Whoa..
This was added to the PTR patch notes with the latest model:

"Karazhan
* Players will no longer need the Master’s Key to enter Karazhan. The gates to Karazhan will still require the Master’s Key to be unlocked."

O.o

About time.. maybe.. possibly?
Blegh. Personally, I'm not fond of the change. The attunement process was a very basic "You must have done at least a few instances to get in here" check. I think removing it is going to lead to a lot of "Ok, hit 70, time for Kara". Imo, folks should have done a chunk of instances before stepping up to raiding Karazhan, in order to gear up a bit, and more importantly to learn group skills. The time investment was small, but important imo. Kara's not the place to learn to play a class.

On the flip side, it'll save competent folks some time.
[Image: 2270166Iryxy.png]
Dromand (70 Tank/Healing Paladin), Logros (70 Enhancement Shaman), Denul (70 Shadow Priest), Bendon (70 AH-Mule Rogue)
As much as I like the theory behind the idea (Make it easier for people to get to interesting places), I don't entirely agree with the change. Leaving aside what Logros has already said, there's also the basic economics of items. Two things Karazhan is know for are badges and a few T4 token drops near the end. Granted, it is not easy to get any of these things. But the equivalents in the rest of the world (Heroics for badges and Gruul/Magtheridon) either require keys to enter at all or require larger-scale raiding groups with a high level of coordination and gear.

But hey. Easier to get places. Yay. Now just give me a month to stop feeling like an idiot for having -just- gotten my Kara key.
Righteous are those who look up and sway with the wind,
Who look down and dance with the shifting of the soil,
Who swim with the movement of the tides!
Take a month. Take two. 2.4 isn't exactly around the corner. Smile
This is pretty typical of a lot of MMORPG's, it would seem. Once a dungeon/zone/expansion has been out for a while, the companies always seem to drop the requirements to get in. My guess is this figure all the hardcore people have already gotten what they want from those places and now the general population can have at it. <shrugs> I'm indifferent to it.
Logros Wrote:Blegh. Personally, I'm not fond of the change. The attunement process was a very basic "You must have done at least a few instances to get in here" check. I think removing it is going to lead to a lot of "Ok, hit 70, time for Kara". Imo, folks should have done a chunk of instances before stepping up to raiding Karazhan, in order to gear up a bit, and more importantly to learn group skills. The time investment was small, but important imo. Kara's not the place to learn to play a class.

On the flip side, it'll save competent folks some time.
I understand what you're saying, but on Waka, it was, "Ok, hit 60, time for MC." So while I'm inclined to agree with you (MC is more forgiving, blah blah rehash old forum posts blah spew), I do see the benefits to removing attunements.
I...am...somewhat affected by this. I went to great lengths to gain entrance into Karazhan...at least give me a title or something because I did it.

However I do understand Karazhan has been raided constantly..and with the new instances coming out...Karazhan will be empty.

It will balance out in the end. Just dont put a lever on the inside of the gate...thats all I ask for.
Eruadan Wrote:However I do understand Karazhan has been raided constantly..and with the new instances coming out...Karazhan will be empty.

22 badges. Kara will be more populated with 2.4 upcoming, not less Wink
Dromand (70 Tank/Healing Paladin), Logros (70 Enhancement Shaman), Denul (70 Shadow Priest), Bendon (70 AH-Mule Rogue)
Logros Wrote:
Eruadan Wrote:However I do understand Karazhan has been raided constantly..and with the new instances coming out...Karazhan will be empty.

22 badges. Kara will be more populated with 2.4 upcoming, not less Wink

Yeah I didnt think of that...your probably right, I dont know where the new instances are gonna sit difficulty wise though and if they pump out badges too.
It's just one new 5-man, and from the sounds of it, a bit more difficult than previous ones, but not by a lot.
Ah...that makes sense...no badges in 5 man.
Eruadan Wrote:Ah...that makes sense...no badges in 5 man.
no badges in non-heroic 5man heroics will always drop em, I'd venture to say Wink
Oh it'll drop badges on heroic, about four-five if I recall right. 25-mans will also be dropping badges as well, but even then Kara's 22 badges will trump either.
What is the best thing in life?
Crush enemy, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
25-man bosses will drop a piddly 2 badges each Sad

And yeah, a quick full clear of Kara is 4 hours, plus a bunch of loot. Very efficient method of getting badges.

I'm still not fond of clearing Kara in order to get Black Temple quality loot, but ah well.
Logros Wrote:I'm still not fond of clearing Kara in order to get Black Temple quality loot, but ah well.
But even at 22 badges a week (assuming you do a full clear every week) it'd still take, say, Jivundus, about six months to get his wish list.
Obviously it'd be much less if you did the Heroic Daily every day. (22+5/day=~60 badges/week) That'd still be two and a half months.