it was only a matter of time...
so, some of you may remember one of my interesting cases rom work that i talked about a few weeks ago. For those who are unfamiliar with what i'm talking about, i'll give a quick explaination. now, i must make this clear... this is entirely true and is in no way a joke...

About three weeks ago myself and another patrol were dispatched to a barracks room for a larceny case. generally when dispatched to such, we automatically awesome that we are dealing with the theft of a semi- high value item... i.e. a tv or game console or something along that lines. we approach the scene as such and are prepared to take statements, pictures, and get all the information possible. i start out with the usual lines of questions.
"what was taken?"
"my roommate stole 2,000 gold from my account..."
"and how did....wait, he stole what?"
"2,000 gold."
i had to walk out of the room and let my partner deal with the situation while i came up with a polite way to inform him that there was absolutely nothing we could do.
----------
now, i told you that story to tell you this one. today during our daily guard mount training.... we were informed of a class in san fransico strictly for law enforcement personnel and how to investigate the thet of online gaming currencies.... apparently we aren't the only ones who have received actual 911 calls for WoW gold theft... apparently its so common that we now have training on how to investigate such...
[Image: 3994085VvROm.png]
*facepalm*
Yeah...it's called an authenticator.

I do not envy you! lol