Ylev Lokisheim, Mage Extraordinaire!
Why most august personages, Ylev Lokisheim at your service! Pointy-eared pest and purveyor of parlor tricks, or if you want to be plebian about it, a blood elf mage with a thirst for…well, anything from adventure to booze, really. I blame both vices on being exposed to them as a young, innocent and impressionable urchin living off the streets (and whatever I could filch from the nearby vendors).

Oh, you want to hear that story? Well, pumpkins, if you insist...I grew up on the streets of a city long past, and I was a street urchin, all small and grubby and spiny. You learn to fend for yourself quickly, there, and you also grow a crust, though that’s more from a lack of any concept of hygiene (so dreadful!). Anyways, like all blood elves I struggled with my addiction to arcane magic, but there is addiction (which is tolerable), and then there is addiction, which is nasty. Some of the other street rats become Wretched and was positively terrified, so I resolved to prevent that from happening to moi.

It started with pilfering tomes, and ended with pestering mages; either way, I spent a lot of time as a critter. Incidentally, penguins are the most awkward creatures on the planet, and this is from first-hand experience. Eventually, I did come across a mage who took me in and taught me the basics, but she was killed in the fight with the traitor Kael’Thas. And so, with nowhere to go, and my city in ruins, I left to begin my adventures in Azeroth. I had to learn to fish, to cook food on the go, and how to mend my inevitable wounds. At the same time, though, I picked up the skill of creating beautiful gems and enchanting my personal effects to sparkle. I like sparkly things; I bet you can't tell...

But in truth, even with many sparkly things I am getting...what's the word...discontented . It has taken me many nights of introspection (following many nights of glorious alcohol-induced mayhem) butI have finally figured out why: I have never had a clan or a family. But mayhap I am getting old, or even bored. I want to find out what it is like, to belong to a close-knit clan.

Come to think of it, of the encounters I have had throughout my wanderings, I have most enjoyed meeting other heroic ]adventurers. I want to fight for a cause, to have teammates to watch my back and to defend in return. In truth, most “clans” I have found in the past were shallow and fleeting. Tribes that strive for true glory and honor in this shattered age are few and far between, but tribes that look out for each other are even rarer. Of all the groups that I have encountered throughout the ages, the Ironsong Tribe has been the most memorable and stirring; I recall a recent opportunity I had to take down Halfus Wyrmbreaker with a few members of the tribe. This was also one of the greatest trials I had ever faced in my travels throughout Azeroth – the fights with the Twilight’s Hammer cultists were deadly and required all the skill and attention I had gleaned over the years! I was impressed with the camaraderie and capability of all members in the group, and gained the impression that this would be a tribe I would be honored to join.

So there you have it! One of the few times that yours truly will ever be so solemn. It's taken a while for me to present myself officially, begging your pardons, but I hope you find me worthy (or at least, amusing)!

((I have read your Code of Conduct, and I do so agree to abide by these rules.))
An enemy to the Twilight Hammer is a friend of ours! Thank you for your application!

Please come to the moot on Thurday so that we can get to know you a little better. ((For time and location just ask a Tribe member that night.))

-Mula Stronghoof.
I think I've bumped into you on a few occasions. And yes I did notice my flask missing. Bring it with you to the moot this Thursday and perhaps we can talk.
-Donalzon

“He lives not long who battles with the immortals, nor do his children prattle about his knees when he has come back from battle and the dead fray.”

Homer, The Iliad
Ooooh yes. That. I merely borrowed it, is all, with the full intent of returning it! But I will be there, flask in hand!

((Side note: I'm on holiday now, so I will be able to attend this week's moot. However, I was just informed that I will be working nights starting from the week after next - will this be an issue?))
((You only need to make one, and even that we make exceptions for if there is a scheduling conflict.))
-Donalzon

“He lives not long who battles with the immortals, nor do his children prattle about his knees when he has come back from battle and the dead fray.”

Homer, The Iliad