~The Ironsong Defenders~ Rules and Conduct
[center]~The Ironsong Defenders~
For the Horde!
[/center]

As an Ironsong Defender, there will be rules and guidelines that need to be followed. Though we love smashing some Alliance face, even we have standards. With that in mind, please read and follow the rules. Thanks!

As much as you may want to charge head on into battle, there are some ideas about World PvP that I believe should be used to make the PvP experience better for everyone. Even if you don't like Alliance for whatever reason, they are still playing this game just as you are. They are people on the other side of the screen...or freaks of nature, but I prefer not to go there. Think about how you would like to be treated were you fighting another and follow that rule. Mind you, Alliance will not always play fair, but that doesn't mean you can't be the better person.

Rule 1: No Corpse camping/griefing! - If you engage in PvP combat and kill the other person, great job! You earned yourself an honor kill! But please have the decency to move away from their body after doing so. Let them eat, get back to full health, or run away if they wish. I know it's very hard to not kill an annoying Alliance character when they are at 50% health/mana, but it is also not fair in any way.

Rule 2: No Blue Flagging (I'm looking at you, Sreng)! - Blue flagging is the act of attacking a flagged Alliance when you, yourself, are not flagged. This would allow a Horde character (say a mage) to warm up a Pyroblast at a flagged Alliance character, giving them no time to react or retaliate except after the initial damage. If you flag up, and THEN attempt to use such a move, it is seen as a fair act. I am guilty of this at times, but I try to throw up my flag before attacking at all times.

Rule 3: No Rude actions! - /spit /laugh /rasp /rude /rofl are all actions we will not do as Defenders. When I am killed by an Alliance member and they use one of these emotes on me, it comes off as *very* immature. I do not want any Defender to inflate their ego by thinking that emoting such things is okay. Kill the attacker and move on.

Rule 4: Respond to World Defense! - You're not much of a Defender if you don't defend anything! Areas such as Wintergrasp, Blue Sky Logging Grounds, Venture Bay and Halaa and any of the Outlands/Eastern Plaguelands tower objectives are world PvP areas. Meaning that responses to these areas are on your own terms and are not required by any Defender to actually check out unless you want to participate. Areas such as towns, cities and other such places will need to be defended. If you see one or two world defense pings for an area, it most likely is not worth checking out. However, seeing multiple dings fly up your chat screen could certainly be worth the time.

Rule 5: Help your fellow Defenders! - If I'm looking at all the pings on Stonard and see a rogue and paladin attacking the place, I'll probably get killed two to one. If I send out a call for help in guild chat (in character, of course) I would expect some kind of response unless no other defenders are currently logged in. If you need help somewhere, call for back up and respond in likeness!

Rule 6: No attacking starting areas/towns! - If Alliance want to come attack our starting areas/towns (such as Razor Hill, Crossroads, Bloodhoof village etc.) by all means, let them get killed by us. But we will not attack Alliance starting areas. These places are meant for low level characters to level up and have many quest givers. Taking those quest givers away is unfair to the poor shlub who decided to role Alliance. Just be nice and let the lowbies be. World PvP should be optional to anyone, including Alliance. Making their game play harder is not making it optional for them.

Rule 7: Let them run! - If an Alliance member is obviously trying to run away (such as porting, hearthing, or running further and further from the initial line of attack) let them go. Are they running away just to lick their wounds and come back after a while? Maybe, but you can deal with them when they return.

Questions?

There is a level 55 druid here, stealing towers in Eastern Plaguelands. Can I still attack him or is that seen as unfair conduct?

My answer is yes. Although they are way lower level than you, flagging up is a risk they put on themselves. If they are willing to wear the flag, they are willing to take the attacks that come with it. Just remember that grayed out level numbers mean you get no honor from the kill.

You said we couldn't attack starting areas because of the quest givers. Guards don't give quests, can we attack them?

If you wish to inspire some of your own world PvP in hopes of having a few (or a million) Alliance come running, then yes. You can attack guards around the town. But do not chase an Alliance member into said town and kill every NPC and vendor.

You said we can't corpse camp. What if *I'M* being corpse camped?

You can do one of a few things, really. Either unflag and wait for it to drop (by this point, most Alliance are bored and have run off to go attack something else) or res behind an object and hope you are not seen. Mount up and run a safe distance away until you can heal back to full and get back in the fight. Running into an inn really helps here since this always spawns guards and it will perhaps buy you enough time to run out and use a potion, heal or bandage if need be. Or, if worst comes to worst, res at the graveyard. This will give you sickness however and is not advised unless you won't be near any Alliance for the next 10 minutes.

These are just the questions I managed to think up, but if you have others please post and I will try my best to answer them. I'm pretty sure I am forgetting something to talk about, hehe.

So, fight well and fight hard! For the Warchief, for the Horde!
[Image: AWOeJWn.png]
[center]World PvP Help[/center]

-Know what you're getting into- If you see the world Defense pings going off, type /who <insert name of attacked place here> and see who is about. If there's some other higher level characters present, they might already be in on it. Don't be afraid to drop a line and ask how the situation is. Ask how many Alliance are there, what the levels are etc. These can help better prepare you if you deem in nesessary to stop by.

-Don't put a target on your back- You do not have to fly into an attacked area with your flag already up. You can remain unflagged and check out the area. Keep your camera distance at max range and really take a look around. If there's one Alliance character running around killing NPC's try your hand at knocking them out. If you don't feel like you're able to kill them off or would need back up, call for it!

-Check yourself and the area- Make sure you are wearing the proper gear if you're going to engage in PvP combat. Any kind of gear with resiliance really helps. Also, if you kill someone, they are most likely running back to grab their corpse. Though we don't corpse camp, there is nothing wrong with standing back and watching. Figure out which graveyard they are most likely coming from and plan for any kind of surprise attacks.

-Look at your mini-map- If you're in a group, look at your map to know where everyone is and how to coordinate a decent attack plan. Don't be afraid to ding the map if you see an Alliance attacking another team mate or NPC's. 90% of the time, the people in your group are not paying attention to anything else except themselves and the surrounding area to keep an eye out. Pinging the map can help refocus your efforts and gather everyone back together.
Availaibility thread
Consider Krelldor a Defender. Question, are we able to make tabards for this? Did I hear something about now having the ability to make non-guild tabards, or was I just dreaming?
Shantow the Bear
The Ironsong Tribe

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." King
Krell Wrote:Consider Krelldor a Defender. Question, are we able to make tabards for this? Did I hear something about now having the ability to make non-guild tabards, or was I just dreaming?

I thought there was, now that you mention it. But that could just be an Argent tournament thing I read about? Not sure.

If we could, it would be awesome to have a Defender's tabard. Big Grin
Consider Lhuurssa (or any alt) a Defender.
NEW EVENT

Wednesday, July 22nd at 6 PM server, I will be holding a duel night in front of Orgrimmar. I have invited some people, but feel free to come along even if you did not get the invite! This event is for everyone who may be interested. Also, send me a tell in game if you want to have an official invite so you don't forget!

See ya in game!

~ Meli
Unfortunately, that's during my work hours. Sad
Availability thread up
Might I recommend a change of venue? For those that are pvp healers there isn't much fun to be had in dueling, but if we go into the gurubashi arena we can make our own mini arena tournament.
-Donalzon

“He lives not long who battles with the immortals, nor do his children prattle about his knees when he has come back from battle and the dead fray.”

Homer, The Iliad
Donalzon Wrote:Might I recommend a change of venue? For those that are pvp healers there isn't much fun to be had in dueling, but if we go into the gurubashi arena we can make our own mini arena tournament.

Great idea!

I'll look into setting something up. But once again, I need people's availability.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Defenders: Availability Melikar 3 2,675 10-27-2009, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Lucinther
  Ironsong Defenders Melikar 6 3,811 06-21-2009, 12:49 AM
Last Post: Dentik