The Ironsong Tribe

Full Version: Application for Hodenstanze Sharkpuncher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

1) State your name and any titles that you have earned, through service to the Horde in battle or otherwise.

Hodenstanze Sharkpuncher, Formerly of the Venture Trading Company.

2) List your race and vocation, be it Undead Mage, Orc Hunter, or any other.

Goblin, Freelance hunter contracted with the Bilgewater Cartel.

3) Please introduce yourself to us, as much of your personal history as you feel comfortable sharing at this time.

Cheers to ya. Hodenstanze Sharkpuncher is the name, but my friends call me Stan. Sharkpuncher ya ask? Great uncle on my pappy’s side punched a shark right in the kisser as the story goes. As to my personal history, what’s to say?

Step 1: Birth.
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit

I’m still workin on step 2. The VTC paid well enough, but certain cataclysmic events have set me back a pretty penny. My position was ‘no longer available’ as the nice lady with the burly assistants put it. But don’t you fret, I’ve the old tricks to fall back on. Strip mining and deforesting is good money, but not a red copper cent is made till all those cute little critters are gutted and skinned. Can’t have bambi mucking up the gears on a shredder, now can we? So when you are out looking to buy some new furniture, you can know it’s 100% bambi free thanks to your local Fauna Flaying Technician. And with all this new construction you tall folk have going, there’s plenty o’ need. So I’ll be back in a cushy office job in no time, don’t you worry your pretty little head.

4) Tell us about any professions you have taken up, such as Tailoring or First Aid.

Oh, I’m a goblin of many skills. A veritable cornu-freaking-copia of talents. I hunt; I skin; I fish; I cook; I clean- well not really, but the dirt is pretty spread even. I even dabble in the fine art of mucking about in crusty ruins looking for treasu-errr… historically significant artifacts. And of course I can stitch a wound shut, them critters are bitey!

5) What are the Clans, Tribes, or Guilds that you have been a part of in the past, if any?

I served five long years as a Fauna Flaying Technician before advancing to Fauna Flaying Planning and Oversight at the home office for the Venture Trading Company. Since parting ways with that fine upstanding corporation I have been working freelance for the Bilgewater Cartel.

6) Please describe what drew your interest in joining the Ironsong Tribe, and any memorable interactions you have had with members of Ironsong.

Well it certainly isn’t for the dental. Let me tell ya, some of you lanky troll types have teeth I could hang my hat on! I kid, I kid. But no, I find myself in an unfortunate predicament. In my enthusiasm for my work, I may- ‘may’ I say, the burden of proof has not been met- I may have accidentally attempted to practice my trade on one of your members. Had that fine upstanding corpse of a warlock Kummer not come along, I’m afraid yours truly might have found himself in the belly of that member whom I allegedly attacked on accident allegedly by mistake. Allegedly. My legal council has recommended I provide my services for a modest fee, errr… I mean… free of charge, yeah, free of charge to settle any grievance I may have allegedly caused. Allegedly.

7) What is the greatest trial you have faced, either long ago, or in the recent past?

Have you ever tried office politics in an office full of goblins? Hoo boy. My great uncle punched sharks with duller teeth.

8) What are your current goals, or some of your greatest desires, and the reasons behind them?

That’s easy. See step 3 above. Also I’ve always wanted to own a kodo. When I’m rich I’ll have whole herds of them pulling me about in a gilded chariot. You’ll look at me rolling by and say to yourself “Wow. That viral, handsome, and godlike icon of masculinity must be rich. I want to be like him.”

9) What do you enjoy most in your adventures in Azeroth?

There’s this little bar down in Tanaris with this sweet little waitress who… err… nevermind.

10) Finally, have you read our Code of Conduct, and do you agree to abide by the rules stated in it? If so, please state so here in addition to a reply to the post itself.

Sure thing. No problem chief.

((Hodenstanze is intended to be my new main. You will see nothing of my other characters except for crafting purposes until he is 85. Also, while looking for resources on goblins this helped me immensely in forming the groundwork for his character: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.wowwiki.com/How_to_roleplay_a_goblin">http://www.wowwiki.com/How_to_roleplay_a_goblin</a><!-- m -->))

Wakaraina wonders if Hodenstanze meant to write "virile" instead of "viral", but then remembers that most goblins have caught something in those isles.

"I'd be happy to Cleanse Disease..."

I'm infectious dontcha know! Gonna get in ya till ya itch and no muckity muck shaman healing is gonna cleanse me!

*cackles*
Hodenstanze will, of course, be allowed to join without going to a moot if you want.

Lucinther Wrote:Hodenstanze will, of course, be allowed to join without going to a moot if you want.

Now that there's right considerate of you. For a thieving corpse you're alright. Cheers!

((I've got next week off, so I'm likely to actually be able to attend a moot with him- but it'll be nice to get in on the guild chat before then.))