The Ironsong Tribe

Full Version: Election Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
GET OUT AND VOTE!!

If you are an American citizen who is of age and not a convicted felon, you have no excuse. This is one of the most significant events of our lifetime, and you'd be insane to not let your voice be heard. Take some time and go out, and take part in history.

Done and done, sir! /salute

Bah, unfortunately someone somewhere sucks and messed up my absentee ballot, but apparently they seem to be having a lot of issues withs tudent's ballots here at my school, so at least I'm not alone.

Good thing who I would cast my vote for is going to take NY anyway (if you extrapolate based on previous elections)
I think I am just going to stay away from the IST forums for a few days...

Thanuist Wrote:apparently they seem to be having a lot of issues withs tudent's ballots here at my school, so at least I'm not alone.

What? Systematic mishandling of a predictable subpopulation's vote? That never happens...

Elyana Wrote:
Thanuist Wrote:apparently they seem to be having a lot of issues withs tudent's ballots here at my school, so at least I'm not alone.

What? Systematic mishandling of a predictable subpopulation's vote? That never happens...
Well, mine was an absentee ballot issue, but apparently the people who registered students to vote pulled something because a whole bunch of my friends who registered weren't able to vote

This is in upstate? Not terribly surprising, because universities are usually liberal votes and upstate new york is anything but liberal. Luckily it won't matter in the case of New York, like you said. :)

While absentee ballots are important, keep in mind they only rush to count them if it's close in that particular state.

@Sreng: I'll vote when they give me some better choices. That's all I'm going to say on that matter, lest things get ugly.
Voting done, sticker acquired, free coffied from Starbucks. I have conquered.

Quote: I'll vote when they give me some better choices. That's all I'm going to say on that matter, lest things get ugly.

I am voting because I can Big Grin
I voted early. You know us "old folk" always vote, so you youngsters better get out there and keep me from taking all your future earnings for my cushy retirement. Wink

Good grief, I got an application to the AARP the other day Sad

Oh well, senior discounts here I come...

-Jaba

I voted last week!

Elyana Wrote:This is in upstate? Not terribly surprising, because universities are usually liberal votes and upstate new york is anything but liberal. Luckily it won't matter in the case of New York, like you said. :)

I just thought everyone should know that Ben & Jerry's is giving out free cones to people who vote today!

Also, as a first time voter, I am very happy and proud that I voted. :D

Good work to everyone else who voted today or mailed in or who took part in the election process (trying to vote counts too, Than :) )
I voted, I also had a very long line of.....me. The poll workers outnumbered the voters by around 10 to 1.

So glad I live in the middle of nowhere.

I'm just outside Atlanta. Waited two hours, but in the entire line no one complained, and no one left.

Good to see that kind of turnout.
Pages: 1 2