The Ironsong Tribe

Full Version: Trek to the Crossroads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Shealtiel Firefox, February 14, 5 A.T.W. (After Third War)

Dear diary,

I'm only 106 years old, but I have been more places than my family went in a lifetime. I thank the Eternal Sun for bringing me into the fold of the Blood Bourne and the Ironsong Tribe. Without them, I would be alone. My parents and older sister consumed by the Scourge, I know not where they are. The Tribe is like a new family for me. The conflicts and friendships fill me with joy as I seek to reclaim Quel'Thalas from the taint of war…

Alas, my mission in Quel'Thalas nears its end. There is little left. A few Scourge in Deatholme hold some of our valuable scouts captive and the leader of the Amani Trolls must be slain and their foodstuffs poisoned to drive them from the region. I have orders to report to Tarren Mill near Hillsbrad when I am done and I plan to proceed there within a few days, but I have been given new orders by a Forsaken in the Tauren refuge of Thunder Bluff…

Since I was taken to Thunder Bluff by magical means, I am unclear as to the road that takes me there. The Forsaken Apothecary wants something called 'Serpentbloom', whatever the heck that is. She said it's someplace called the 'Wailing Caverns'. Amidst the stares and the whispers of "Is that the girl who killed Dar'Khan? She's so young… how could she have done that? They say she manipulates demons and does not suffer from the addiction. What? Are you serious? No addiction? She looks beautiful, I'm sure men fall for her all the time…" I managed to find that Wailing Caverns is just west of the Crossroads. Fantastic… I got there by magical means, too. I'll have to walk. I hear it's safer to walk from Orgrimmar, so I plan to leave at 9 this morning to get there. The heat and dust are brutal so I'll need plenty of water and lots of rest on the way. Besides my Succubus companion, I'll be alone… if only someone was with me…
Shealtiel Firefox, February 17, 5 A.T.W. (After Third War)

Dear Diary,

I made it through the hot sun of Durotar and the Barrens to the Crossroads, none the worse for wear, albeit thirsty as Sandfury troll. Again, as I asked a guard for directions, I was inquired as to whether or not I was the one who slew Dar'Khan. 'Yes, that is I… now which way is the Crossroads?' Could I have been more civil? Perhaps I was not curt enough… Maybe this is just paranoia; I need more faith in myself, like Eveline has in me.

Finally I reached my desired destination and made a beeline for my contact there. The tauren requested that I aid him in his research of the flora in the region and we were both shocked to discover that the oases had been altered by the powers of the druids within the Wailing Caverns! I could never have made it through the death throes of the Caverns alone; thankfully Mokimi selflessly took the time to guide me through the Caverns and destroy the druids within.

The aftermath of my trek caused me much disappointment as my fellow Sin'dorei, Cognyte in particular, chastised me for choosing to awaken Naralex rather than slay him as I had done the others. I hope they do not judge me too harshly for my actions in the days, weeks, even months ahead…