Windows Issue
Antivirus software autodetected an unknown virus. Move a bunch of my system files around automatically. Now, I can't get them restored. System runs, just not everything. I am trying to avoid system reinstall. What do you think system repair, system restore?

jaba
Have Mana Tide, Will Travel
jabadue Wrote:Antivirus software autodetected an unknown virus. Move a bunch of my system files around automatically. Now, I can't get them restored. System runs, just not everything. I am trying to avoid system reinstall. What do you think system repair, system restore?

jaba
sudo apt-get wine
Beat it with a stick (Mahiah's, not mine! :mrgreenSmile and feed it peanut butter.

Signed,
Sound, the ever so helpful.
I'v had bad luck with System restores. but some ppl swear by em. It's the least evasive way to try to handel it. but you need to make sure to look for that same viruse afer you restore. Make sure to start up in safe mode and run yoru scans. Repairs are basily teh same story. It reinstalls the System files for Windows So it will fix your Files that got moved everywhere. And you would have to still get rid of the Virus. Soo Try restore if it fails go for a repair.