Vanguard Raiding - Taking a break. (Title Changed)
((My suggestion is to carry on if this doesn't concern you.))

Please don't afraid to be blunt or honest in replys to this, guys.

Vanguard - What has been your thoughts on Karazhan lately? EVERYTHING... Enjoyment, burnout, alts, gear still needed, why you still go. All of it. Good or bad, please please please bring it to the table.

I'm curious how alone or in agreement I am with you lot on how I'm feeling.

I'm a bit.. okay, a LOT emotionally charged at the moment and my post is best if it comes at a later moment when I've allowed myself time to rationally think it over, but please.. Allow me a look in your guy's heads? Be it food for thought or not, I'd like to hear it all.
I'm Still willing to go with either my mage or shammy. It dose get rather repetitive, but I’ve also been having allot of real life issues atm. I'm getting rather spotty on if i can be on at the raid times. All that being said. I love raiding with you guys, I wouldn’t want to change a thing. And you have to admit, you know you need me to die for you a few times. *folds arms ands nods knowingly*

Just like we need sound to go play with the pretty pack of horses at the entrance. *Flee's from the oncoming doom*
Mindial Wrote:Just like we need sound to go play with the pretty pack of horses at the entrance. *Flee's from the oncoming doom*

Pfft, she's all into rickshaws now. Horses are so yesterday.
Don't mess with the trees!

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."

~Bill Cosby
I want it to be over too sound. But I can not stop till zeen gets that blasted hammer!
*looks at the <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.wowwiki.com/Dark_Blessing">http://www.wowwiki.com/Dark_Blessing</a><!-- m --> with eager eyes* It caaaaaaalls us Zeeeeeeeeengo.

Honestly, I'm taking another break this week for sanity purposes.. and here on out I'm most likely done with Kara. They break I took before was too nice to ignore. That may change eventually, even so I'd only be bringing along Vythika. Besides an item here or there, our mains are pretty much geared with all that they can be from that place (hence it now being the alt fest that it is :p) and that's the point I wanted to stay until. Prolonging it further for me is just going to incur more burnout. Yeah, this may very well mean I won't ever get my tier two helm and have the weapon I do with me to the grave, but it's just not worth it for me to keep dedicating hours of my life to a place I know so well it makes me nauseas to come back. This is a game, not a job. :]

And this is NOT writing my name off of any freakin' roster as someone said. I WILL be there for ZA to die horridly next to you lot and to make new, crazed stories of doom. <3<3

Speaking of ZA.. we needs to start discussing it!

And one last thing.. if you guys ever get the [item]Headdress of the High Potentate[/item] to drop in the chess event again, please please poke me. :X *looks down and blushes, dooming herself for passing on it 348976 times*
Patch 2.3 is changing the chess event loot so that you have to have participated in it to be able to loot the chest, FYI.
Burnt out mostly on this.Truthfull its getting boring.

Will probably still go , but if i get bumped for others would not bother me.

The group itself was always fun and memorable moments .
Saltin (mage 375tailor ,375 enchanter)
Lucrenda (Rogue 375miner ,352 smith)
Asaram (Hunter 375skinner 351 leatherworker)
Pahakan (Warrior 350herbs 375alchemy )
Mantiki (Shaman 355miner 363engineer)
Hoti (Warlock 190Miner 350 jeweler)
Have Alt Will Travel
I go out of a sense of obligation because its more or less my raid. But to be honest...and Sound should have known this for some time. I'm into progress..not stagnation..and the more alts that come..the more Kharazan turns into an all day thing I just can't take anymore. Its hard to give up all my free time to a raid, especially when its not fresh..i'll be chipper come Zhul'amon, but I have every intention of slipping out of khara as often as I can.
Lets just take some time off as a group, if others want to band together thats fine, but theres no reason to start hating the game just because you feel obligated to do a raid. Do some heroics instead or something else for now. We can all use a little R&R.

Craig.
Lupus Wrote:Patch 2.3 is changing the chess event loot so that you have to have participated in it to be able to loot the chest, FYI.

That I know. :]

Thanks for your input, Damo.

ZA go!
This kind of bothers me. There were core groups for Karazhan, and it was rather hard to get into a group if you were one of the starters. The problem comes to light, they start to implement a rotation thing you try and get more new people into the groups, and suddenly all the vet raiders are burned out and the groups are breaking up. Talk of the origonal groups wanting to get back together for Zul'aman, and comments on how you'll need to be heavy Kara geared to be able to participate. That's how it's looking to me reading the forums here.
From this thread and those that I've talked to, it's come to my attention that there are a few of you out there who wanted this to keep going and to stay alive. Some of you also aren't too happy that it seems to have now stopped because of this thread.. And I say here and now that I am VERY sorry if I've at all upset you because of what this brought on. It wasn't my intention to have this end up putting us all on break, I just thought we could all use a little discussion and space to air out what's been going on in our heads in regards to Kara. I'm entirely too good at dooming things.. please don't be angry with me. Sad

For those of you still wanting to go for whatever reason and are trying to figure out what the heck to do next, I want to remind you SnG is also on a break as well. And if you want something to truly happy again in Karazhan, find those members SnG (or probably their alts :] ) who still want to go, ask others in guild and make something happen. You have this forum to use as a tool, poke a few in game and between the twenty two-three of us that originally made each team and the rest of Ironsong out here, I see a formation of something new for all of you that could most certainly work. There's no saying Vanguard has left Karazhan permanently (the same goes for SnG I believe) but until whatever happens, take this opportunity to band together with those others still wanting to go and create something new. It could be a lot of fun. :]

((I'm going to be changing the subject title of this post to let others know what's going on, originally it was "A post to Vanguard (the Karazhan raiding team) members" for those that are concerned.))

Edit to address Lupus' comment - With enough time burnout will inevitably happen to anyone in that kind of situation - that can't be held against anyone. I urge you to do the same as I suggested those in Vanguard still wanting to go do. Seek out those who still want to go from either team, spice things up with others in guild wanting to be a part of it and make something happen. I know it's not easy (for it was, we wouldn't of had NEARLY as many of issues as we've had with Karazhan thus far), but take the proactive route here. Look at all of these members who are now free.. see it as a good thing and use it to your advantage!
Lupus Wrote:This kind of bothers me. There were core groups for Karazhan, and it was rather hard to get into a group if you were one of the starters. The problem comes to light, they start to implement a rotation thing you try and get more new people into the groups, and suddenly all the vet raiders are burned out and the groups are breaking up. Talk of the origonal groups wanting to get back together for Zul'aman, and comments on how you'll need to be heavy Kara geared to be able to participate. That's how it's looking to me reading the forums here.

Lupus, if people who want to do Kara that havent gone much show up on tuesday I wouldn't feel bad. The fact is we have brought one new person in who wasn't an alt of SnG or Vanguard and that person came 3x, got her loot and left to not help us again. Everyone else that has been rotating in is alts of 2 of the groups. No one else is showing up, asking if theres room etc etc.

One dramatic person makes a dramatic post about being ignored for Kara which wasn't true in the first place. A big post happens, changes are made, no one shows.

I've tried to help but it seems other than the 3 groups and a couple of people who can get on as time alows theres not much interest in Kara.

Now, we went on test last night and tried ZM. Trash was ok, boss is quite challenging. You need heavy dps and heavy mana regen as well as very tanky tanks. People who have not done Kara or only have a few pieces will have a hard time being effective.

On that note, we tried for over a month, no interest was shown. We have been doing Kara for over 4 months straight now and its time for a break. Plain and simple. I will bring Azazzel if needed to Kara if time allows but with Gruul on Sat and the BB raid on Monday thats most of my free time except the odd day here and there.
[Image: Eatmore.png]
Eatmore Wrote:We have been doing Kara for over 4 months straight now and its time for a break.
Gosh I wish it was only four months.. We started back in February. It's been eight for both Vanguard and SnG. = Craziness.
Damo recruited me in mid March so yeah, 6-7 months. wow....
[Image: Eatmore.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vanguard Raiding Schedule And Membership List Damoxian 2 2,142 05-09-2007, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Sound