The Ironsong Tribe

Full Version: SSC Friday Raids - Next Aug. 22 700p Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The plan is to return to SSC at 700p Server on Friday Aug. 22, and to kill Lurker and then, move on to try Leotheras. We have to have a warlock with certain Fire Resist and Stamina stats, and Bloodbound has been working on this.

Also, this raid is going to change directions somewhat. It will be less focused on linear progression. Instead, we plan to mix it up a bit in order to experience new content. For example, after working on Leo for a bit, I plan to go to The Eye and try Void Reaver and Solarian. For now, we will try and run the raid every week, but of course, in the future, this depends on the attendance that we get.

Again, there are some gear requirements for the Tier 5 content. Ideally, we would like folks to be in Karazahn, Tier 4, or Badge/Heroic epics. The tribe runs Karazahn on Mon. and Weds. nights in order to gear up its members. Please contact Kosath if you are interested.

That being said, our intent is to take tribe members and friends over LFG people.

Helpful mods are BigWigs Boss mod, Omen Threat Meter, and ORA2 (Raid Assist). In addition, a damage meter like Recount can be helpful in improving performance. For example, if someone is doing way more damage, you can see what they are doing to achieve that.

Hope to see you there,
Jaba
I would like to suggest maybe giving Naxx a try at some point.

Definately looking forward to Friday!
Cloudjumper Wrote:I would like to suggest maybe giving Naxx a try at some point.

I know that Harsh Winter has open invites for that from time to time, as for Ironsong, I don't think we could field the numbers (because numbers is what is needed there, 30+) for many of the fights. If people are wanting retroraiding, I'd suggest the Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj or Zul'Gurub. The Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj is still one of my favorite instances and has some very unique fights. Who remembers Moam the mana drain fight? Or Buru the gorger? Amazingly fun fights.

I think that a different night would be best for these however, as Jaba is trying to introduce many into the Burning Crusade fights.
Naxx can wait for WotLK at this point, since we'll be seeing it again anyway. At least then it will be tuned for smaller numbers (hopefully).

I am definitely in favor of Jabadue's plans.
It seems that Mynos and I will not be attending the raid on Friday as other plans have been made...
Bump to remind people of the raid tonight. Here is a link to Leotheras strategy:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.wowwiki.com/Leotheras_the_Blind">http://www.wowwiki.com/Leotheras_the_Blind</a><!-- m -->

If Crafters could be prepared to make anything with fire resistance or stamina, that would be helpful as well.

-Jaba
A couple of points of emphasis for Leotheras.

1. You have to avoid his whirlwind. Basically, this means run like heck to avoid him.
2. Check the online strategies for downing your inner demon. This can be a challenge for Prot Warriors, and healers.
3. Stop DPS before he transitions to Demon Form. DPS like heck during Demon Form.

-Jaba