The Gauntlet
The gauntlet is a great hunt spanning both continents of Azeroth, from the Badlands to Desolace.

The Teams

Three or four brave volunteers are designated as Prey. The rest of the participants are the Hunters. Hunters will be divided into into competing 5-man groups. Prey will carry as many tokens (low-level crafted items or letters) as there are Hunter groups.

Start

Everyone will start at Theldurin the Lost in the Badlands. The Prey will have a two minute head start. The Prey will attempt to make their way to Shadowprey Village in Desolace. Hunters will pursue the Prey and attempt to tag them before the Prey get to to Shadowprey.

"Tagging" Prey

A Hunter tags Prey by challenging the Prey to a duel and winning the duel. If the Hunter wins the duel, the Prey gives a token to the victor. If the Prey wins the duel, the Prey does not surrender a token. No matter the outcome, after the duel is finished the Prey gets a 30 second window to run away from the Hunters before the Hunters can resume pursuit.

Rules for Prey

1. Prey get a one-minute head start from the starting line.
Prey may not use any transportation aids (no mounts, no windriders, no summons, no hearthstones). Class specific speed advantages are allowed (ghost wolf, aspect of the pack, cheetah form). Mass transport such as boats, zeppelins and the Deeprun Tram may be used.
2. Prey may not enter areas where dueling is not allowed (e.g. instances, deep fatigue water). Orgrimmar, Stormwind, Ironforge, and Thunder Bluff may be entered briefly.
3. If you are challenged to a duel but are not at full health or mana, you may cancel the duel until you are rejuvenated. You must fight the duel where the original challenge occurred.

Rules for Hunters
1. Hunters may use transportation aids (mounts, windriders, summons, hearthstones).
2. All Hunters must give Prey a 30-second window after a duel.

Win conditions

A Hunter team wins if their team is the first to collect and present tokens from ALL members of the Prey team.
The Prey team wins if ANY member of the Prey team reaches Shadowprey Village before any Hunter team collects and presents a complete set of tokens in Shadowprey Village.

Prizes

The members of the winning team shall roll for the prize, an Orb of Deception! There may be more prizes added, depending on the turn-out.

Participation

The event shall be open to all Ironsingers and by invite to any other interested parties.

Entrance fee

There may be a nominal entrance fee (1g) to help defray the cost of the prizes
Please reply here if you're willing to participate and note which team you'd prefer to be on. Prey will be selected prior to the event. Hunter teams will be arranged at the event itself.
MAY I BE PREY PAWEASE?!?!?!?!
Ooh! Ooh! I wanna be Prey!

Seriously!
[Image: 85443.png][Image: 85444.png]
This sounds like a really fun time, Zoz. However, since my dueling skills are non-existant, I will be an interested observer!
I wanna be Prey too, sounds like fun. Hopefully I don't end up working that day.
"You can never run from trouble, 'cause there ain't no place that far." - Scissor Sisters, "Lights"
I wanna play! I'll be either......
I am interested in being a prey, or part of a Hunter team if needed.

Question: No Windriders? Wouldnt that be considered public transportation?

Krell
In addition to the people who have posted here, I've had several people contact me in-game to ask about being prey. Obviously not everyone can be. I'll have to find some way of deciding who the prey team shall be.

Since we still have a few weeks to go, make sure you post here if you're interested in being prey; anyone who hasn't posted here in two weeks will not be considered.
The prey must make it from start to finish on foot. Only mass public transportation (zeppelins, boats and the like) are available to them.

The hunters, of course, have no such restrictions.
hmmmm... hunter or prey... i find it more fun to hide from people, so im goin with prey!
[Image: 3994085VvROm.png]
If there are too many who want to be prey, I'll also be a hunter. Either way it should be fun. ^_^

Though only giving prey a 30 second head-start if they win a duel won't give them much time before they're caught again. *grins widely*
[Image: 85443.png][Image: 85444.png]
Zuipol Wrote:Though only giving prey a 30 second head-start if they win a duel won't give them much time before they're caught again. *grins widely*

I was thinking that too. On the other hand, if one of the prey manages to get well out of sight it'll be pretty tough to find them again.
"You can never run from trouble, 'cause there ain't no place that far." - Scissor Sisters, "Lights"
I'll be either!

This will be fun!
Just to bring something up......Rogues have a huge unfair advantage in this.....Stealth.....is that a usable ability? Other classes dont have that advantage.