The Return of 40-man content!
Hey everyone!

We're going to be doing Blackwing Lair and Naxxramas!

We're starting with BWL next Saturday, July 14, at 4pm Orgrimmar time. There is a small attunement process listed here.

BWL is at the summit of Blackrock Mountain, and is the home of the Black Dragonflight. The Black Dragonflight are the spawn of the corrupted black dragon Aspect Neltharion the Earth-Warder. In antiquity, Neltharion went mad and sought to dominate all other dragons through use of an artifact called the Demon Soul, and took for himself the name Deathwing. He was defeated by the combined might of the other four Dragonflights. The Demon Soul was not seen again until it was claimed by Zuluhed of the Dragonmaw Clan in the Second War. It was used to subvert the Red Aspect Alexstrasza into breeding an army of red dragon slaves for the Horde at Grim Batol. Eventually Deathwing returned to claim his prize, but was driven off by heroes of the Alliance. It is unclear as to whether or not the Demon Soul still exists.

The loot in Blackwing Lair will be comparable to what your characters were wearing around 65-68, though you may find an upgrade or two.

This is all to gear up for raiding Naxxramas. Naxxramas' attunement process can be expensive, which is why we'll be tiding ourselves over with the Lair. Naxxramas attunement is described here.

Naxxramas is the necropolis-fortress of Kel'thuzad, the founder of the Cult of the Damned and one of the Lich King's most powerful lieutenants. Our sin'dorei friends have plenty of reason to want to see harm come to Kel'thuzad: the Sunwell was drained of its powers for no other reason than simply to reanimate the slain Necromancer's remains into Kel'thuzad the lich. Similarly, it was through Kel'thuzad's manipulation that Lordaeron fell and our undead friends were originally murdered and then enslaved.

Much of the loot in Naxxramas will be comparable with what your characters wear at pre-Karazhan level 70. Naxxramas was designed to be the next step in raid progression before Karazhan (admittedly this was before Karazhan was designed). Interestingly enough, there's a really really awesome staff here that teleports you right to Karazhan.

See you all Saturday!
[Image: 2426811FELbm.png]
For the next few weeks I will be dedicating the Tuesday Mini-moots to Blackrock runs to get folks their BWL lair attunements. (This will require someone brave to come along with a key as I do not have one on either Cloud or Grymfang)
Etsuko - Monk
Razzlixx Blingwell - Warlock
Cloudjumper Wildmane - Druid (Inactive)
Thanks for putting this together, Sreng! I'm actually pretty darn excited about it. I never had a chance to see either Blackwing Lair or Naxxramas. As a long-time fan of WarCraft, I'm really looking forward to seeing what these instances are all about. Psion is not attuned to either place, although I have experience in UBRS and would be happy to lend a hand to our attunement efforts.

There's a tendency when raiding to forget about RP and just focus on game mechanics, but I am going to try to remain in character as much as possible, and I invite anyone else who wishes to do the same.

Edit:

Oh, and with respect to Naxxramas attunement, the fastest option may be to setup some Live Stratholme runs to farm for Righteous Orbs. We can gather Nexus Crystals from DE'ing loot no one wants in BWL.
Hey Sreng, can we move this to 5pm, 4pm is right smack dab in the middle of the tribe Gruul run, this will give flexibility for both runs so we are not stepping on each others toes.
Yes!

Time has changed, tell your friends!
Sreng.. You might of already thought of this, but for some of the level 70s in the guild (a good 17 total), right after Gruul they head to Karazhan for awhile on Saturdays.. This is how it's been awhile for both Vanguard and SnG. I'm curious how you're going to count on numbers to show for BWL/Nax when a good portion of your current raiders in guild on Saturdays at this time are already going to be preocupied elsewhere?

Unless it's been opened to out of guildies as well - then ignore me. :">

- Sound
I was under the impression that this was going to supersede Gruul and Karazhan. I'm not sure I have it in me to do Gruul, BWL and Kara all in one day!
Psion Wrote:I was under the impression that this was going to supersede Gruul and Karazhan.

Confusedhock: .. what??

In terms of raid progression, Kara and Gruul come after Naxx, not before.. <confused look> I don't think that's the case in regards to superseding it, Psion.

And we wouldn't be able to go to all of 'em in one day as it is.. unless, well, we figured out a way to be in Kara and BWL at once. :p
It's not going to supercede anything.

Many people are not in Karazhan groups at all, and fewer each week are able to attend the Gruul's lair run.

This is in the interest of providing options for players wanting to do something else.
ahhh, I was a bit confused myself. hrm... I'm going to talk to Smash and Grab and see if we can work out a change in schedule,temporary or permenantly, or something, because I'd like to attend these as well. It seems we are just short of free time! Ah, well, things will get worked out.
"Passion and shame torment him, and rage is mingled with his grief."

~Virgil~
[Image: playerfeed_1902018_bigsig.gif]
I appreciate your flexibility, Efluvious.

Honestly, I didn't know you guys did Karazhan Saturday afternoon/evening. Sorry if I've thrown a wrench in your works. It's gotten to the point where we have so much going on, it's hard to keep track of it all.

Which, honestly, is where I wanted us to be all along. Smile
Sound Wrote:In terms of raid progression, Kara and Gruul come after Naxx, not before.. <confused look> I don't think that's the case in regards to superseding it, Psion.

No doubt, Sound. I meant that I thought we were all voluntarily not running Gruul or Karazhan on Saturday in order to participate in this fun guild event. BWL is really long. My normal Saturdays are pretty much booked from 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM, and I think that's true for many of us. If BWL/Naxx is happening at the same time, that's probably something our various teams will have to discuss in order to make sure we're all available.

If the folks who normally run Gruul and Karazhan don't go to BWL, not only will this mean it will be that much harder for those who do to find enough people but (more importantly, in my opinion), it means that many of the most active people in IST won't be able to participate, which would be kind of defeating the purpose of doing this in the first place.

Anyway, it sounds like we'll get it worked out, so I'll just go do something shadowy and sinister and stuff.
Yeah Sreng, as far as schedule goes, SnG has friday and saturday after 6pm scheduled for Kharazan, and Vanguard is Saturday/Sunday from 3:30pm until about 7pm. (Changed now for saturday to 6pm- 9pm I think? because of Gruul's lair at 3:30pm-5:30pm) We both do an hour on tuesday to clear two bosses that allows a lot of trash mobs to despawn as well.

For SnG, we might be able to reschedule our saturday run, because it is usually only the last three bosses in Kharazan, and doesn't take too long usually (monday perhaps?).

Obviously, the weekends are the best for this, as for any raid (as is obvious by how many we have scheduled during the weekend) :X and I know you and many others have a difficult time doing something during the week. Like I said, I'll talk to SnG, but there is still Vanguard as well that will be busy at that time which are some very needed 11 people.

edit: because I'm waaaaayy to forgetful.
"Passion and shame torment him, and rage is mingled with his grief."

~Virgil~
[Image: playerfeed_1902018_bigsig.gif]
((Mokimi is now attuned to Nax....Just as a mention it cost me yesterday (July 9th) about 20g for 3 Nexus Crystals , about 30g for 5 Arcane Crystals , and one run with Krell, Mindial, Ptarra, and Gholjan for a Righteous orb (Thanks you guys). All in all at Base Honored rep I ended up spending about 110g for the attunement. This may change depending on stocked guild resources and other's ability to reach exalted with Argent Dawn.))
Krell was able to obtain an Exalted reputation with the Argent Dawn yesterday, and has been freely attuned to Naxxramas.

~ Krell
Shantow the Bear
The Ironsong Tribe

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." King