WoW Annoyances
I decided to start making a list of all the things that annoy us in WoW. Why? Because it's a good idea to share these things and to know...just what gets on your nerves?

Here is my list. I'm sure this will be updated over time...

1. Mount Humping - It's always very exciting to get a mount for your first character. It's even exciting on your alts. Mostly seen by people who've just hit 40, er, 30, this is something I deem quite stupid. If you're going to summon your mount to run a good distance, by all means, use it. That's what it's for. But if you're going to summon your mount just to move forward two inches and dismount...don't even bother. You can probably walk the same distance in the time it takes to get on your mount and move.

2. Loot Stealing - "What? This guy wants me to collect some boxes for a quest? Okay, I can do that." *starts looking for boxes and spots one* "Oh, look, there's a monster and it aggroed on me right by the box I just started looting! Better fight it off." *fights off monster* "Okay, now I just need to-" *someone else comes up to the same box you were just looting and takes it* "..." (I think this one speaks for itself.)

3. I OWN this battleground! - The idiot who always acts like they know what their doing (they actually don't, are using chat speak and are absolutely *convinced* you need a certain node to win AB) and ends up failing horribly in the BG because everyone decided to listen to him/her. By the time the rest of the raid finds out what a dork this person is, you're loosing horribly. They also never listen to anyone else's ideas about winning and constantly run off on their own to try and cap something. This can often be applied to more than one person in the same BG.

4. Abandon Bunker! - This applies to AV matches. The person who assaults a bunker and doesn't stay to defend it. I cannot TELL you how much this annoys me. And then everyone gets pissed when Ally come back and re-take their bunker and wonder why the only thing defending it was a warrior.

5. tank plz!? - Just because I am a warrior, does not mean I am a tank. SO STOP ASKING ME! Thank you. If I want to tank, I will offer. Don't assume that just because I'm there we suddenly have a tank. (Had this happen on more than one occasion, where we had a healer and three dps and then the group leader gets all mad when he/she finds out I'm dps as well and not a tank at the last minute because they didn't *ask*.)

Your turn! Big Grin
[Image: AWOeJWn.png]
In regards to the tanking thing:

If you join a group as a warrior and have no intention of tanking, it's just best to let the others know right away without waiting for them to ask. Most everyone who sees a warrior in a group, ESPECIALLY if it's 5-man, is going to assume you're tanking.
Nah, what's REALLY annoying is when you tell someone you're shadow, get invited as shadow, and then are informed that you are going to be holy.
Or when you are, as a feral druid with crap healing gear, expected to backup heal effectively. Granted, there have been groups when I've done it... but if the main healer isn't going to be alive for most of the raid, maybe there's a better solution?

That being said... tanks who refuse to try tanking multiple mobs are irksome, as are DPS/CC who expect that the tank can control 5 mobs who are all being attacked by various group members and/or AoEs. In short, aggro management is a team effort!

Also, naga. They're just creepy.
Naga aren't as bad as Murlocs.

And Murlocs aren't as bad as Undead Murlocs.
Melikar Wrote:5. tank plz!? - Just because I am a warrior, does not mean I am a tank. SO STOP ASKING ME! Thank you. If I want to tank, I will offer. Don't assume that just because I'm there we suddenly have a tank. (Had this happen on more than one occasion, where we had a healer and three dps and then the group leader gets all mad when he/she finds out I'm dps as well and not a tank at the last minute because they didn't *ask*.)
This will be changing (finally...again) with WotLK. Fury warriors will once more be able to tank successfully and in really cool ways (leap).
"Passion and shame torment him, and rage is mingled with his grief."

~Virgil~
[Image: playerfeed_1902018_bigsig.gif]
I have two words which describe what annoys me the most in WoW.

Graveyard Camping

It's teh suck and I refuse to do it or be party to it.
Efluvious Wrote:This will be changing (finally...again) with WotLK. Fury warriors will once more be able to tank successfully and in really cool ways (leap).
ehhh, being able to tank and wanting to tank are two different things. Skill is also a HUGE deciding factor here. I mean I healed as full shadow my whole way up, but apprently a lot of priests have trouble doing it. Whether they really just have no healign skill or convinced "SGADOWDPSSSS!!!" into their head a *little* too far I can't say. But I am looking forward to going back to a bit of low level loving of "Shut up, spec doesn't matter in RFC".
I think the thing that bothers me the most, besides the loot theft!, is when Alliance intentionally kill an NPC that you need to interact with.

Had a Gnome mage, about 5 levels above me, actually follow me around the other day ( was playing an alt), "helping" kill things that I could handle on my own. Then when I got to the guy I needed to save, he went and killed him while I was busy fighting off the last monster.

Really, why would they think this is fun?
Quote:ehhh, being able to tank and wanting to tank are two different things. Skill is also a HUGE deciding factor here. I mean I healed as full shadow my whole way up, but apprently a lot of priests have trouble doing it. Whether they really just have no healign skill or convinced "SGADOWDPSSSS!!!" into their head a *little* too far I can't say. But I am looking forward to going back to a bit of low level loving of "Shut up, spec doesn't matter in RFC".

Heh, that's a big pet peeve of mine. I understand that spec matters a lot in marginal situations, but dammit, spec isn't everything. Nor is gear. Player skill has a tremendous effect on how someone is going to do, and I'd rather have Amato tank naked in cat form than stand in front in an instance as Tor.

Then again, maybe I'm just contrary.
Well, warriors have gone through some ups and downs as far as this topic is concerned. In Classic WoW, tanking as fury worked just fine even in most raiding. Umu was a good example of this. When the talents for BC came out, this changed drastically, along with the threat generation not scaling for many warrior abilities.

With the current changes, those of us who enjoy playing multiple roles with a unique play style (be it arms, fury, or prot) will be able to once again without having to spend 50g every time to switch rolls. For a good 6-9 months after BC came out I was having to respec twice or more a week (100-300g per week just for spec, so somewhere in the 5k gold range on it in that time frame). With the current changes, it won't be necessary to respec prot to tank a 5 man right at 80.

That's not to say I can't now, but that is solely because of gear. This isn't skill like with priests, this is basic abilities finally available to us (a good analogy is: no greater heal if you are shadow and your flash heal does 1/2 healing).

Warriors in BC are extremely specialized. With that stated I can understand why warriors when invited to a group would prefer not to be the assumed tank.

~Virgil~
Melikar Wrote:2. Loot Stealing - "What? This guy wants me to collect some boxes for a quest? Okay, I can do that." *starts looking for boxes and spots one* "Oh, look, there's a monster and it aggroed on me right by the box I just started looting! Better fight it off." *fights off monster* "Okay, now I just need to-" *someone else comes up to the same box you were just looting and takes it* "..." (I think this one speaks for itself.)

I hate this one too.
Melikar Wrote:3. I OWN this battleground! - The idiot who always acts like they know what their doing (they actually don't, are using chat speak and are absolutely *convinced* you need a certain node to win AB) and ends up failing horribly in the BG because everyone decided to listen to him/her. By the time the rest of the raid finds out what a dork this person is, you're loosing horribly. They also never listen to anyone else's ideas about winning and constantly run off on their own to try and cap something. This can often be applied to more than one person in the same BG.

This is very annoying when almost everyone else in the battleground is this person. ie,. WSG "We don't need any D they can't cap if we have their flag." *runs off and caps their flag while our flag gets caped because I'm the only one willing to defend* *our fc dies they cap. wash rinse and repeat.*

Melikar Wrote:4. Abandon Bunker! - This applies to AV matches. The person who assaults a bunker and doesn't stay to defend it. I cannot TELL you how much this annoys me. And then everyone gets pissed when Ally come back and re-take their bunker and wonder why the only thing defending it was a warrior.
This is a bit annoying but sometimes it is usefull in pushing forward as I have done this on their bases bunkers in order to pull some of their O back so we could move forward just running between the two bunkers up there caping is benificial either way if they don't cap back we get closer to wining if they do we end up pushing forward faster it sometimes makes a very nice distraction.

Melikar Wrote:5. tank plz!? - Just because I am a warrior, does not mean I am a tank. SO STOP ASKING ME! Thank you. If I want to tank, I will offer. Don't assume that just because I'm there we suddenly have a tank. (Had this happen on more than one occasion, where we had a healer and three dps and then the group leader gets all mad when he/she finds out I'm dps as well and not a tank at the last minute because they didn't *ask*.)

Try being the full prot spec that they exspect to uber DPS >.>.

Ok now for mine....

1. Corpse Camping! I hate it when I'm leveling a alt and some jerk ally comes up and starts killing me any time I rez for the next 5 minutes just cause I buffed/healed somebody wandering around flaged, Death for being nice huh?

2. Alliance Locks. Ever run into one of those alliance locks that decide to "help you" by fearing your mob that you almost have dead to run around and agro 5 mobs that it drags back to you as the lock runs away?

3. Epic flyer costs. This one mostly annoys me because even though I have had a level 70 since about what a month or two after TBC came out I haven't gotten a single epic flyer....though this is mostly cause I suck at playing the AH and I can't grind dailys without someone to talk to I get bored....

4. PvP Hunters! .......That is all Tongue
I also apologize for totally hijacking the thread :nono:

My pet peeves:

1) Asking for gold.

2) RP griefing.

3) RP cybering.

4) RP Godmoding or assumed action RP: when someone dictates how their action turns out. For instance, *Efluvious throws his weapon, killing Krell's pet and lopping off his ear*. This leaves no option for Krell to play his character, and usually just makes others get upset, or start to do it themselves.

5) People going afk without notice, or going afk for more than 3 minutes in a 5 man.

6) Elyana (just kidding)

~Virgil~
Ok, thought of one more. It goes with loot theft, but is almost more annoying. I see it most on the Isle of Quel' Danas but have had it happen elsewhere lately.

Is there really such a need for ore that people must come and mine the same node you've already tapped, even though you are clearly already mining it? I actually just had two! others come and mine on top of me! <Grrr>
Efluvious Wrote:3) RP cybering.

What the hell is wrong with THAT? Maybe you just don't do it well enough.

Efluvious Wrote:6) Elyana (just kidding)

You know, I responded to this post before reading that.