The Ironsong Tribe

Full Version: Kapu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

<b>State your name and any titles that you have earned, through service to the Horde in battle or otherwise</b>

- I am Kapu Aokuewa, a humble druid in service of the Cenarion Circle. I have been awarded no major accolades in my career, apart from a non-commissioned rank of Senior Sergeant of the Horde - in large part as a result of my minor efforts aiding the defenders of Alterac Valley.

<b>List your vocation, be it Mage, Hunter, or any other.</b>

- I am a druid, specializing in the more martial "feral combat" branch of study. Despite the physical nature of my area of study, I am a passable healer as well, aiding the sick and wounded as needed.

<b>Please introduce yourself to us, as much of your personal history as you feel comfortable sharing at this time.</b>

- I was born and raised in Mulgore. My mother was a stern and practical woman - a shaman who always had the ancestral spirits backing her side in any dispute. My father was also a druid, though his tale ended badly. After my brother and I were born, he began to distance himself from the family. Though my mother and brother were at a loss to explain his moodiness and his aloofness, I could see to the root of his malady: the seed of his feral side had taken root, and he was being consumed by his wild nature.

He began to throw himself into his work with the Cenarion Circle, taking wildly dangerous missions in and around Silithus as the Circle began to uncover the secrets of the great ruins there. One day, he never came back.

My mother, fearful that my brother and I - both wild and impetuous youngsters - might follow his ruinous descent, enrolled us in the best of schools with hopes that we may both become scribes of some sort. I must confess that we both failed her in this regard. My brother is a hotheaded young warrior, picking fights for the fun of them and not caring of the outcome. Myself? I have seemingly inherited my father's misfortune - an animalistic urge that gnaws away at my insides and separates me from most others. I shun the cities and crowds of today for the thrill of the hunt. And this inner beast is, I feel, guarding another secret "gift" from my father.... one that I do not wish to contemplate.

<b>Tell us about any professions you have taken up, such as Tailoring or First Aid.</b>

- I have attained a modest level of success in the art of Tribal Leatherworking (300) and the practice of skinning (300). Unfortunately, in achieving these goals, I have neglected my other studies, including cooking and first aid, which languish at levels so low as to be comical.

<b>What are the Clans, Tribes, or Guilds that you have been a part of in the past, if any?</b>

- I was a member of Dark Chalice for a time, until my own ability to participate and the growth of the guild no longer provided a comfortable fit. The parting was amicable, and I have been working alone for several months now.

<b>Please describe what drew your interest in joining the Ironsong Tribe, and any memorable interactions you have had with members of Ironsong.</b>

- Though they may not realize it, many of the members of the Tribe have caught my eye. I have a habit of watching people while in the city - in part to keep my mind from reeling at the stress of it all - and I've made note of several people I've seen. Rawne, Sound, Fallingleaf, Shillatae, Pennyfeather, and more have all been visible reminders of the name to me, keeping the Tribe in my mind even if I have never really MET them. I was briefly able to attend the Moot in Thunder Bluff (though events conspired to steal me away shortly after Rootwalla began his introduction), and I saw there the same thing that I had always seen in the past - camaraderie, unity, and strength.*

<b>What is the greatest trial you have faced, either long ago, or in the recent past?</b>

- There have been no dragons in my life so far, nor titans that must be toppled. The one true trial I have had to undergo was the struggle to find my own true self. Faced with so many options to grow into, so many roles into which I could fit, I had a very difficult time finding a comfortable path through my vocation. At times, the loneliness and dissatisfaction threatened to erase all of my hard work and lead me to an early retirement. I am pleased to say that I have come to grips with my feral nature, realizing that with a little bit of work I could be true to myself as well as succeed in the roles others envisioned for me. Succeed, though perhaps not excel. Still, as simple a revelation as this may seem, it took a great deal of soul-searching and brutal honesty for me to accept the wildness within me while still remaining part of society.

<b>What are your current goals, or some of your greatest desires, and the reasons behind them?</b>

- My current goal is simply to enjoy the short time I have been allotted on Azeroth to its fullest. I will resist the monomania that consumed my earlier days - another gift from my father, I fear, is a tendency to become obsessive. Instead, I intend to be recognized as a Master leatherworker, to serve the Circle and the Frostwolf Clan to my fullest, and to plumb the darkest depths of dungeons around the world.

<b>What do you enjoy most in your adventures in Azeroth?</b>

- To date, my most memorable experiences are casual affairs in the smaller dungeons and ruins scattered across these lands. These affairs, while lacking the majesty and grandeur of large-scale raids, offer the ideal balance of challenge, camaraderie, and compensation. In addition, I take particular pride in responding to Alliance aggression on many fronts, from stemming the Stormpike invasion of Alterac Valley to responding to the heralds' cries in World Defense.

Ultimately, there is little I do not enjoy, provided that it requires me to better myself and challenges me to improve.

<b>Finally, have you read our Code of Conduct, and do you agree to abide by the rules stated in it? If so, please state so here in addition to a reply to the post itself.</b>

- I have read the Code, and do so agree to uphold it.

(( * - The OOC bit:

I don't like to break character on an IC application, but I do want to clarify a couple of things. Early on, the vast majority of my time was spent on the Alliance side, where my "mains" ran into the Tribe on a variety of occasions (since they are permaflagged, running into any member of the Horde was always a noteworthy event). They always impressed me with their good nature and respectful approach to play - as much as game mechanics would allow - and I always came away from the meetings with a smile. This, more than anything, has nudged me in this direction. Now, my play time is a little more even than when I was in Dark Chalice, and that time is even more evenly distributed between Horde and Alliance. I was struggling with the druid class for a long time, but I've fallen in love with it again. Now I'm ready to stop soloing and to join a family to make my experience in the game more rewarding and enjoyable - and hopefully to do the same for others' ))
11/9/06