Warlock's Sacrifical Altar
We've had threads here and there about ourselves, but we don't have our own Spot, ya know? So, here we go! Post talent specs, discuss, go wild! For Warlocks only, you'll become the sacrifice if you displease us!
What is the best thing in life?
Crush enemy, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
Cause it was asked, here's Tet's current spec. Used to be a SM/Ruin, but been useing this for awhile and loved it.
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/clas...5122000100
Crush enemy, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
I've heard lots of good stuff about MD/Ruin. Bloodfeaster is MD/Ruin as well, and if I ever get my 'lock up in levels that's probably what she'll be, too.
"You can never run from trouble, 'cause there ain't no place that far." - Scissor Sisters, "Lights"
Thanks for the spec info, Tetsu. I'm still toying with respecing myself but currently, this is my spec.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/clas...5112002100

It's working okay for me now but I think there can be some tweaking to make it better.
Hm, interearing mix you've got Kern. I've already talked to you about the Imp. CoA I think. In the Affliction tree, I'd suggest you pick up Imp. Lifetap and Nightfall. Imp. Lifetap is one of the things I miss -Most- about my current MD/Ruin build, I personally wouldn't go without it if I had points in Affliction for it. Also talked to you about Nightfall.
So, um yeah. The new talents comeing with the patch have me torn all over.. I simply cannot decide if I'll spec for the Felguard or not. Its so shiny.. But, you must give up so much for it..
The Felguard is a very nice pet, not doubt about it. It kicks major tushie but in the grand scope of things, I don't want to give up (like you) a lot of other talents to get it.
It seems that as Warlocks, we are somewhat lacking when it comes to discussion of the class. Why is this? Because there is one simple equasion here. Spellpower + Crit = Happy Damo. My spec is pretty much raid friendly and lousy for pvp because it relies on a slow cast demolishing spell like shadowbolt. I'd like to see how I fair against affliction locks for pve damage these days since I know quite a few have specced out in that regaurd in certain raid guilds. Anyone tried heavy dot affliction and found it worth while?
Dunno about DPS, but my little 30something affliction lock never goes OOM and has zero down time.

Apply dots, dump life into health, drain life, rinse and repeat.

I'm not sure how it scales to higher levels, but with my current spec my drain life actually does more damage than my shadowbolt if I'm draining a target with all of my dots up and that drain life damage will increase once I have unstable affliction to add to the mix too. The spec also means I could care less about +INT or +SCRIT, she's all about stamina and spell damage.

That reminds me, I should really get her up in levels- she's fun to play.
I honestly don't know, as I've been demonology spec'd/destruction spec'd since they added in the extra talents oh so long ago. You basically become a shadowpriest as far as gear goes, though the nightfall shadowbolts are nice, but not nearly as powerful as our builds have them, just insta cast. I have heard that the damage output is obscene though, but only in long fights. In any case, Destruction is more raid friendly for a couple of reasons. First, if you break CC, you don't have a dot on it, and if you are a fire lock and you put immolate up, you can burn it off so the CC can be reapplied (because let's face it, sometimes it happens.) Second, netherprotection. /drool. Or on the other hand with the demonology spec, all of the abilities you can get with your demon (reduced threat, extra damage, extra resistance, etc). All very handy in pve things. as for PVP, well, any tree will work in pvp, but you have to go into that tree with all 41 for either all of the dots in affliction, the felguard in demonology, or the shadownova thing in destruction (mostly actually the instacast shadowbolt/incinerate when hit by a physical attack, makes you soooo freaking powerful in pvp, and, having tested out the 30% chance to heal a % of damage caused by a shadowbolt/incinerate, it is really powerful in pvp).

There's my wall of text on the subject.
"Passion and shame torment him, and rage is mingled with his grief."

~Virgil~
[Image: playerfeed_1902018_bigsig.gif]
I am currently working on a warlock. I have decided to spec Affliction/(something) and was wondering what you more established folks think of a primary Affliction build?
Etsuko - Monk
Razzlixx Blingwell - Warlock
Cloudjumper Wildmane - Druid (Inactive)
Tetsumis Wrote:We've had threads here and there about ourselves, but we don't have our own Spot, ya know? So, here we go! Post talent specs, discuss, go wild! For Warlocks only, you'll become the sacrifice if you displease us!

<is used to being the sacrifice> You don't scare me! <runs in and spies...flees!>
Don't mess with the trees!

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."

~Bill Cosby
Mahiah Wrote:
Tetsumis Wrote:We've had threads here and there about ourselves, but we don't have our own Spot, ya know? So, here we go! Post talent specs, discuss, go wild! For Warlocks only, you'll become the sacrifice if you displease us!

<is used to being the sacrifice> You don't scare me! <runs in and spies...flees!>

/target demon chains
/Face Melting™

That is all.
/hearts
Don't mess with the trees!

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."

~Bill Cosby