another "COMPLETELY Hypothetical" idea. (west coast moot?)
For those who want to have an in-person Ironsong moot/family gathering, but can't make it to Vermont (or even if you can 8-)), Myself, Krell and Sound (Sorry Sound, we volunteered you to help plan... Smile) are proposing the having one on the West coast!

We'd be looking to have it at Lake Shasta, in Northern California. Renting a houseboat, and finding a beach area and parkin' it for a long weekend-o-funzoorz.

Sometime between mid-September and early-October, the weather would still be pretty nice (highs averaging 75-85 and lows being in the low 60s...) And the lake wouldn't be too busy, as it's the off season.

Sound like something anyone would be interested in?
Sounds like a tremendous idea! I am pretty sure I'd be able to make the 6 hour drive down I-5 to Lake Shasta.

For those of you who have never flown over or driven around Shasta....it's one of the most gorgeous lakes I've ever seen.

If we get alot of interest in this idea, Vanea and I will start to post links of info on the lake itself, and surrounding areas.

Hope to see bunches of you there!

~ Krell
Shantow the Bear
The Ironsong Tribe

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." King
I'm in.
"Passion and shame torment him, and rage is mingled with his grief."

~Virgil~
[Image: playerfeed_1902018_bigsig.gif]
Bwah! A variety of unavoidable life stuffs is keeping me from going to Vermont, but this, at that time... I can say without doubt or hesitation that I am in.
I've been wanting something west coast to happen forever.. Of course I'll help!

I'm in as well.
I'd probably be in. I may have to carpool with Efluvious though.
I just talked to my father, he and my mom have the last week of september off, said that they'd probably be keen to bring the boat down and spend some time with us all, if "we didnt mind some old farts comin' along" .. so if it happened that week, we could totally have boat for some water skiing/tubing/cruising a bit or what have you. Just a thought -- could be teh fun.
I'd potentially be interested, considering I live in Southern California.
Ooooooh love this idea, it is something I have thought about as well. Not sure if I can actually swing it but will be trying!
So I talked to Krellie-bellie about this yesterday but... if y'all plan it for around October 6th, I can go! I've got a 5 day weekend/short break from Cornell at that time and I'd love love love to go to Cali for my break. Let me know what ends up happening Smile

Mel
Could be very interesting... I'd go. <grins>
^ You'd better be coming! Otherwise I'll tell all of your secrets! ~woooooooooo~
"Passion and shame torment him, and rage is mingled with his grief."

~Virgil~
[Image: playerfeed_1902018_bigsig.gif]
Interesting... I could fly to Sacramento cheaper than I could fly to Vermont...
Kosath Whitehorn
"The Tribe is my weapon.  I am their shield."
That's 'cause we don't like planes in Vermont.
I'm outa holidays with work so I cant make it this year Sad

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  West Coast Moot! A signup! 24 9,410 09-30-2007, 09:12 PM
Last Post: Sreng
  Ready-- West Coast Moot aGoGo! 49 18,086 08-22-2007, 11:07 AM
Last Post: Sound
  No longer hypothetical!! Sreng 59 22,617 07-24-2007, 06:14 AM
Last Post: Guest
  COMPLETELY hypothetical.... Sreng 36 13,160 05-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sreng