The Fate of Akora
For those of the guild old enough to remember there once was a Shaman of great might and lore. Many might not know her name but there are some who still remember. Her deeds were a legend, but legends fade to myth and eventually fade altogether. However it is my sad duty to tell the tale of the last moments of the Mighty Akora, so they might not fade away so quickly.

The aspects about me are unimportant, but I found myself alone in the lord of the mountain’s lair itself, in the heart of Ragnaros’s sanctuary in the Molten Core. It is not important how this foolish thief lived to tell this tale. I was searching for but a bauble of the Fire King’s stash, but what I uncovered was a tale befitting of legends. Hiding behind some charred rocks I witnessed a monumental battle.

I saw a flash of fiery hot lava shoot skyward. Then I witnessed a fantastical and horrifying site. This ‘lava’ materialized into a form resembling a giant torso, well built and strong. It was larger than any of the torso’s of the mighty giants of Azeroth. A mighty flaming hammer, larger than the trees of Felwood was formed of flames. A giant’s head hewn in flame appeared, and bellowed out these words. “Mortal, who dares, ALONE (as his voice inflected) enter my lair” echoed across the vaulted halls.

I looked around and saw no one, fearing the Fire King knew of my hiding place, recounting these as my last moments, I was frozen in fear, in a place hotter than hell. But the Fire King’s gaze did not fall upon me, but upon a small horned shadow approaching alone from the lair’s entrance.

As the two foes approached, they had a how can I say, a certain ‘knowledge’ of each other. “Akora” the Fire King said. As Shaman came forth from the shadows and presented herself to the Fire King. His voice had a certain ‘sadness’ to it when he muttered her name, which I could not understand.

But the Shaman did not rattle “This is the journey’s end” Akora steadily replied. “The Earthmother is with me. I am here for the battle you promised.” Ragnaros, nodded, respectfully to Akora and replied, “I shall grant you this battle old friend, let it begin!” Ragnaros let forth a howl that rang through the silence like hideous laughter.

One towered above the other, with a fiery torso hewn and hardened by lava and hate. The other, only a fraction of the size of the Fire Lord, sinewy, with horns and nostrils flaring. The two forces stalked each other. The Tauren as she approached Ragnaros, turned quickly and looked seemingly right at the rock I was hiding behind, but just as quickly she focused back on her foe.

Until now, in a manner in which I thought I could not fathom – I dreamed that I had mistaken what I had seen. But the battle is as real as I am here today to retell it. I will recount the battle as best as I am able.

The battle began with searing flames shooting forth from the Fire King, but Akora nimbly jumped aside. Then I saw totems flaring all around the Shaman. I witnessed a blur of motion as she shot across the moat of lava toward Ragnaros. The Fire King let forth a clamoring shriek of pain, and lurched his mighty hammer forward toward his foe. But he was a second too late as the Tauren slipped aside. Icicles of frost hit his torso as he destroyed the totems.

Then I saw the Shaman appear on the Fire King’s mighty arm, wildly flailing away with her weapon. A heard another shriek of pain from Ragnaros, as he faltered a bit, his mighty stature swaying like a tree.

Then I head a yelp not from the Fire King but from Akora. Ragnaros rattled the Shaman with a mighty fire bolt. But she gathered herself and produced a healing light, and continued to battle. I knew her wound was grave, but she battled onward, hewing off one of Ragnaros’s mighty arms. Ragnaros let forth a great moan. This blow crippled the Fire King, and he started to diminish back into his hollow of lava. This tumbling force was so great Shaman was bound to it, falling downward with the Fire King.

The last glimpses I saw was of Akora clinging to the Fire King’s great hammer still doing battle until, I could see no more as the scorching flames consumed her.

I stayed hidden for many moments trying to comprehend the immense battle I alone witnessed. I waited expecting a victor to arise from the lava to lay claim to his prize. But none came. The two combatants shall remain entombed in that fiery grave under the mountain of flame that is the Molten Core.

Since the battle, I can not bring myself to return to the Molten Core. But I had heard tales of the legend of the mighty Akora, and her deeds under the fiery mountain. And as the last witness to her life, I’d like to think that she was one with the Molten Core, almost as much as Ragnaros was and that it was her wish for her end to be under the mountain that she helped build.
Vote Akora for MA!
OOC – Goodbye
And so is the passing of Akora and my time from playing World of Warcraft.
I hoped you enjoyed the last tale of Akora, and remember her fondly as I will all of you.

I had a blast playing WoW and meeting the entire guild. It was hard for me to leave WoW and the family of Ironsong. And it was hard for me to write this goodbye. That is why it is so late in its posting. But such as life all things pass.

I will miss the many friendships fostered in hours of toil and fun, from Ironsong’s members to its officers.

I have suspended my Warcraft account and probably wont’ be returning.
Akora died when Molten Core became obsolete. I had invested so much time into the MC, I did not have a desire to progress further. So in a way as stated in the story, I/Akora was bound to Molten Core and its fate.

However, I have started Playing the new MMORPG, Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO) and am enjoying it, whereas I am a Tolkien buff. If any of you have the inclination to try out LOTRO, look me up on the “Arkenstone” server. And the name of “Akora” shall live on there. Actually my LOTRO character names on the Arkenstone server are as follows;
Akora, Alune, Chert, Faldo & Taka. Arabeth (if any recall her) and I are giving LOTRO a go together. I’d love to hear from any old friends.

Akora aka Scott
Vote Akora for MA!
You will be missed, Akora. Sad

May Lord of the Rings Online grant you what you seek.. and a family as loving, accepting and warm as what Ironsong was able to give you. Be well, you. And good luck out there!

(( And it's a shame you won't be around to start off the mispronunciation of the dozens of new BE names that are now amongst us! *grins* ))
Reposted here in tribute to an amazing friend and Officer:

Molten Akora
(To the tune of "Theme to Rawhide")

Molten Akora

Molten, Molten, Molten,
Molten, Molten, Molten,
Molten, Molten, Molten,

Akora!

Molten, Molten, Molten,
Though their egos are swollen
Keep them Ironsingers rollin'
Akora!
Lava packs and hounds here
Hell-bent for epic gear
Sure glad my tribe is by my side!

All the rolls I'm missin',
despite that I'm still wishing,
Just wishing, she could say my name right!

CHORUS
Move 'em on, head 'em up
Head 'em up, move 'em on
Move 'em on, head 'em up
Akora

Count 'em out, move 'em in,
move 'em in, count 'em out,
Count 'em out, move 'em in
Akora!

Keep movin', movin', movin'
Though they're disapprovin'
Keep them Ironsingers movin'
Akora!

Don't try to understand 'em
Just tell us how to handle 'em
and soon we'll be living high and wide!

My hearts calculatin'
Purple items will be waitin',
Be waitin' at the end of the fight!

Molten, Molten, Molten,
Molten, Molten, Molten,
Molten, Molten, Molten,

Akora!

Akora!

May this March continue to live on in our hearts. Whenever I go to MC I still find myself humming it to myself. Akora...you are a good friend and I will never forget you.

All my love and power...forever

Dispaya
Farseer of Ironsong
Sing True Ironsong!
Hmm.

Was in flame that I first fought beside Akora... was in flame that Akora brought her tribe great glory... was in flame dat Akora fell.

I firs' took up arms wit' Akora in Ragefire Chasm, beneath de canyon walls of Orgrimmar. She was one of de Tribe's first, an' one of de Tribe's finest.

Akora, tonight I sacrifice a fine bottle o' rum to ya memory.

May dem hooves carry ya to ya well-earned rest.

((Scott, it's been a trip, buddy. Two and a half years of wild monster-slaying madness. Definitely keep in touch over here, and let us know how things look over on Arkenstone. Stay awesome, you will be missed.))

-Sreng'jin
Goodbye, Akora! I will miss you very much. I fought alongside you in Molten Core for a year. I can still hear the music and feel the thrill and the virtual heat coming off the lava. I remember your patient explanations every week as you told everyone what to expect and what to do.

To me, you will always be Main Assist!

I wish you the best of luck in your new adventures.

*Bows deeply and sadly*

-Zlinka
Who will tell us Shaman what to do now? Though, since you been gone, Jaba been gettin' all da loot.

Seriously, you will be missed. I really enjoyed the MC runs. Don't delete Akora. You might get the itch to take on new challenges in Outlands.

Best of Luck,
-Jaba
Have Mana Tide, Will Travel
ooc-
Res the Akora.
>.>
<.<

Good luck to you! 'tis been a pleasure to venture along your side.
...and what weapon, at the last, did Akora resort to in order to stand toe to toe with the Firelord alone?

It could only have been the Stinging Viper!

Taz'dingo, old friend!

Shillatroll
"She is a soothsayer. She’s a mystic. She is a witch doctor, able to see into people’s hearts and minds. She’s also touched by the elements." -Naomie Harris
Ayyykorrreeea.

We will miss you very much!
Don't mess with the trees!

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."

~Bill Cosby
<Salutes>

Will miss yah lots! <bows>
Akora...it was a true pleasure.
Be well.
Thank you for all the kind words, and memories.

I will always remember our Molten Core runs, and all the fun we had in there.
And I will fondly remember Ironsong and what an enjoyable refuge each member made it for me.

Akora
Vote Akora for MA!
*Merrina hears the tale of Akora's seeming end with tears slipping down her cheeks* Rest well, my friend, we had many adventures together. It is only fitting that you are consumed by the one that so consumed your time on Azeroth. *Wipes the tears, and walks away, saddened for the loss, but as she walks a surge of fierce pride almost overwhelms her for the shaman*
Merrina - Troll Huntress
Dannae - Troll Priestess
Aya'Tor - Orc Warlock
Zyndala - Blood Elf Mage
Zerrah - Forsaken Death Knight