Tonight's moot (2/4/10) results
Thank you everyone who attended. Some great conversations were had and a lot of issues were aired. I didn't take actual notes, but I'm going to do my best to post a list of issues that were raised and the resolutions that were achieved:

1. Officer Logistics. A few jobs have not been getting done simply because we were not 100% clear on who should be doing them. Officers will be seeing a re-organization shortly, with some clearly defined roles for each. This information will be made available to the guild so that everyone knows who to consult with when an issue arises.

2. Striving toward better communication between officer cadre and broad membership. We're going to be doing a better job of following up with anyone who brings issues to our attention, and where possible, including them in the discussion.

3. Reviewing the content of the Totem, and considering alternative structuring models to compensate for five years' worth of content.

4. Expanding roleplay opportunities in the guild. Tribesmates holding the rank of Ironsinger are going to be pivotal in this process, as they will be consistently working toward production of storylines and ideas for the rest of us to enjoy. They have been given Message of the Day privileges, and will likely have their own private forum to discuss story arcs and make plans.

5. Encouraging grassroots RP as well. Everyone in the tribe should be conscious of their RP environment. Starting an interaction takes courage but creates opportunities; encouraging others by participating actively helps drive enthusiasm.

6. Considerations for promotion. Please take a moment to review the ranks of Ironsong, and give some thought to those that you feel are deserving of promotion.

7. Closing membership. For now, membership is closed and we are not going to recruit any new members. Pending applications will be resolved, but new memberships will not be considered for now. We are going to review the application process, tighten it up, and re-launch it sometime in the future.

If I forgot anything, let us know in the comments section. Expect to see these changes soon!

-Sreng'jin Skullclaimer
[Image: 2426811FELbm.png]
Just a quick thought. Someone mentioned the length of the "Recent Forum Posts" box. If your forum software allows it, you might consider changing that to a "recently active threads" box so that one busy thread doesn't bury everything else.
[Image: IST_Noodle2_sm.jpg]
Really wished I could've made it.

If I have any concerns though, I will be sure to let someone know. Also, as for the Ironsingers, how exactly would I go about doing that? I like to plan events and story ideas. Even for my battle-ground nights, I like to have my reasons.
[Image: AWOeJWn.png]
We're working that one out, Melikar. We'll let you know once we've got a plan.
[Image: 2426811FELbm.png]
I know I may gain some animosity towards myself for saying this but I think it should be publicly known that the Officers of this tribe have done an EXTRAORDINARY job over the years. Nothing is ever perfect indefinitely but the example that was shown last night of how willing they are to Listen to the members of the tribe, understand their position, and the willingness to review the current order of things and make changes to better the tribe is something I highly doubt anyone would see anywhere else.

This is my position on the topic and why I was virtually silent during the discussion. I have not felt what others are feeling. Yes I am affected by a member of the tribe leaving but I have always experienced good communication with the officers otherwise. Let them know if you have issues, they are willing to listen. Action does not always happen immediately, they are real people who live real lives, it takes time to devise a means to resolve an issue, and sometimes there is no resolution. That we have to accept...all of us.

From a Veteran member of the Tribe, I thank you, the Officers, for sticking around so long, toughing it out through thick and thin and providing this player with an ultimately unmatchable and virtually perfect first time guild experience.

-Eru'Adan

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tonight's Moot: 2/4/10 Sreng 5 3,011 02-04-2010, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Lucinther
  RP event at the Moot Tonight Dispaya 3 2,443 10-09-2008, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Efluvious
  Location Changed for Moot Tonight - Sept 11, 2008 Cloudjumper 1 1,662 09-11-2008, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Cloudjumper