The Eye--Voidreaver
I'd like to try for this boss soon, but we need a time to do it. I was thinking maybe wednesday nights, or possibly sundays.
What do you think?

Also, as a reminder: this instance is for those in tier 4 or equivalent gear (Kharazan gear). Voidreaver has a lot more hp than Gruul even. Also, any one in melee needs to have 150-200 arcane resist, just puting that out there. If you want to know more about it, I'd recommend looking up the strategy on Wowwiki.
"Passion and shame torment him, and rage is mingled with his grief."

~Virgil~
[Image: playerfeed_1902018_bigsig.gif]
Mmm I was talking to a friend off another server about this one...sounds like fun. I'm not close to all my t4s...but am working on it...but I'd like to try and help if you need me. Wednesday evening are good...if I'm on the early shift...but always around on Sundays.
yeah, about the tier 4 thing, all I'm saying is a few peices from Kharazan, not a lot of greens and a few blues. Voidreaver drops tier 5. Think of it like going to Naxx or AQ 40 back at 60 in dungeon 0 gear.

~Virgil~
Sundays I say! SUNDAYS!

At least until the end of August when I hopefully will alter my work schedule again to allow for evenings.

Yes, I expect you all to mold your lives around my work schedule. No, I am not serious.
I don't know how I can reach 150-200 arcane resist if we're suppose to have tier 4 gear/Kara gear. ._. Most of what I've obtained for reist gear are mostly high level greens and right now, none of what I've gathered is arcane resist.
The point is, this may be an easy boss, but he is not a cakewalk. Having 200 AR is not that hard to get. Melee not having about that much for the fight makes it A. Harder on the healers, and B. Harder on the raid, because you will inevitably die from the pounding anyway, and then people have to cover your DPS.

Every 12 seconds, he does a channelled AOE ability that deals 6k damage over 3 seconds, centered on himself. It deals arcane damage, and if melee has a good amount of AR, it is a non issue.
Gra'zak

[item]Enchanted Adamantite Boots[/item]
[item]Enchanted Adamantite Belt[/item]
[item]Enchanted Adamantite Breastplate[/item]
[item]Enchanted Adamantite Leggings[/item]

That's 140 AR right there. Add MOTW and that's over 150. I don't know if you have the Kara trinket yet (from quests), but that's another 45. There's also [item]Cloak of Arcane Evasion[/item] and that's another 32.

It's doable, but requires a little work to get it all crafted.

(It sucks, i know, i farmed 8 billion pirmal mana to make leather and mail sets for SnG for the curator, and then we ended up not using any of it. but you do what you gotta do.)
It may not have been used for the fight it was intended for, but I know me and Efluvious at least have used it alot.
Shantow can make:

[item]Pendant of the Null Run[/item]

2 [item]Felsteel Bar[/item]
8 [item]Primal Mana[/item]
1 [item]Mercurial Adamantite[/item]

[item]Ring of Arcane Shielding[/item]

2 [item]Eternium Bar[/item]
8 [item]Primal Mana[/item]

I'm thinking if the Tribe as a whole wants to make a conscious effort to gather these items, I should be able to make several of them and let the Raid Leader dish them out to the appropriate melee.

Just a thought.

~ Krell
Shantow the Bear
The Ironsong Tribe

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." King
Khrale Wrote:There's also [item]Cloak of Arcane Evasion[/item] and that's another 32.
I can make those, and I know a few others can as well. I and several others can also enchant [item]Formula: Enchant Cloak - Greater Arcane Resistance[/item] ...the materials are a little rough, at 4x Large Prismatic Shard and 8x Primal Mana, but that's 47 AR from one item, which can come in very handy at times. When we were prepping for the Curator, with pretty minimal efforts I got around 120 unbuffed AR, only dropping my +healing by about 300 and my mana by 200 or so, with enchants and gems and the like, so it's certainly doable, just takes some time and a bit of an investment.
Khrale Wrote:Gra'zak

[item]Enchanted Adamantite Boots[/item]
[item]Enchanted Adamantite Belt[/item]
[item]Enchanted Adamantite Breastplate[/item]
[item]Enchanted Adamantite Leggings[/item]

That's 140 AR right there. Add MOTW and that's over 150. I don't know if you have the Kara trinket yet (from quests), but that's another 45. There's also [item]Cloak of Arcane Evasion[/item] and that's another 32.

It's doable, but requires a little work to get it all crafted.

(It sucks, i know, i farmed 8 billion pirmal mana to make leather and mail sets for SnG for the curator, and then we ended up not using any of it. but you do what you gotta do.)

I'd probably just get the leggings, belt, and ring crafted. If I replace any of my other gear for AR I'd lose way too much DPS. There is always the option of running out.. Don't know how effective that is though but I've been reading a little on Void Reaver.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bosskillers.com/cgi-bin/bbguild/index.cgi?action=view_guide&guide_id=50">http://www.bosskillers.com/cgi-bin/bbgu ... uide_id=50</a><!-- m -->
Running out is to be avoided, as it decreased raid DPS. Thats why we are having people get AR gear. Running out decreases DPS, and overall is to be avoided. Thats why we want people with AR. Its better to take some damage and deal some damage, than take no damage, and deal no damage. Having enough AR makes the pounding survivable, so that a chain heal or two into the DPS can fully heal everyone.

Trust me, me and Efluvious have looked through this encounter alot. Any tactic for it that exists has been read.
Wait, Efluvious can read?
What is the best thing in life?
Crush enemy, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
Efluvious has the smurtz.
((This is Efluvious' translator. He really doesn't read, but I help him to understand it. I read to him what this thread said, his reply is: "Buh."))

~Virgil~