The Ironsong Tribe

Full Version: EndGame Raid Tonight - Dromand may be MIA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hope someone catches this. If you do, please reply here so I know my message got passed on. Please let Elyana/Bloodfeaster or Krigaren know that Dromand may not be able to make it. If possible, hold my spot until raid time, I'm hoping to be back in by then.

My main computer just stopped powering on earlier today, and I can't figure out wtf happened. The only thing I noticed happening was me bumping the power cord. I've re-seated all the components, double and triple-checked all the connections, tried two different power cords, tried it in another room, and the only thing I can get to power on is some little green LED on my motherboard. I don't have a spare power supply to check, so hopefully it's just something that got bumped loosish in the move, and then loose completely. I dunno.

So.. I'm downloading 2.3 onto my wife's computer, so hopefully it'll be done and installed by the time the raid rolls around. 40% so far, so I think it should be np.
If there aren't even any beeps when you try to power it on, the only two possibilities are the motherboard and the power supply (since if its anything else, the motherboard will start beeping codes at you to tell you what it thinks is wrong). I recently had this same thing happen to me. In my case, it was the power supply. Even if its the motherboard, a spare power supply can come in handy to help diagnose exactly this issue. If you felt like sleeping on the couch, you could always borrow the power supply from the wife's computer for testing purposes....
I'll pass your message along.

-Jaba

Gioron Wrote:If there aren't even any beeps when you try to power it on, the only two possibilities are the motherboard and the power supply (since if its anything else, the motherboard will start beeping codes at you to tell you what it thinks is wrong). I recently had this same thing happen to me. In my case, it was the power supply. Even if its the motherboard, a spare power supply can come in handy to help diagnose exactly this issue. If you felt like sleeping on the couch, you could always borrow the power supply from the wife's computer for testing purposes....
Occasionally, bad RAM will cause that. Try popping out all but one stick of RAM, and if that doesn't work, try one stick in a different slot. I've seen it happen.
And, I'm on life support on the wife's computer.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give the RAM one a go. Seems like the mobo would still beep at me for that though. I figure it's likely the power supply, even though it's relatively new. And by "I figure", I mean "Oh god I hope it's not the motherboard". I hate replacing those.