Updating The Tribe Roster Info
Like several of you have done, I'm working on updating/adding the extended character info (i.e. professions, gear window, linked yellow name - the whole enchilada) to Sound's listing on the roster. I've tried the below suggested process about five times and to no avail...

"Updating instructions:

1. Download Character Profiler
2. Extract zip into its own dir in C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons\ (CharacterProfiler\) directory
3. Start WoW
4. Open your bank, quests, and the profession windows which contain recipes
5. Log out/Exit WoW (See above if you want to use the UniUploader to upload the data automatically for you.)
6. Go to the update page
7. Click browse and select your *.lua files to upload"

I'm curious, is there something I *also* have to do on top of the above but I'm just not seeing? Maybe..? Possibly..? Please say yes so I don’t feel too entirely stupid?

I would go with the UniUploader option, but the link for it on the roaster's page is broken and I'm not sure if it's still in existence. I suppose a google search would help answer that though... but regardless, Help!
The plugin will also create a 'scan' button on your character sheet. Try that?
"You can never run from trouble, 'cause there ain't no place that far." - Scissor Sisters, "Lights"
I'll update the link for UniUploader when I get home.

On another note, are you <b>certain</b> you are uploading the correct .lua file?
There, the link has been updated.

On another note, I was getting tired of seeing a red X as your avatar (not to mention getting quite a few entries in the site's error log), so I removed the broken link to whatever avatar you intended to or used to have. Please reselect it.
Kretol Wrote:There, the link has been updated.

On another note, I was getting tired of seeing a red X as your avatar (not to mention getting quite a few entries in the site's error log), so I removed the broken link to whatever avatar you intended to or used to have. Please reselect it.

Very weird.. for I've never even attempted to set an avatar for myself amd nor do I have intentions to (until at least I get Sound in the gear I want her to be in). Sorry about that!

Fannae, I have both scanned my bags/professions/bank and saved it numerous times. And Kretol, care to give me an exact directory address as to what .lua I should be uploading? I'm off to go try the UniUploader, but just in case. Smile

Thank you for the help!
Whoops! Sorry, for some reason I didn't see your reply.

The proper directory is as follows:
*WoW Directory*\WTF\Account\*Account Name*\Saved Variables\CharacterProfiler.lua
Replace *WoW Directory* with the directory of where WoW resides on your computer (normally "C:/Program Files/World of Warcraft"), and *Account Name* with your WoW account login name.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roster info question 7 4,226 07-07-2007, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Guest