Tidefury and Moonfury
((This is an application for two characters. We're married in real life, and come as a 'package deal' as it were.))

State your name and any titles that you have earned, through service to the Horde in battle or otherwise
I am Tersa Grimtotem, Fury of the Tides, and my half-brother here is retired Senior Sergeant Mahani "Moonfury" Grimtotem. He doesn't talk much; I'll answer for him...

List your vocation, be it Mage, Hunter, or any other.
Moonfury was drawn to the life of a druid when we were both very young, and although he focused primarily on honing his skills as a shapeshifter, he now seeks a path of balance. Myself, it took me some years before I found my true calling as a shaman of the tribes, but I have devoted myself to mastering the elements.

Please introduce yourself to us, as much of your personal history as you feel comfortable sharing at this time.
My brother and I are travelers, in service to the horde but without a place we truly call "home." We have different fathers, but share a mother, who is zealously devoted to Magatha Grimtotem's political agendas. The Grimtotem clan remains true to the nomadic lifestyle all tauren once held, and so for much of our childhood my brother and I traveled southern Kalimdor with the seasons. As Moonfury progressed with his druid training, he came in contact with tauren from other clans, especially in Nighthaven. While under their tutelage, he realized how radical and self-destructive our clan really was, and saw a better future for us under the leadership of Cairne and the Horde. Bit by bit he persuaded me that the picture our mother had painted of the other tauren clans was a lie, and that following the fanatical Grimtotem mindset would probably get us killed some day. Both of us have strived to distance ourself from our clan heritage since coming of age, but the journey has not been an easy one. Although my brother's druidic affiliations has earned us grudging acceptance at Thunder Bluff, we often find a friendly hand is quickly withdrawn when our ancestry comes to light.

Tell us about any professions you have taken up, such as Tailoring or First Aid.
Moonfury is a master at both Alchemy and Enchanting. He has not seen fit to train any secondary professions beyond these two, for they take a great deal of his time. I, on the other hand, have dabbled with Fishing and Cooking, and mastered First Aid, but have not seriously devoted myself to a real profession.

What are the Clans, Tribes, or Guilds that you have been a part of in the past, if any?
None; we are beholden only to each other. ((These characters are transfers from another server.))

Please describe what drew your interest in joining the Ironsong Tribe, and any memorable interactions you have had with members of Ironsong.
Neither of us are getting any younger, although we remain fit and vigalent in our duties to the Horde. Both of us feel it is time that our journey reach an end, that we join a tribe and make a true home for ourselves. Although I have not personally spoken to an Ironsinger, I hear nothing but great tales of your deeds and unity. It is our hope that here, among many clans - and many races - we may belong.

What is the greatest trial you have faced, either long ago, or in the recent past?
For me, my greatest trial was discovering what I wanted to do with myself and my life. My brother showed a talent and interest in becoming a druid from a young age; I was not fortunate enough to be so gifted. I tried to follow in his footsteps, but could not even master the spell to teleport to Moonglade, let alone speak with the great bear spirit or gain access to other forms. I did alright learning healing spells, but otherwise showed no talent whatsoever for druidic arts. I tried training with the warriors for two seasons, but went to sleep beaten and exhausted each night without ever showing an improvement in tactical skill. Eventually I gave up and became resigned to the fact I would be pressed into menial labor at the camp, and may someday die at the hands of raiders from Camp Mojache. When I had given up on myself, a Geomancer by the name of Itola Grimtotem saw potential in me that I did not. She insisted that I become her apprentice; I baulked, but my mother thought it was an excelent idea - for she wished to take me away and train overseas, thereby seperating me from my brother. They agreed on a price for my training, although at the time I felt like I was being bought and sold. Itola was true to her word, however; she taught me the ways of the elements and spirits, and I worked diligantly. In the least likely place, aboard a ship bound for the Eastern Kingdoms, under the tutilage of a woman I barely knew and despised for seperating me from my family, I found something I was good at - and enjoyed it. The elements sang to me and responded to my commands. I never looked back.

My brother is very sensitive, although he tends to be quiet and reserved. His loyalty and devotion knows no bounds, and he is deeply attached to me in a way that transcends the typical love of siblings. My struggle to find my path in life frustrated him to no end, for he dearly wished to help me and yet could do nothing. It saddened him to watch me furiously attempting to master the simplest of druid spells, which came to him with such ease he didn't even have to think about it. But perhaps the most trying time in his life was my training under Itola, for we had never before been apart more than a day or two. In part, he blamed himself; mother had heard him speaking to me about the Bloodhoof tribe not days before, and she was furious. He thought she seperated us on purpose, and that the Geomancer may do any number of horrible things to me at my mother's behest once aboard her ship. The pain of seperation was a great burden to him, and it ate away at his heart until all he knew was rage. He threw himself deeper into his training, mastered his command over his ursine form and saught out every battle he could to distract himself from it. When there were no raids or campaigns, he would stalk through the night under the light of the moon, slaughtering any happless humans who crossed his path. There would be no end to his fury until I returned, more than five seasons later, and by then the damage had been done. He had spoken to no one in months, for he dared not get attached again, and much of the clan gave him a wide bearth fearing his temper.

What are your current goals, or some of your greatest desires, and the reasons behind them?
In truth, if I could sway my mother to join the horde and accept the choices my brother and I made, I would die content. Even knowing that she supports violence and genocide, I cannot hate the woman who gave me life and raised me. I am constantly reminded that for every deed I do in service of the Horde, my mother is out there with the rest of the clan eroding our progress every step of the way. Whenever I hear of a Grimtotem raid on a Tauren village, I am torn between guilt that my own kin may be responsible, and dread that one might not have survived the raid.

Moonfury has recently had a change of heart. For almost as long as he has been a druid, he has exulted in his battle prowess and skill as a shapeshifter. I swear, he spent more time as a bear than anything else... I think there was a period of a whole month, back when we traveled through the Swamp of Sorrows, where he didn't leave bear form at all! Lately, however, he has turned his interests towards balance - balance between people and nature, balance between one clan and another. His present goal is to seek out this balance, masting the natural and arcane spells he has thus far neglected and using them to even the score.

What do you enjoy most in your adventures in Azeroth?
Mostly we enjoy spending time with each other, whatever our endeavor may be. Our skills compliment one another nicely, and I find it soothing to fight alongside such a capable and loving partner. At rest my brother enjoys spending his time with me in bear form, although he rarely uses it in combat any more - he has lately mastered the form of a moonkin and takes great joy in it. Wherever our adventures take us we will be together, and that is what we enjoy most.

Finally, have you read our Code of Conduct, and do you agree to abide by the rules stated in it? If so, please state so here in addition to a reply to the post itself.
Yes, we have both read and agree to abide by the law of the tribe.
(( Also, I spoke to Fleethoof out of character and asked many questions a few days ago, under the temporary login Flametongue. ))
A note, clearly torn from a larger scrap of parchment reads:

Another set of siblings? How amazing! Granted, I never did manage to actually pry Cori from the Warren, but that's neither here nor there. And a druid and a shaman, eh? You'll have to describe to me what they look like, love. Oh, but I should say 'hi' to them nonetheless.

Coriakin's no good with leather, and I've had no time to take a day to make reed paper, so hrmm... can you just tack this to the Totem? I've no supplies for a second note. I'm sure there's no need for them to read all of my endless babble about this journey (so mind you tear carefully!), but still:

The handwriting abruptly cleans up, going into a bumpy semblance of Cora's formal script.

Hail Tersa, Mahani. I hope I read your names aright.

It's lovely to hear you're applying for the Tribe. I've not seen your application, as I'm currently quite far from the Tribal Totem, but from what I hear you sound like good matches for our fair group. We'll have a lot to talk about, I'm sure. My brother and my mate are both Druids... it seems so natural to fight joined like that, no? But I'm running out of space on this ... I hesitate to call it parchment, it's so poor quality... so I should run.

Good luck to you both, and I hope to meet you soon enough!

-Coranda

The thin, ill-cured leather is torn away again at the bottom, but splotches of ink indicate that the letter continued on below.
((Cool - I have a Grimtotem warrior I play off and on (mostly off anymore) myself. Her name's Onicora. She figures fairly prominently in Fanae's backstory, which I may get around to committing to paper, or at least bits, one of these days.))
"You can never run from trouble, 'cause there ain't no place that far." - Scissor Sisters, "Lights"
(( I'd be interested in playing with your Grimtotem character it could be fun.

My character has now completed transfer to Silver Hand as well. See you all in game! ))
(( Alas, I never created her on Silver Hand... I think I tried to but the name was taken. Think I've still got her on Shadow Council, but I never play there anymore. ))
"You can never run from trouble, 'cause there ain't no place that far." - Scissor Sisters, "Lights"