The Ironsong Tribe

Full Version: Donnchadh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1) State your name and any titles that you have earned, through service to the Horde in battle or otherwise
Well hell, my name is Donnchadh of Cedinhol (people tends to call me Don for short due to muh surname bein' so long). I'm known as "The Drowned Rat" on account of how I died an' the kind of person I am *Donnchadh grins*

2) List your vocation, be it Mage, Hunter, or any other.
I'm yer average ne'er do well rogue. Found it was a perfect fit seein' as I couldn't see all that well when I was alive an' nobody suspectin' the blind guy of robbin' 'em penniless *Donnchadh grins wider*

3) Please introduce yourself to us, as much of your personal history as you feel comfortable sharing at this time.
Well let's see here. I'm "Don" an' I happens tah be a corpse in the service of the Dark Lady fer as long as she's payin' me good money. I used tah be alive back a'fore any of you young 'uns was even thought of, dig? Afore all this war business even started, I was a vagabond tryin' to "earn" meals an' money tah buy my own land an' have an orange orchard. Couldn' really do "hones' work" a'cause o' my eyes an' I noticed people wasn't lookin' sideways at me when I'd nick food from their carts an' what not so's I kinda fell into bein' a rogue. Was about a quarter of a way to gettin' enough money fer that land when some 'sociates I knew took unkindly to my plans. They cornered me an' drowned me in a lake an' since my eyes was screwy an' all an' nobody liked me much to begin with, it were told like I slipped an' couldn' swim.

Felt like I was sleepin' an' then I woke up with my eyes an' most of my skin gone an' a second chance at life so's now I plan tah save up enough money tah buy my own land an' grow an orange orchard like afore... ah them oranges... I can almost taste 'em when I eats 'em... almost.

4) Tell us about any professions you have taken up, such as Tailoring or First Aid.
Well seein' as how I never really had any hobbies when I were younger... an' alive an' all, I decided, since I gots the time now, that I'd take up learnin' all them new-fangled machines that you kids're buildin'. I gotta tell ya them bombs an' guns an' things like that're somethin' else. We would've gone nuts over that stuff in the good ol' days. Also took up minin' so's I kin get a little meat back intah my bones... don't seem to be hurtin' or helpin' but at least it gives me what I need to make a lot o' good noise. Always was a good fisherman so's I took that up as well as cookin' them little critters. One thing kinda out of the ord'nary I learnt was how tah bandage meself up. Figger you kin never be too safe, dig?

5) What are the Clans, Tribes, or Guilds that you have been a part of in the past, if any?
Well I were a member of the Local Thieves Guild in my ol' town but I don' reckon that's the kind of thing you folks wanna know about. Never been in any big group afore. This'll be my first since I woke up.

6) Please describe what drew your interest in joining the Ironsong Tribe, and any memorable interactions you have had with members of Ironsong.
Well this feller, Achai an' I started chattin' about what a big ole group like you folks would need to survive. At the time, I didn't know he were affeelated with any group er nothin', we was just shootin' some idears aroun' dig? We agreed on a lot of the perticulars an' he says "you should join this tribe I just got into" an' he described you folks an' you all sounded peachy fine fer an old fart like me so's here I am.

7) What is the greatest trial you have faced, either long ago, or in the recent past?
Well long ago my biggest trial was fer the thievin' of the local law's prized knife but I don't think that's the kind of trial you folks're talkin' about. I'd say my biggest challenge in life were to learn how to use my hands instead of my eyes since they wasn't workin' too good. I thinks an even harder challenge is learnin' how to use this undead vision instead of my hands. I'm not used to bein' able to see yet so I still uses my hands, especially with all them guns an' bombs an' doodads what I been makin'

8) What are your current goals, or some of your greatest desires, and the reasons behind them?
Well I always wanted to own an orange orchard a'cause them's my favorite food as they's so sweet an' juicy. Figger now that I'm dead I can't really taste 'em anymore but I eats 'em anyway jus' in case. Now that I'm dead though, I done fleshed my dream out. Now I wants to grow a bunch o' them oranges an' crate 'em off to them big cities an' make a damn load of money. Maybe open up a school fer them folks what can't see too well so's they won't go all criminal like I did. As fer the present I just want to get muh funds together to buy that first plot o' land an' no backstabbin' lackeys is gonna drown me again!

9) What do you enjoy most in your adventures in Azeroth?
Hell, boy, that'n's easy. It's all them new things what I ain't seen afore either a'cause o' my eyes bein' like they was or all them new things you folks invented since I was asleep. I tell ya I ain't too fond o' this here war an' all that but I figger them Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes, Night Elves, and whatchacallem... Draneyes did somethin' tah piss off my current employer so's there ya go. She ain't told me nothin' yet an' I don't really care to knows. Hell, them Orc folks an' Troll foks an' all the rest seem like a good enough group of people. We was kinda isolated when I was alive so's this is all kinda new to me but there ya go.

10) Finally, have you read our Code of Conduct, and do you agree to abide by the rules stated in it? If so, please state so here in addition to a reply to the post itself.
Yeah, I read 'em an' signed 'em an' all that.

I've been informed by Heari'taj that this rogue is an acceptable gentleman. I don't know how much I trust him on such things, but... "Don" seems respectable.
I thank ya kindly, sir. I's just kinda... old fashioned, dig? I also likes to take my time when it comes tah explorin' an' such. Don't like rushin' into them things.

((IE I don't level quick because... I don't really know, I just don't level quick.))