The Ironsong Tribe

Full Version: Oriard Mystrood
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
*Fumbles about in his robes before pulling out a parchment.* Hmm.. Lessee, my application to this ...tribe.
Quote:1) State your name and any titles that you have earned, through service to the Horde in battle or otherwise
Oriard Mystrood - Blood Elf - 2nd Level Technolomagus
Yeah... Would perhaps be good to explain what the Nether a Technolomagus is... I'll scribble that in later on in the paper...
*Retrieves his quill and starts to scratch in a few things further on in the questionnaire.*
Quote:2) List your vocation, be it Mage, Hunter, or any other.
Up until recent ...incidents regarding the Scourge, Sunwell, and the destruction of Silvermoon, most of my kin refered to me as a Priest of the Light. Though I have recently begun to combine that with various technological practices, combining engineering with mana, and prefer to be refered to as a Technolomagus; using my intellect and knowledge of spells taken from the Light and Shadow to be a certainly powerful individual.
I wonder if I will be yelled at for releasing so much information... I.. Ah well. *Shrugs lightly.*
Quote:3) Please introduce yourself to us, as much of your personal history as you feel comfortable sharing at this time.
I was born in raised in Suncrown Village in what is now refered to as the Ghostlands, sadly. There I met an eccentric magus with a penchant for technology and had a lavish estate in the mountains south of where I lived. He took me in and taught me the wonders of the gnomes and their engineering. Through my childhood innocence at the time, I made him wonder what would happen if technology and magic were one and the same, somehow or another. Then I was sent away, to Silvermoon, where I was entered into the Priesthood of Quel'Thalas.
Years passed, and our beloved city fell to the undead horrors of the Scourge. I had managed to flee out of the Plaguelands through a spare portal to the city of Ironforge. I was nearly trampled by the rush of evacuating gnomes though, yet while in the city, I met up with that mage again! His estate had been one of the first places ransacked, the Liches of the Scourge apparently seeking the magic that powered the mansion. He had saved only one book of notes, his theories on the combines of spells and machinations. Together we worked, aided by the plight of our people for mana, we saw a huge opportunity, if things worked out, we could possible even have generators pumping out pure mana like those rumored to exist in Outland, but not needed the horrid airs of the Twisting Nether to operate.
It didn't take long to find out about the blood elves defection, the fractures in the Alliance itself and the fading pact with the Horde, and the various skirmishes caused by that. So we fled back to the only place we could, the Undercity. Working with the various (mad) scientists there, we established some working prototypes, but many failures. Though, now once again in Silvermoon, thanks to the Forsaken and the new alliance with the rest of the Horde, the experiments continue, hoping to aid our people's lives and keep our allies strong.

4) Tell us about any professions you have taken up, such as Tailoring or First Aid.
It is a dirty job, but I must mine ore and stones from the ground to continue my Engineering work and power my devices. I plan to seek out Goblins one day to incorporate their various designs into my own.
5) What are the Clans, Tribes, or Guilds that you have been a part of in the past, if any?
I have been a loner my life in this regard, only helping various people and not officially joining anything.
6) Please describe what drew your interest in joining the Ironsong Tribe, and any memorable interactions you have had with members of Ironsong.
That question should be sent to...
...Uggh, where did he go? *Mumbles angrily under his breath.* Bugger. I am a great ...friend of Zanzi, whom has been bugging persistantly to join the tribe he is a part of. I'll let him answer the rest of that...whenever he shows up... *Lets out an annoyed sigh.*
Quote:7) What is the greatest trial you have faced, either long ago, or in the recent past?
What blood elf has not had to deal with the destruction of our homeland, the constant battles with the Scourge, the sting of lost family... Though, the single biggest event out of that: Having to escape the undead's assault on Silvermoon City. Being a member of the Priesthood I was urged onto one of the few boats still floating and was tasked with ...deciding ...who could get on with us. Space was limited... And regretfully... So many where left behind to the claws of Ghouls. One of those, 'if you could change any moment of your life?' times, sadly, though I chose my best, though my heart was aching that I had to choose.
Perhaps I should add something in there about any day with Zanzi... *Rollseyes.*
Quote:8) What are your current goals, or some of your greatest desires, and the reasons behind them?
Gaining power and a better life for our people. I believe that the technolomagus way is the key to expanding our hold on our addiction, and the amplification of power in spells will help us win any wars we are forced into, against any enemy. It will help the priests cure any ailment, the mages incinerate any walking corpse, the warlocks pin down any demon, and the shaman and druids communicate with nature and help her recover.
9) What do you enjoy most in your adventures in Azeroth?
Ah! The sight-seeing! The gorgeous world with so much to be uncovered! So many mysteries to solve, and so many more that show themselves when you figure the secrets to one! From plants, to magic, to fauna, to battle, there's so much to find and figure out!
10) Finally, have you read our Code of Conduct, and do you agree to abide by the rules stated in it? If so, please state so here in addition to a reply to the post itself.
I have read, understood, found reason in, and agree to adhere to the Code of Conduct of the tribe. Everything makes sense and I have no questions about such.
Well, that should do it... *Leaves the application in the designated place, looking around with his ears perked and twitching a bit.* Now to find that bugger...
"Look, Pris.. isn't that the boy, er.. man, we met last night? I was wondering if he was going to join the Tribe."

The mushroom haze having lifted from Shenawyn's mind, she pulled her twin to the totem to view the new applications, pointing out one in particular.

"He seemed so nice at the moot. Oh! You missed the story about the Troggs!"

Shen giggled, shaking her head. She thought to herself that anyone who could bring a smile to Zanzi's face must be exceptionally talented.
Prisom, being distracted by other thoughts, blinked and focused on the totem Shenawyn was pulling him to see. His face was impassive as he read over the words, eyes pulsing a deep green as they so often did when he was absorbing the written word.

Finally he was done and he smiled and shrugged at his sister's comment, "You spoke to him more than I, Shen. I barely talked to the man." Then, he blinked and slowly turned his head to look over at his twin, arching a brow, "...Troggs?"