The Ironsong Tribe

Full Version: Perhaps we need a guild note
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any way we can plug some info regarding these newer Kara runs into the Guild MoTD? Its my understanding that other people want to visit this place, but we never see anyone post availability for these topics save for those of us who are already going, and willing to help out.

Perhaps a large majority of the Tribe does not visit the forum on a regular basis? At all?

I think it may be wise to let them know by any avenue possible, so that they know this opportunity exists for a greater portion of the Tribe. Perhaps the MoTD and announced at the MOOT?
Good Idea.

-Jaba
I too think this is a good idea.
Seeing as I've been trying (On and off) to join a Kara raid for several months now and have been kept out pretty much solely because of my inability to sort through all the threads here to figure out what's been going on regularly, I fully support this idea.

Amato Wrote:Seeing as I've been trying (On and off) to join a Kara raid for several months now and have been kept out pretty much solely because of my inability to sort through all the threads here to figure out what's been going on regularly, I fully support this idea.
Click "View New Posts"! Trussssst me, it helps immensely. Blue for unread, flagged for your posted threads!
Another idea: one of my old guilds used to use a mod called GroupCalendar. I don't remember the specifics, but basically it was set up so anyone could post a raid or 5-man for a certain date and time and anyone else using the mod could sign up if they were interested. It was a good way to gauge interest and to see who would be around at these times.
Of course, you would be limited to only those members who had the mod installed, but it would at least remedy the hassle of constantly having to backcheck old forum threads in order to keep track of who would be attending and when. In addition, the interface was super easy to use, being set up in a traditional monthly calendar format and added to a small tab near the minimap, if I remember correctly.
I know that, for me at least, it would be easier to check the calendar and sign up for groups spontaneously, rather than commit myself to a weekly schedule and then have to make adjustments based on my availability. I think it would also be easier to check raid times or schedules in-game, rather than plodding through old sign-up threads.
I'm not suggesting this as a replacement for forum sign-ups, but perhaps a combination of the two would would make it a little easier to keep track of what's going on.
What do you guys think?