WoW Web Stats
TK Oct. 3: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://wowwebstats.com/gaoqozbk2bnes">http://wowwebstats.com/gaoqozbk2bnes</a><!-- m -->
Have Mana Tide, Will Travel
Interesting to see how much useful healing my sword enchantment does, although I'd love to know how I did 4 decurses.

If anyone is interested in a breakdown of their individual damage, PM me and I can send you data from the recount DPS meter. It may also be useful to compare with what someone of your same class was doing.
Kosath Whitehorn
"The Tribe is my weapon.  I am their shield."
My comments have created conflict, thus I have taken them off in order to prevent anything further.
I got different results from Recount than are displayed on the web stats. I also noticed the individual data from the last boss fight is missing.
Etsuko - Monk
Razzlixx Blingwell - Warlock
Cloudjumper Wildmane - Druid (Inactive)
Eruadan Wrote:Bottom of the healers list....oh well. I cant compete with CoH.

You're exactly right. CoH and shammy's chain heal always rock the heal meters in TK. It is hard to see where you stand in TK because some of the fights have the healers broken up into different groups, like Void Reaver, and Phase 1 of A'lar and to a lesser extent, Kael'thas. You may also be assigned to doing something else in addition to healing which would cause you to be lower on the meter...or maybe you were dead a lot :lol:

I really don't even look at the heal meter much anymore. I certainly don't have it open on my screen all the time. I'll open it and glance at it once in a while and maybe take a longer look after the raid. It is a great tool for you to use, but it is not the be all end all as long as you are confident you are doing everything in your power to make sure your job gets done the best you possibly can. Slamming pots if you need to, staying alive with healthstones, stamina food or healing/mana regen food, whichever the fight may call for. Flasks, elixirs, weapon oils are a yes.

So, don't stress over the heal meter too much Eruadan. Smile
Don't mess with the trees!

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."

~Bill Cosby
Sad I don't know why but my DPS seemed lack luster last night.
Yay, even with my interwebs giving up the ghost as a sign to go to bed I managed a good spot.

We all have off nights, bb.

But, Huzzah!
My comments have created conflict, thus I have taken them off in order to prevent anything further.
The stats don't include our last two attempts on Alar, as I had switched over to Sbin by then.

Also, I thought our DPS and healing was pretty good last night overall. I would expect melee dps to lead the way on Void Reaver, given the nature of the fight. I would also expect people in T5/T6 to top the charts over people in T4/T5, no surprises there.

Next week we will work on Alar first.

-Jaba
Have Mana Tide, Will Travel
I love that thing.

Very useful. I noticed I went from third most damaged person, to sixth when we won against Void Reaver. And I do hope I am where I should be for a dps warrior. I've been managing top 10 in most of my t4/5 stuff.
[Image: AWOeJWn.png]
Kosath Wrote:Interesting to see how much useful healing my sword enchantment does, although I'd love to know how I did 4 decurses.
Damn Kosath, stop overhealing so much! My guess on the decurses is shield slam dispelling a magic effect.

Eruadan Wrote:Bottom of the healers list....oh well. I cant compete with CoH.
Generally its most useful to look at each boss fight and kill, individually, and ignore the trash on meters. So if you look at the VR kill, that will give the most representative information about how good a job you are doing, compared to others, when it matters. If you're bottom of the meters there, too, then its time to wonder about what to change, since VR is a pretty straightforward healing fight. If CoH is really that amazing, its no use to throw your hands up and say you can't compete, you have to adapt. But I do think a disc priest should be able to compete with other ranged healers on VR.

From the stats, I'm guessing Saerrina, Dazie, and Oryx were all assigned to stand in melee and heal. Those three should be at the top of the meters. All the other healers should have similar roles, standing in the ranged groups and healing. Nadilynn also had CoH, but the majority of healing came from Renew, and performed closely to Mahiah (which is an admirable achievement). That's a very different pattern from you and worth investigating if you want to do better, without respecing.

Also, the majority of your heals were gobbled up by the main tanks (44%), which seems unusual considering 87% of your healing comes from flash heal. Usually you want to use greater heal and renew on a tank, rather than spam flash heal. That will definitely increase your effective healing. The rest of your heals seemed to focus on melee, who in this fight are taking large amounts of predictable, periodic damage. That is the domain of renew and prayer of mending. I use flash heal, plenty, but only when someone needs to be healed -now-. Usually, even if you're going to overheal, greater heal is more efficient for the amount of effective healing you get.

This is the sort of analysis that makes WWS such a beautiful thing. You can break down everything by fight, by person, by ability, and really parse out exactly what you can do better. And if you had Recount, you could do the same between every attempt, for yourself.

Melikar Wrote:And I do hope I am where I should be for a dps warrior. I've been managing top 10 in most of my t4/5 stuff.
VR is a very melee-oriented fight. They should always top the meters here, and you look like you pulled your weight. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about DPS warriors to give a detailed breakdown like I could with Eru, but I'm sure the other warriors could (and should!).
Hmm, well Melikar, I can see a few changes that you could make.

First, your socketing. since you are a dps warrior/pvp warrior never socket for stamina or resilience. Always go for strength/crit. For blue sockets, if you want the socket bonus (if it is worth it) go with a purple gem that has str/stam. You could also clean up your spec a little bit. Blood craze is pretty much crap. 2% health over 6 seconds... if you have 10000 health, thats 200 health over 6 seconds those 2 talent points are returning if you take a critical hit. Not worth it. Throw those two into commanding presence. You could use a little more hit rating, but that will come with some gear (for the bosses). No need to socket for that. Other than that, just be sure you are using Slam /right/ after you hit with your normal swing, and if you have rage left over use MS or Whirlwind until your next normal swing. (my second post has swingtimer info fun timez)
"Passion and shame torment him, and rage is mingled with his grief."

~Virgil~
[Image: playerfeed_1902018_bigsig.gif]
Flash heal is extremely inefficient however. The only good thing about it is how quick it heals. If you are on just one target, start casting Greater heal, and interupt it if it's not needed right then, and keep renew (my best friend) up all the time. If the damage is coming slow and greater heals aren't necessary, use regular heal. no need to waste that mana on flash heal. I may be incorrect however. I'm not the expert on priests. That is just what I do in my experience.
"Passion and shame torment him, and rage is mingled with his grief."

~Virgil~
[Image: playerfeed_1902018_bigsig.gif]
Eruadan Wrote:My experience in raids tells me that when the tanks health goes down everyone seems to focus on him so a Greater Heal is not normally necessary.
What you're saying is: "the tank is going to get healed, anyway." If that's the case, then you should be healing someone else, or precasting. Your flash heal isn't going to do anything useful, healing a main tank from 90% to 100%. At best, its going to frustrate the healers who are healing the tanks correctly using HoT's like Renew, Rejuvenation, Regrwoth, who have now been pushed into overhealing because someone decided to cut them off with a fast, unnecessary heal. That wastes your mana and theirs.

Had you started to cast a greater heal, instead of a flash heal, one of two things would happen: (1) the tank would take damage between the time you started casting, and ended, and you would allow the spell to complete and it would be far more useful than a flash heal, or (2) the tank would not take damage, while the HoT's and AoE healing from other casters automatically healed him up to full. In the latter case, your flash heal would have been useless, even if the meters didn't tell you so, and you would have canceled your greater heal and started casting another one, waiting for the tank to take damage.

Eruadan Wrote:Even during trash a CoH or "Noodle" Heal is enough to cover it so I flash heal whomever I can.
Trash is meaningless, and luckily, you can remove it entirely from the WWS parse. The 87% flash heal percentage was on the one kill of Void Reaver, not including any trash. Don't stare at your overhealing, stare at what spells you're using and who you're using them on. (Flash heal, on main tanks, during boss fights) Then go back and read the critical suggestions about how you could be using them better.

Eruadan Wrote:Though in that fight I only had two targets to heal in my group and they were extremely efficient at avoiding damage. Most of that healing is spot healing on the melee group.
That's very good luck. But like I said, in VR, the melee takes consistent, predictable, and large amounts of damage. If you're spending your time healing them, you can do a lot better with renew, greater heal, and prayer of mending.

Eruadan Wrote:Its why I am not worried about it in the least.
That's unfortunate, because worrying about it "in the least" might actually help you improve. Not worrying does a disservice to everyone else who tries to prepare for a battle before going into it.