The Ironsong Tribe

Full Version: Application for Fixxit Blastcutter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Ironsong tribe,

I am sending this letter to you in advance, because I have a feeling that I may not be as welcome as I was a year ago. I have recently escaped from prison, and would like to bring you a present, with hopes that it make up for some of what has happened to your tribe. I will deliver it in person, when I am able. I have a long trip ahead of me and hope that I will be able to arrive by the end of next week. I also would ask to join your tribe, so that I could make up for the losses that have occurred. When Ryak told me that he was going to make you suffer for what I told you, I was devastated. He thought that taking out the Ironsong Tribe would be easy. I am relieved that that is not the case.

You may be wondering how I got captured in the first place? Well, that is rather embarrassing, but I was actually caught off guard. Ryak, Rhogarran, and Kiarra are at the top of their league. And I hadn’t realized that they’d learn so much about my tendencies, while I was ‘a member’ of SI:7.

They made me to drink a potion that forced me to tell the truth about the questions they asked me. I tried to resist, and I wish I could say that I succeeded, but we both know that that is not the case. The compulsion was too great for me to resist. They told me that they were going to blow up your guild hall and everything in it. Knowing Ryak as well as I do, I’d be surprised if he hadn’t carried out his threat.

They locked me up in the Stockades and were planning on having me hanged. But that was about the time that Stormwind was attacked first by the elementals, then by something much bigger. I am not sure what attacked the city, but it sounded like a monster, maybe a dragon, and it shook the whole city - even the dungeon. Next thing I knew the wall burst open, and I was able to see outside. However, since the dungeon is underground, the water from the waterway began to come in. The real problem was that I was still chained up to a different wall. Debris from the damaged surrounding buildings also was pouring in through the hole. I found a charred piece of wood which had a few nails in it. I pushed the nail out of the wood and used it to pick the lock. However, by that time I was submerged completely and still had the leg irons to take care of. Fortunately, I am skilled at picking locks. I got the locks open and swam out through the opening in the wall.

I looked up and saw a behemoth of a dragon, covered in metal plates (I would guess goblin workmanship) and engulfed in flames. It was destroying the city. It was incredible. I escaped the city by using the waterways and staying low.

I would have made my way to your tribe hall then, but I owed it to my friends, Lugnut and Splugg to find them and rescue them. Ryak had mentioned an island, so I hired a boatsman to help me find my friends. It was only until a week ago that I was able to find my friends. They had escaped from the island and were staying at a resort up in Aszhara working as waiters! They said they’d not tried to find me because I’d been taken away to be hanged and they thought I was dead.

So, now I implore you to allow me to repay my debt to your guild. I have enclosed an application I found for your guild in Thunder Bluff.

1) State your name and any titles that you have earned, through service to the Horde in battle or otherwise
Fixxit Blastcutter - You may know me better by my gnome pseudonym, ‘Squigvicious’.
2) List your race and vocation, be it Undead Mage, Orc Hunter, or any other.
I am a goblin rogue.
3) Please introduce yourself to us, as much of your personal history as you feel comfortable sharing at this time.
I work for a small company that focuses on salvaging and repairing various things. When we heard that the market was going to be swayed greatly by the renowned market psychic, Plinket Whizzlegear, I decided to use my special talents to find out what I could do to make it more advantageous for the Horde, by finding out what the Alliance was up to that would cause the market to lean in their direction. I believe the rest is documented here on this totem ((Head’s up- general gossip)).
4) Tell us about any professions you have taken up, such as Tailoring or First Aid.
I am a master engineer, a gatherer of minerals, and an expert at dressing wounds. I have a knack for finding salvaged materials and turning them into useful items...such as bombs.
5) What are the Clans, Tribes, or Guilds that you have been a part of in the past, if any?
To fit in better in the Alliance community, I joined a guild called Deathbreed. I was forcibly removed from the guild when I found my new residency in the Stormwind Stockades.
6) Please describe what drew your interest in joining the Ironsong Tribe, and any memorable interactions you have had with members of Ironsong.
I first was acquainted the Ironsong Tribe when I was in Ironforge working on my engineering. There were shouts of ‘Attack’ and I went to see what was going on. (Being careful to hold up a flag of truce) I saw a bunch of Horde members, lead by a fierce tauren wearing your guild tabard. I heard one of the other members of the raid refer to him as Kretol. I thought that a guild that was that determined to go into the halls of the enemy and strike down their king with such ease would surely have the courage to face the news that needed to be delivered to the horde about the planned attacks. Anyway, they left Magni severely wounded and disappeared through a portal. Had it not been for the skilled healers, I believe that would have been the end of the Dwarven king. (But now, he’s dead anyway; I hear it was due to a misinterpretation of a spell. “One with the earth, indeed.” Hah!)
7) What is the greatest trial you have faced, either long ago, or in the recent past?
Well, being stuck in a gnome’s dead body ranks pretty high...no pun intended. But seriously, I did smell pretty rank after that experience. Escaping from Gilneas would be my greatest trial.
8) What are your current goals, or some of your greatest desires, and the reasons behind them?
My greatest desire would be to remove Ryak’s head from his shoulders. I think you can probably guess the reason.
9) What do you enjoy most in your adventures in Azeroth?
I would have to say blowing things up is what I enjoy most. It’s taken me quite some time to get my stock of bombs back to what they used to be after they were taken from my possession by that...well, I better not say...now all I need are my knives back....
10) Finally, have you read our Code of Conduct, and do you agree to abide by the rules stated in it? If so, please state so here in addition to a reply to the post itself.
I, Fixxit Blastcutter, swear to uphold and abide by the rules listed in the Ironsong Tribe’s Code of conduct. May I be strapped to ‘The big one’ and blown to smithereens if I do anything that goes against the Ironsong Tribe.
<signed>Fixxit Blastcutter.

"I, for one, have my doubts about his one, wit' 'is Alliance past and recent problems wit' spies and sabotage. I would ask dat if we allow him to redeem hi'self, dat we assign someone to watch 'im and 'is actions.

Tho' wit' the recent changes to da world, weirder tings 'ave 'appened.

So speak Tursi'ops, newly adopted child of da Loa."

((ooc: Great character introduction RP, scenes, and such! Tursi might not trust ya, but the player of Tursi vouches for the fun!))
He is of course welcome to come and present his case. We will inform you of our moot location closer to the event. Come alone and announce yourself when you arrive.