Warning: Emails contain a hack
Emails have been sent out from a site claiming to be a "character transfer" verification. The email is from a user called "WoWaAccountadmin" or something of that nature.

Do not click the link. So far, Lhuurssa and myself have been targeted. Stay safe, don't go to sites you don't know and get an authenticator!

Just posting this here to let others know.
[Image: AWOeJWn.png]
There's a very simple rule I live by - don't trust ANYTHING that comes in an email regarding any online game account.

If it doesn't automatically get marked as spam by my GMail (it's very adept at that, by the way), and it has links, I look very closely at the URLs. Those are dead giveaways, and learning to scrutinize the URL before following it will immensely help your security.
Have gotten one of those and another one saying my email has been changed.
Somehow i am getting these on an email i havent used for WoW ever.
They where actually pretty good too , only found one spelling error and a sentence that just didnt sound right.
Saltin (mage 375tailor ,375 enchanter)
Lucrenda (Rogue 375miner ,352 smith)
Asaram (Hunter 375skinner 351 leatherworker)
Pahakan (Warrior 350herbs 375alchemy )
Mantiki (Shaman 355miner 363engineer)
Hoti (Warlock 190Miner 350 jeweler)
Have Alt Will Travel
Saltin Wrote:Have gotten one of those and another one saying my email has been changed.
Somehow i am getting these on an email i havent used for WoW ever.
They where actually pretty good too , only found one spelling error and a sentence that just didn't sound right.

Yeah, don't trust them.

Somehow they're getting that info, and kinda scares me as to how.
[Image: AWOeJWn.png]
Kretol is selling our email addresses!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Account Hack 6 3,549 07-20-2009, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Guest