The Ironsong Tribe

Full Version: WoW Minis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So...

Most of you know that I'm a huge wargaming goober, enough so that I actually worked at the Games Workshop HQ (the folks behind Warhammer and Warhammer 40K) in Maryland for a few years (go dig out a copy of White Dwarf published in 2002-2003, you can see my sassy-looking picture in the back!).

Needless to say I am very excited about this game. Anyone else thinking of checking it out?
I am intrigued... But not overly excited. I was always more of a 40K player and, having been such, probably still owe money over my armies.

I've never played but I like wargames in general. I'm absolutely fascinated by miniatures and scale models as well. Some of the dioramas that people make are mind blowing. I'll probably pick up a few pieces when they're released just to look at them. Wink
I will definately be giving it a look see once it comes out. I am also a huge mini-games fan and have played most of the popular systems at one point or another. Does anyone know if this is going to be a single character type game or a large unit battles?
Right now all the info points toward individuals-based system skirmish rules, a la Lord of the Rings or any of the Clix system (as opposed to squad-based content, like Warhammer 40k). The game is supposedly going to have two different modes of play: one is a competitive version where players build a force of Horde, Alliance, or Monsters to defeat other player's force. The other is a team-based game simulating raids through random encounter generation. The first Raid expansion pack being released is Onyxia's Lair, and it does sound intriguing. I like the idea of multiple players teaming up against a randomized dungeon; we haven't really seen anything like that since Warhammer Quest.
Ooo Warhammer quest was great stuff! Also Rackham produces a similar game called Cadwallon which represents single mini characters going through random dungeons. Should be interesting to see how it developes.