The Ironsong Tribe

Full Version: I was hacked appearantly....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Well I haven't been on WoW for about the last two to two and a half weeks due to finals of last semester and all the work associated with them. Well what do I see when I check my email two days ago? Apearantly my account was hacked, pasword changed, items sold, and characters restored( which seemed a bit wierd). Anyways I scaned my computer and found that I apearantly had two worms on it which I removed and then changed the passwords on my WoW account and my email.

Now it apears that several of my characters were demoted to peon during my absence which I(and Erua) guess means that the hackers probably stole something from the guild bank. Since I have never been hacked before I'm going to ask, Is there anything that I need to report to the GMs about stolen guild bank material or is that something that the officers do?

On a side note because of this event I have decided to buy a authenticator to avoid this annoyance in the future. So, feel free to leave my characters as peons untill it arrives and is put to use.

Update: Got authenticator and assigned it to my account.

Cool; I'm waiting on mine.