make it those tuesdays, also contact me and I'll see what I can do.

I want Ironsong to have the best tanking team we can, and this is an important step in that process. Please be there.
Listen to him, folks. My not-so-mysterious announcement about upcoming events is not so far off and you will wish you attended if you don't. If you can't, no worries - RL comes first - but still talk to Kosath and see about setting up an alternate time.

Tae
I think I would be interested in this for Mahiah, not only to learn how to tank with her if I have to, but because I am interested in knowing how the tanking end works for warriors.

Same for me. I might take Cleeyo or something as a hybrid for experimenting. Anathamon is going to be tanking focused so I may as well start learning now.
I just finished transfering my 60 Protection Spec Warrior to Silver Hand, so look for Kolem (gotta get him guilded before then Smile)... Been a while since I tanked, so I think I could use the practice to get back into the swing of things...

Training is something I could really use. Chio will be there, for sure.

-Chiokai
With the downtime next tuesday lasting 36 hours for Silver Hand we'll have to reschedule this.
Any word on whether this will be rescheduled? I'd really like to take Krigaren, and had to miss the first one.
Since we are already on new hardware, I believe it will go off as planned.
Daichallar Wrote:Since we are already on new hardware, I believe it will go off as planned.

I wish,,, unfortunately

Quote:This maintenance will begin Tuesday, September 19th at 12:01 AM PDT and continue until Wednesday, September 20th at 12:00 PM PDT.

and Silver Hand is in that list Undecided
Kosath can't post on these forums from work due to firewall issues so his appearances here are not as frequent as he would like. Sorry for the delay in reply - tank training is planned now for Thursday prior to the Moot. 3 or 4pm until the Moot begins, I believe.

Tae
Will the tribe be planning another set of these lessons? Some of us up and coming warriors would like to know.
Grymfang Wrote:Will the tribe be planning another set of these lessons? Some of us up and coming warriors would like to know.

Once I get back from Christmas Holiday, I would be glad to set one of these up again. I also encourage non warriors to attend just so other classes know what is involved in tanking. There are several things a non tank can do to help the tanking process.