Warrior Tournament
Greetings my friends. I have decided to hold a tournament for the warriors of the Tribe. This tournament will not involve your skill at bearing arms, but your skill at staying alive. I feel this fits the nature of the prize, and my own nature as well.

The details are as follows:

When: Tuesday, March 21st, at 6PM game time

Where: The sparring ring at Ravenholdt Manor in Hillsbrad

Prize: The Warlords Deck, which results in the Heroism card from the Darkmoon Faire http://www.thottbot.com/?i=40883

Umu has agreed to deliver a beating to each warrior (and oddly took very little convincing). I will be officiating.

Each warrior will have two chances to prove themselves, and may wear whatever equipment they choose. The warrior who survives the longest shall be declared the winner.

There will be some restrictions, in an attempt to reduce the effect of race and talent spec in as much as we can.

Umu:

- Must remain in front of you and cannot move
- May not execute
- May not use performance enhancing drugs (potions, etc.)
- May not stun you
- May not use Recklessness

Contestants:

- Must remain stationary (no running)
- May not attempt to kill Umu (certain abilities may activate auto-attack, which is fine)
- May not use Intimidating shout
- May not use consumables (potions, scrolls, etc)
- May not use last stand
- May not use stuns (concussion blow, improved revenge, warstomp)
- May not use shield wall

Good luck my friends, and I hope to see you all there.
Kosath Whitehorn
"The Tribe is my weapon.  I am their shield."
Two things you forgot, but I don't know how you'd get rid of them. Taurens get 5% more health, which is often around 250 (equal to 25 stamina, I think.) Also, improved shield block (edited from wall, whoops) will have an effect.

Thanks for organizing this event!
Jabulji Wrote:Two things you forgot, but I don't know how you'd get rid of them. Taurens get 5% more health, which is often around 250 (equal to 25 stamina, I think.) Also, improved shield wall will have an effect.

Thanks for organizing this event!

Actually Jabulji, I didnt forget those things, there's simply nothing that can be done about them. As I said, I've tried to exclude the abilities that can be, but certain talents like toughness or anticipation simply can't be avoided. And I am not going to tell anyone to not use shield block in a tanking competition.

The other talent trees have abilities that may have an equal effect, such as blood craze or deflection. In the end, it will hopefully have minimal impact. But this whole thing is just for fun, and there is a measure of skill in what abilities you choose to use as well.
Kosath Whitehorn
"The Tribe is my weapon.  I am their shield."
I will be there. This sounds great!

Brannora
*starts cracking his knuckles*
aaarrrggghhhh! I just found out a friend is coming into town tonight! I have no idea when or what we're going to do when he does get here ((he plays WoW, too))....I guess if I'm there on time, I'll be there.
Otherwise, you guys have fun.

~brannora
<grumble> Why can't I get in? It's 7:58, March 21, and I can't connect. I hope I don't miss the tournement.
Guess you all will have to do this without me, I can't log on either.
Blizz says there are problems with authentication, so I don't foresee being able to log in before midnight. See you all later.

~brannora
*Authenticating.... Handsh-UNABLETOCONNECT*

This is really too bad. <sigh>
This was a really great event. Perhaps we can have a few more focusing on other classes?
Although I missed the bulk of the event, I thoroughly enjoyed what I was able to make and believe this is a great idea! I certainly hope we do more.

My thanks to Umu, Kernhoof, Krell, and Khrale for letting me take a crack at dueling them.
(( I so very much wanted to come watch last night, but the login server was down - I gave it a good 15 - 20 minute try and continuously got the "Unable to connect" error...so, I just left it at that and went to do some house things before I collapsed.

<mutters> I very much watned to see the tourney and was very much looking forward to it.

I'm glad a good time was had by everyone, though. -poZema))
Who won?
What were the details?
Vote Akora for MA!
Zarraema Wrote:(( I so very much wanted to come watch last night, but the login server was down - I gave it a good 15 - 20 minute try and continuously got the "Unable to connect" error...so, I just left it at that and went to do some house things before I collapsed.

<mutters> I very much watned to see the tourney and was very much looking forward to it.

I'm glad a good time was had by everyone, though. -poZema))

Me too. I -really- wanted to compete. Oh well. Thanks again, Kosath!

Who won, and who competed?