Winter Festival...
Among the Dreamspeakers and the Tauren people we have many festivals and traditions. One such that holds special significance for us translates into orcish as 'Winter Festival'. It is a time for bonds to be forged, marriages made and deeds recounted. It is a time to come together as a people in preparation for the long nights to come. This festival is marked by feasting, games, storytelling and contests of skill.

Many of the elders of the Tauren feel this festival should be limited to our people, but since becoming a part of the horde we feel that all races should be welcome to attend. So it is that we have decided to host our own Winter Festival. One for the people of the Ironsong Tribe.

((To celebrate our joining the Ironsong we'd like to host a fun RP event one evening in the coming week or so. This event will be open to everybody, and we are planning several fun parts:

Storytelling contest- People will have an opportunity to tell stories if they wish, and the winners will receive prizes (mostly coin). If you wish to enter this contest let me know. We ask that, if possible, you macro your story so as to save time when telling it.

Marriages- There will be at least one marriage ceremony held. It is a bit unorthodox as you'll see at the ceremony! If you have characters that wish to be married we'd be happy to perform the ceremony at this event as well.

Contests of Skill- There will be several contests of skill including duels. These duels were traditionally used to impress possible mates, and are generally good natured. Prizes will be awarded.

Feasting- No festival would be complete without food! Malila has graciously agreed to help prepare various food and drinks, but I am sure she'd welcome help from any of the tribes fine cooks.

Basically we'd like this event to serve as a way for everyone in the tribe to get to know each other a bit better, and to show the server that RP is alive and well! We have yet to select a location, but are considering several in the Tauren lands. If you are interested in helping or have any suggestions please post here or send me a tell in game =) ))
Ye may sign me up for a song or story. I shall be glad to entertain any who come.

signed,

Lady Dispaya

Mage
.....Alchemist
..........Poet
...............Singer
....................Songmaker
.........................Bard
and writer of unusual verse
Sing True Ironsong!
I'll start putting together some explosi.., er, I mean fireworks. Smile
Etsuko - Monk