Wednesday Molten Core
Our progress in Molten Core lately has been very impressive, and we have gotten a lot of questions about adding a second day in order to push deeper. I believe that with our friday night run picking up speed each week, we could clear through Shazzrah (right after Baron Geddon) in a night. However anything beyond that really requires a second day.

The issue with that was attendance. Friday night has always been our best time for fielding the most people. We have tried varying times on both saturday and sunday, but lets face it, we all have lives outside the game that have us busy at least one of those two days. Weekdays are often equally troublesome because of time limitations for many of us.

However, I think we have stumbled upon an answer.

Starting Wednesday, June 14th, we will be attempting to kill Lucifron and Magmadar on wednesdays at 5:30 PM server time.

The merits to this plan:

- This will allow us to keep our night of greatest attendance where it needs to be, on the deeper content.

- It will save us roughly 2 hours on fridays, allowing an eventual push through Golemagg, thus completing the first 8 bosses and allowing all tier 1 drops.

- We do not need a full 40 to kill Lucifron and Magmadar. We do need a good class balance, but we have killed them with 27, and I believe we can assemble ~30 people on a wednesday.

- We will have no core hounds to deal with on friday nights. This removes a couple risky pulls and a large number of pathers, thus speeding things up even more.

- It will be short. This may be the biggest bonus for some of us for a weeknight raid. We should be able to clear them in 2 hours or less, depending on how many people show up.

- And last but not least, no more binding in Kargath and then forgetting to re-set your hearthstone after. :wink:

I hope to see as many as many of you as can be there.
Kosath Whitehorn
"The Tribe is my weapon.  I am their shield."
This is an excellent plan Blademaster. We had good attendance for AQ on Wednesdays and this will likely become a popular event. My compliments to you and all Officers who came up with this idea. Not only will it do all that you have advised but will give us something new to look foreward to on Friday night Raids. Now if only you can find a way to not become the bomb 5 times in a row... *smiles*

Signed,
The first Bomb in Ironsong History

-=((D))=-
Sing True Ironsong!
One of me will come!
So if I am to be denied the pleasure of feeding the Tribe to Silthids, my consolation will be feeding them to Core Hounds. I suppose this will do.

I support this event and/or product.

<Efluvia's Stamp of Approval>
Bueno!

We will still be awarding 10 weighted roll points for attendance to raiders who do not recieve qualifying loot on the Wednesday night raid, as well as 10 weighted roll points for attendance to raiders who do not recieve qualifying loot on the the Friday night raid of Molten Core.

See You in the Core!
Vote Akora for MA!
(gawks at Merrina) yea! What she said!
Don't mess with the trees!

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."

~Bill Cosby
I'm all for this!
As an update, those that attend the Wednesday night raid and do not receive qualifying loot will get a value of <b>5</b> added to their roll.

Please keep an eye out for any further updates concerning this.
I see. Very interesting Kret.

Thanks for the update! Smile
[Image: 85443.png][Image: 85444.png]
Does that mean I'm rolling a 96-100 now? >.<
This Wednesday we will be adding Gehennas to the Wednesday raid. Please bind in Kargath for this week's raid.

Also, further Wednesday raids will get a full weight of 10 to the rolls as we will be doing 3 or more bosses from here on out.

Finally, Tribe members present at invite start time who are waitlisted will gain a weight of 5 points in compensation, still to a maximum of 91-100.
"She is a soothsayer. She’s a mystic. She is a witch doctor, able to see into people’s hearts and minds. She’s also touched by the elements." -Naomie Harris
Very good,

Before this, I was considering not bothering with wednesday. The rewards for a Friday greatly ouweighed those on a Wednesday raid. As a warrior I am probably only going to get into one raid a week. So it didn't make sense to go on Wednesday, when I wouldn't get to experience Majordomo, and to top it off, only get 5 points. It still doesn't make the two nights even, but maybe I will still go on Wednesday.
In time as we get faster it is very likely/possible that Garr and eventually more could be added to the Wednesday line up. Fighting Domo and then Ragnaros are going to take chunks of setup and prep time followed by attempts and recoveries, and we will have to make that time by working on Wednesday to clear what we can.

No rush to that point as things are going well, but the 5 pts for Wednesday and only 2 bosses was only intended as a start-up to gauge interest. Remember that before our first Wednesday run we'd never started the raid with 40, though we sometimes filled as we fought.

Thanks for the positive note!
Tae
"She is a soothsayer. She’s a mystic. She is a witch doctor, able to see into people’s hearts and minds. She’s also touched by the elements." -Naomie Harris
(Bump to be above the wall-o-summaries)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Molten Core in a different light. Sound 3 2,376 12-27-2007, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Jivundus
  Speeding up Molten Core akora 1 2,303 08-24-2006, 01:09 PM
Last Post: akora
  Treasures of the Molten Core - (Loot Listing) Eveline 2 3,775 08-03-2006, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Kretol
  Molten Core Utsusemi 3 2,675 02-11-2006, 03:22 AM
Last Post: Waltimus
  Wednesday Molten Core 0 634 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: