The Second Coming
The hallway was empty save for two people. One was a man, his arm slung casually around a woman's waist. She giggled as she leaned into him and whispered in his ear.

"You know what we should do?" the woman asked, her speech slightly slurred.

A sly smile spread across Sentei's face as he looked at the young, Sin'dorei woman's eyes. He could smell the alcohol on her breath, but it didn't bother him much. He'd seen much worse, and hey, it was he who had been offering to buy her drinks all night.

"What's that?" The warlock playfully whispered back.

"We should..." the woman grinned and hesitated, having to remember what she was going to say. "We should..." she repeated, "...go to your room."

She laughed a bit, and Sentei had to tighten his grip on her waist so she wouldn't fall forward. Of course, the thought had been on his mind since she sat next to him at the bar. This girl was no different than all the others he ran into. You strike up a conversation, act like you're whole-heartedly interested in what they have to say and their life, buy them a few rounds, and they fall into your arms like nothing. He had played the routine time and time again, and it worked many a time. Not to mention his good looks and quirky attitude had to play a pretty large role in it all too. Unlike the girl, however, Sentei had only had a few sips of his own drink the entire night. Not that the woman had been keeping track. What was her name again? Del...something?

"Well, as a matter of fact," Sentei slowly began, "I was thinking of going there with you myself."

The woman grinned.

"That's sooo...sooo...great!" she giggled yet again. She then turned toward him.

"What did you say your name was again?" she asked, swaying on her feet.

"Sentei." the warlock abruptly replied.

"Riiight...Sentei." the woman quietly repeated, "That's such a hot name."

Sentei found his grin growing ever wider.

"And yours?" he asked in a joking manner.

The smile disappeared from the woman's face. "Delnira..." she replied.

Sentei forced himself to laugh, "Delnira! What? You think I'd really forget? C'mon, I'm better than that."

He nodded to a door, "This one is mine."

The woman smiled again as if completely forgetting the name incident. Funny how she could forget his and it was all okay, but Sunwell forbid he forget hers. Producing a key, Sentei nearly dragged the drunk woman into his room. She was able to stand on her own two feet long enough to glance around at his belongings. She then turned to him again as soon as he snuck up behind her.

"Ohh...where's your bed?" She drunkly asked.

Sentei gingerly took one of her arms.

"I'll show you, my dear." He said, leading her towards his four-poster king-size bed, complete with red and black satin sheets. He had a goal for the evening and he'd gone about obtaining it. Small candles sat about the room on various surfaces giving the room a slight glow.

"I like it." The woman said as she turned to look at him. It didn't take the two of them long to get settled. Within moments, the passion was flaring up between them like oil to the fire. He was down to just his pants and had just begun to snake a line of kisses along her neck when a loud knock at the door disturbed them. They both stopped and looked at one another.

"...don't go." Delnira whispered, "Just let them come back." She resumed kissing him almost immediately, but Sentei's hand came up and gently pushed her back down.

"No." he shook his head, "I'll be back in a moment. Just stay here."

He pushed himself to his feet and went into the other room where the door was. Opening the door, he was greeted with the sight of two Blood Knights of all people. One of them eyed him oddly as they saw him in nothing but a pair of loose, cloth pants.

"Mister Sentei Gil'Light?" The first one asked.

"Yeah?" Sentei nodded.

"We've been looking for a Kardwel Gil'Light. We assume he has relation to you?" the first elf kept speaking.

Sentei nodded again.

"He's my brother."

"He live with you?" The second elf then asked, nodding his head toward the inside of Sentei's room.

"No." Sentei abruptly said, "I haven't seen the guy in a while. No idea where he is."

The second elf slowly nodded.

"Right. Well, if you see him, do send him our way, would you?"

"I will." Sentei replied. He watched as the two Blood Knights walked away down the hall. Just as he was about to turn and shut the door, a figure came up behind him.

"Ooo, who're they?" Delnira asked, "Did they want to join in on the party?" She gave the warlock a sly wink.

Sentei leaned back slighty into her frame as he closed the door.

"Noo..." he started with a smile, "You're all mine tonight."

~~~

Sunlight filtered in through the window of a room set in the Filthy Animal inn.

The door to the room slowly creaked open before a form stepped through the frame and quickly closed it. Dull, green eyes stared into the small room. There wasn't much to it. Just a bed, some shelves and an old, beat up dresser looking like it once belonged to a blood elf family.

Kardwel sighed. He began to remove his armor, piece by piece until he had stripped down to more comfortably moving clothes. Tossing on a pair of casual pants and a simple white shirt, he felt much less weighed down. He stepped over to his bed and sat so that he was looking out the window. From up here, you couldn't see the people. But you could see the various towers in Dalaran, the sky seeming to shine beyond them and the bright slivers of sunlight that flecked the floor beneath the glass. It was perhaps midmorning, and he had just returned to Dalaran after being away for a few days. It had taken him that long to gather up the courage to finally seek out Dispaya, and to see if she remembered him.

As he stared out the window into the bright, northern sky, he smiled. She had.

His smile quickly faded however as he continued to sit alone and think. He couldn't help but wonder, now what? The last few months had been full of adventure and change. Now, he had all his questions answered. Everything was as it should be. So why did he feel like there still were things that needed to be done? Perhaps it was just his way of thinking. Perhaps he was so used to being plagued by questions without answers that he could think of nothing else. And so he wondered.

He knew the Tribe was making it's final assault against Arthas and the Citadel soon. It would probably be best if he began to put that battle at the front of his mind. His people had been destroyed by Arthas, he had lost almost everything. It was time to put that story to and end. Or perhaps, all he needed was some time to be by himself.

His thoughts were interupted as his stomach gave off a distinct and rather loud growl. Come to think of it, he hadn't had a good meal in some time.

Rising from the bed, he grabbed a pair of nicely made leather boots and slipped them on. He knew of a rather nice restaurant just down the street which was known for great food. But before he could gather up some gold, a knock at his door stopped him.

Stepping over, he answered the door to see a familar face staring back.

Sentei gave him a slight smile.

"It's about time I caught up with you."

Kardwel shrugged, dropping his arm to show a gesture of invitation.

"I've been busy." He casually replied.

"Really?" Sentei asked, stepping closer but not actually entering Kardwel's room. "I was hoping to see you, actually."

Kardwel turned and gathered a few gold coins off one of the nearby shelves.

"What for?" he asked. He looked up then to see Sentei conversing with a female blood elf.He stepped over to catch a better view of her. Personally, he didn't think she was so pleasing to the eye, but even he knew to keep that thought to himself.

"Find everything okay?" Sentei was asking her.

She quickly nodded and added a brief, "Yeah. Thanks."

She gave Sentei and Kardwel a half smile before making her way down the hall. Kardwel watched Sentei's gaze as he watched her go. Slowly, Sentei turned wordlessly back to his younger brother.

Kardwel only stared at the warlock. Rolling his eyes, he turned away.

"Sunwell be damned...you slept with that!?"

Sentei held up a hand and quickly entered Kardwel's room, closing the door behind him.

"Hey," he began, "She looked a lot better with her make-up on." He paused, "And after a few drinks."

Kardwel shook his head.

"I do not understand, Sentei. Do not understand at all."

"Well, I came here to tell you something, actually." Sentei said, abruptly changing the subject.

Kardwel paused, glancing up to look at his brother.

"To tell me something?" he asked, "Not to check up on me? Not to see where I've been or what I've been doing? Just to tell me something?"

Sentei shrugged.

"Yeah." he easily replied, "I want to know what your next step will be."

Kardwel gave a slight chuckle.

"I'm not sure." He said, "I'm thinking of heading back to the city, relaxing and just...maybe finding myself."

"Finding yourself?" Sentei asked, "You've found it! I thought after this whole time thing with Dispaya and whatnot, you'd be fine. You found out the answers to your mystery, you know who you are. You have to focus now on the battles at hand. Ironsong is making it's final assault against Arthas, you can't be off 'finding yourself' when a fight like that is on the line!"

Kardwel turned to look at Sentei now.

"Maybe so. But I feel so...unfulfilled."

Sentei gave a half-smile, "Maybe you should be like me. Maybe you should find someone to...ya know...be with for a while."

Kardwel paused for a moment before thinking. And that wasn't something he normally did.

"Sentei," he began, "You do not get with girls 'for a while'. You see them for one night because to you, it's just a game. You sleep around in some pathetic attempt to find love because you can't deal with the fact that you can't find and keep a woman who is actually worth something." The paladin stepped closer to the warlock as he spoke, "There are some bad apples out there, and they fall so easily and let whoever comes along pick them up. But any woman who is worth it will be at the top, because those are the ones who are hardest to get to. You can sit here and pick among all the bad ones, but I'm going to be the man that climbs that tree and finds the one who is worth all the work to get there."

By now, Kardwel was inches from Sentei's face.

"What you do, makes me sick." With that he turned and quickly made his way to the door, having collected what he needed.

Sentei turned toward the paladin, as if unphased.

"I wonder where you learned that." he slowly said, "And as much as I love the speech, there's still something I have to tell you."

Kardwel's shoulders slumped with a sigh, his hand on the door knob.

"...what?" he asked.

"There's a warrant out for you in Silvermoon."

Kardwel quickly turned back around.

"A...what!? Why would there be a warrant out for ME!? What did *I* do?"

Sentei put up his hands, "I have no idea. All I know is they want you. They came to my room last night and asked if you were there, I told them I hadn't seen you in a while. Then, lo' and behold, here you are the very next morning."

Kardwel's eyes averted and he began to think hard. Why would they have it out for him? He literally comes back from Hillsbrad after this big adventure and now a new problem rears its ugly head.

Sentei stepped toward the door and opened it, leaning against the edge and staring back at his younger brother.

"I wouldn't go back for a while, if I were you." He paused for a moment before adding, "Oh, and you're whole 'me sleeping around' speal? You don't know the half of what I've been through for some girls. You could easily say the same thing about guys being high up in that great apple tree of yours. Do some research before you sit around and point fingers."

And with the slam of the door, Kardwel was once more alone in his room with yet another dire situation. Suddenly...he didn't feel so hungry anymore.
[Image: AWOeJWn.png]
The bar of the Filthy Animal was never busy in the mornings and early afternoons. Usually, the partying happened in the evenings when people would come in for a celebration over a victory. Or perhaps to nurse drinks over a failed attempt at battle. It wasn't very often the bartender got patrons during the mid-morning hours, but today was different.

A blood elf with brown hair sat at one of the stools, sipping on a drink. He kept glancing around as if waiting for someone. It didn't take long for that to question to wonder, however. A second elf with longer, blond hair approached the first one.

"Do you always have to call me like this?" Kardwel asked Sentei.

Sentei slipped out of the stool he'd been sitting on and turned so his entire body faced the paladin. He then glanced back at the goblin-made clock hanging on the wall.

"Wow." he replied, "Eleven o'clock on the dot." He turned his head back to Kardwel. "You don't mess around."

Kardwel shrugged. "Just tell me what you want."

Sentei breathed in, seeming hesitant to say anything. He reached back for his drink and brought it to his lips for a moment, taking a small sip. He mad a grimace as he then looked away.

"What is that?" Kardwel asked, nodding at the small glass of clear liquid.

Sentei glanced up, "This?" he questioned, "Oh, just water."

Kardwel snatched the glass out of Sentei's hand before the warlock even realized it.

Taking a sip, Kardwel made a face of disgust and shoved it back to his brother.

"Alcohol? This early?"

Sentei shrugged, "I..." he began, "I need money."

Kardwel closed his eyes and let out a long sigh.

"You'd have money if you didn't waste it on that crap." he replied, nodding at the drink. Shaking his head, he decided not to pursue the subject. "What do you need money for? You have plenty of job opportunities within the Horde."

"Yeah," Sentei began, "Doesn't mean I take up said offers." He paused for a moment then. "Probably why I won't be on the front lines."

Kardwel did a double-take.

"Wait, what?" he asked.

"Nothing." Sentei abruptly said, "Listen, I need money for Tailoring. I can't afford to have them keep paying me unless I get more gold. Consider this a loan, I'm very good at paying people back."

Kardwel scoffed, "All you do is spend your money on booze and women."

Sentei shook his head, "I've been spending what money I have like a fool. I'm going to start cutting back on everything and figure out my priorities. All that good stuff."

Kardwel was quiet for a moment, wishing to help his brother and yet...very hesitant to agree. Finally, he sighed.

"Alright, I'll...I'll go the bank and take some out. But you owe me." He paused, "How much you need?"

Sentei shrugged, "Probably two-hundred and fifty gold should do it."

"Two-hundred and fifty!?" Kardwel boggled, "There is no way you need that much! I'll give you up to a hundred, but you gotta go work for the rest on your own!"

Sentei made an exasperated sound, "Okay...okay, fine. Fine, I'll take the hundred."

Kardwel shook his head, "I'll be back in a while."

"Well, we'd have more money if someone hadn't given it all away to the city." Sentei remarked.

"Hey, that was father's money." Kardwel replied, "And with everyone dying, I didn't think I'd have much of a use for it for much longer anyway. Now shut your trap before I decide not to give you any."

With that, the paladin turned and began to walk away.

Sentei grumbled under his breath and reached into his pocket.

"Before you go." he said, stopping Kardwel in his tracks a second time, "There's also this. An ambassador of the Horde forces came to the moot the other evening and being a fellow Gil'Light, he gave me your letter too."

Kardwel stepped closer, seeing the folded parchment stamped with the Horde insignia.

"What is it?" he asked.

Sentei gave a small grin. "We're making the final assault on Icecrown. These...are your orders."

Kardwel slipped his thumb under the parchment, breaking the seal and unfolding the letter. He gave it a once over and his features turned from curious, to grim. He remained silent for a long time.

"What?" Sentei then asked when he felt he couldn't hold in his own curiosity much longer.

"They want me as an emergency healer." Kardwel solemnly replied.

Sentei shrugged, "So...what does that mean?"

Kardwel gave a small laugh, but he wasn't happy.

"Basically, I'll be part of the team that assists with healing people fresh from battle. I'm going to see some pretty sick things. And if the Scourge push the fighters too far back..." he paused, "The emergency healers are the first group they'll be pushed back into. Things will turn to hell where we are if they don't keep a strong force going."

Sentei remained silent, still a bit unsure as to what that meant. This seemed to bother Kardwel a great deal, however.

"Doesn't matter," Kardwel whispered, "I should've known something like this would happen eventually." He glanced up and took a deep breath. "I'll go get your money." he then said, turning and managing to exit the Filthy Animal this time.

Sentei watched his younger brother go, a heavy feeling setting in his heart.
[Image: AWOeJWn.png]