Wollfe/Karnma has been hacked....again.
The bad news is this is the second time in 3 months...he was gone for so long because it took almost a month to get the account back from being banned. The good news is I think both characters are still peons so the guild bank should be safe.

Hes working trying to get his account password changed but they have his email so its giving him some trouble. (Also bad news is both his arms are broken making typing difficult...and we wont be seeing the real Wollfe for 6-8 weeks).
*Karnma...is the other character..mind wandering again.
He really should invest in an authenticator. $6 is not that much to pay for the physical one or you can get the phone one for free. Seeing as how he seems to be a target, it's the logical option.

Blizzard caters to many phone types, so I think he should give it a try. He also will want to change his email password and do a thorough virus/phish/malware scan on his computer.
[Image: AWOeJWn.png]
As a heads-up, I received an e-mail on the account that's used for my WoW account. It said a character faction transfer request had been approved. Normally, the phishing e-mails are sent to my Yahoo! account, so I let my guard down. I clicked on the link, and it wound up at a site with "character verification," or something similar, as the website addy. I tried to enter my login info, and it said the info was wrong. I hadn't told NoScript to allow the site yet, so I'm fairly certain no damage has been done. It took me until the 2nd try to realize it wasn't asking me for an authenticator code; I'm very thankful now I spent the money to get one. To be safe, I went and changed my password on the actual site, and forwarded the e-mail to Blizzard.
Lhuurssa Wrote:As a heads-up, I received an e-mail on the account that's used for my WoW account. It said a character faction transfer request had been approved. Normally, the phishing e-mails are sent to my Yahoo! account, so I let my guard down. I clicked on the link, and it wound up at a site with "character verification," or something similar, as the website addy. I tried to enter my login info, and it said the info was wrong. I hadn't told NoScript to allow the site yet, so I'm fairly certain no damage has been done. It took me until the 2nd try to realize it wasn't asking me for an authenticator code; I'm very thankful now I spent the money to get one. To be safe, I went and changed my password on the actual site, and forwarded the e-mail to Blizzard.

Anything from Blizzard will say "battle.net" in the address. Don't trust anything else otherwise.

It's best just to type battle.net into your browser rather than click a link. If your character transfer had gone through, you could see it there. Or in game as well.
[Image: AWOeJWn.png]