WoW Minis
So...

Most of you know that I'm a huge wargaming goober, enough so that I actually worked at the Games Workshop HQ (the folks behind Warhammer and Warhammer 40K) in Maryland for a few years (go dig out a copy of White Dwarf published in 2002-2003, you can see my sassy-looking picture in the back!).

Needless to say I am very excited about this game. Anyone else thinking of checking it out?
[Image: 2426811FELbm.png]
I am intrigued... But not overly excited. I was always more of a 40K player and, having been such, probably still owe money over my armies.
Righteous are those who look up and sway with the wind,
Who look down and dance with the shifting of the soil,
Who swim with the movement of the tides!
I've never played but I like wargames in general. I'm absolutely fascinated by miniatures and scale models as well. Some of the dioramas that people make are mind blowing. I'll probably pick up a few pieces when they're released just to look at them. Wink
I will definately be giving it a look see once it comes out. I am also a huge mini-games fan and have played most of the popular systems at one point or another. Does anyone know if this is going to be a single character type game or a large unit battles?
Etsuko - Monk
Razzlixx Blingwell - Warlock
Cloudjumper Wildmane - Druid (Inactive)
Right now all the info points toward individuals-based system skirmish rules, a la Lord of the Rings or any of the Clix system (as opposed to squad-based content, like Warhammer 40k). The game is supposedly going to have two different modes of play: one is a competitive version where players build a force of Horde, Alliance, or Monsters to defeat other player's force. The other is a team-based game simulating raids through random encounter generation. The first Raid expansion pack being released is Onyxia's Lair, and it does sound intriguing. I like the idea of multiple players teaming up against a randomized dungeon; we haven't really seen anything like that since Warhammer Quest.
[Image: 2426811FELbm.png]
Ooo Warhammer quest was great stuff! Also Rackham produces a similar game called Cadwallon which represents single mini characters going through random dungeons. Should be interesting to see how it developes.
Etsuko - Monk
Razzlixx Blingwell - Warlock
Cloudjumper Wildmane - Druid (Inactive)