The Ironsong Tribe

Full Version: Jaba's ABCs of Raiding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is based on my experiences on how to be a successful "relaxed" raider. I encourage other people to add their ABCs as well.

A. Show up: 80% of success is showing up -- Woody Allen
A universal truth that is useful not only for raiding, but all sorts of things, like school, family, job... I include in this showing up being prepared with consumables, reagents, appropriate gear, addons, and being somewhat knowledgeable of the fights.

B. One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork. -- Edward Abbey
Always remember that you are part of the team, and that your goal is not to stand out as an individual player, but to have the best team. Thus, concerning specs and gear, as long as you are contributing to the success of the team, and bosses are going down, all is good, but try to maximize your individual contribution to the team within your own constraints.

C. Do thou restrain the haughty spirit in thy breast, for better far is gentle courtesy. -- Homer
Please treat your teammates with respect and courtesy. See item B.

D. No man ever listened himself out of a job.-- Calvin Coolidge
Listen to the instructions from your raid leader.

E. It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. -- James Thurber
If you don't understand what to do, ask a question.

F. The holy passion of Friendship is of so sweet and steady and loyal and enduring a nature that it will last through a whole lifetime, if not asked to lend money. -- Mark Twain
Have fun and enjoy your teammates.

G. It's all about the loot -- Jabaloot
Relax, have fun, but to progress and see more content, you have to improve your gear.
Jabaloot is a disease.....catch it!
I feel people should read this. Although I had a great night last night...lots of laughs and a very relaxed atmosphere. Jaba has made some valuable points that I think we should continue to maintain.