The End for Me
Its been a long while in the coming but I am quite sure this is the end for me.

Raiding has only been fun because of you guys - I thoroughly enjoy your company and the time we have spent together. I have not, however, enjoyed the raiding itself. Our triumphs have been marvelous and I am proud of the progress we have made. Last night was pure gravy. But I have loathed every minute of it.

This is not a think I have decided on the fly but have been brooding over since I hit 70. I do not like the direction that Blizzard has taken WoW or the changes to classes they have made. I do not like how Blizzard has made their dungeons 'hard' by making them one shot characters or just absolute misery to heal through. Nor the cross-grade gear they have provided from these harder encounters. The bugs, the glitches, the farm fest, the rep grinds, the incompleteness.

And most of all I do not like the fact that I feel like I am forcing myself to play when I log in to hit Karazhan.

I am sorry to desert you like this but that is what I am doing. I wish you each success, both in the real world and in game.

Keep an eye out for me if you should play Warhammer Online.

Yours Truly,
Christian
aka
Sir Noobs-a-lot
I can’t say I am not upset by this, but I also can’t say I am surprised. I know exactly how you feel. This is all about all you crazy people for me; you bunch and the bonds we've formed keep me coming, not the raiding itself, or the stupidly difficult encounters, or the strategies, or the hellacious fights, or the progression, or the gear. In some ways I feel like you're the heart of this group, Christian, and god I hate to lose you, but I am very glad that you're doing what you need to do. At the point where it becomes your job, your duty to play, is just is no longer enjoyable, or flat out upsets you to play, you really need to stop. And I'm glad that you can see that and make the break, be it temporary or permanent.

No falling off the earth or getting completely out of touch, mind you. We need our comic relief, even if it's a two-minute poking in on Vent or the forums. >.> It's been a glorious, hilarious time, and I'll miss you like hell. And I’ll still curse you every time we get another paladin drop. <3

Frumpled à la Mahiah,
Sarah
Naruth hit it right on the head. I don't know what else to add to that besides--I don't want you to go. I understand that you need to though. Thanks for all the hilarious fun times in vent while we were raiding and dying horribly, and also while we were cheering our victories. I'll miss you, Christian. I'm glad I got a chance to play with you.

Slán leat,
~Lisa
Don't mess with the trees!

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."

~Bill Cosby
Christian,

I do hope what you decide to do now treats you well, whether its WHO, more drawing, or actually going to class. You've been the core of this group since day one, and I admire you for it. You've been one of the most talented players I've ever met, and have a personality that makes us all enjoy being around you.

Best of luck to ya, Sir Noobs-a-lot.
<3
*pokes her head in (hopefully this is okay)*

I may not be a member of Smash and Grab, but on the outside of Kharazan I did get a chance to group with you quite frequently and I truly loved doing so. Be it with Anathamon, Efluvia or Cleeyo, I've always appreciated having you along for the skill, biting humor and just the type of person you were. I'll miss ya, crazy one, and I hope Warhammer will bring you the happiness that WoW cannot. However turning into a stranger on us will not be allowed. Keep in touch or face multiple, multiple, burning wraths of fiery doom. : )
You will be missed. You have a real talent for fleshing out (literally in the case of Efluvia) you characters. I have laughed out loud at their antics more times than I can count.

Obviously, these characters humor and cleverness springs from their source, and I will miss your comments on vent.

Finally, thanks for getting this raid together and including Jaba.

Thanks for the good times and best of luck,
Russell (poJaba)
Have Mana Tide, Will Travel
While I understand why you leave, know you'll be missed Sad Good luck!
What is the best thing in life?
Crush enemy, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
Like Anathamon, I've canceled my account. Mostly for the same reasons and I'm just not having a lot of fun lately with WoW and with the patch coming up.. meh. Real life has been a bit more time consuming also. I have one month left on my subscription however so it may hop on from time to time to help the mini moot or such.
Great, now I'm the only idiot paladin attuned for Karazhan in this guild. Tongue I'd say you'll be missed if not for the fact that I'm related to you and am therefore forced to future interactions with you. Kinda wish I had as much free time that I could make up for some of his absence, but no such luck. Big thanks to Smash 'n Grab for the pants, you folks are great. I'm guessing it was Anathamon's idea to hijack my account to get those to me, so I appreciate it. I'm actually turning into a decently-equipped paladin now, hehe.
Actually, I remember a woman's voice making the suggestion so thank either Naruth or Mahiah!

Anathamon... though I hardly know you (or anyone in IST cept maybe Vanea), you are a fine exemplar of why I like your guild so much. Take care. (and if you check out LOTRO, Detton, Gryphon, and I are on Landroval) Smile
Well, whoever it was you have my deepest gratitude. First time I've had more than one epic item on any of my characters.
Well /I/ rolled for them, but there were objections to a self-respecting priest wearing plate... ahem. And yes, we saw no point in DEing them when it was actually possible to let someone else not currently in the raid have them (best idea ever, Blizz) -- so I'm glad they're useful to you!
I am very sad to hear this but, as some have said, unsurprised. I should have known you'd quit on me as soon as I finally get my key! (Friday night)

Mister X is my best friend in WoW and my own personal World of Warcraft is sorely diminished by this. I don't know how I can disagree with the sentiments behind the decision from what I have learned but hopefully we'll communicate in some manner. Too bad that my work schedule changes have precluded me playing nearly as much of late - ill timed in that sense.

Much love and good luck. I'll always remember the hours I farmed to have your Hide of the Wild made as a gift and then at the end realized that I had just done all that to give /Flu/ a healing item. So I gave it to you and then started farming those damn Felcloth Gloves (or whatever, those blue ones).

-Tae
"She is a soothsayer. She’s a mystic. She is a witch doctor, able to see into people’s hearts and minds. She’s also touched by the elements." -Naomie Harris
I'll find you in warhammer...and my Squigs will overwhelm and devour you for my amusement. But on a less sinister note. Get goin man. I can feel for pain when it comes to wow of late. Its a teeth gnasher that can at times just seem incredibly ill concieved. have you tried running heroic durnhold? Where uncontrollable mobs can scattershot the tank at melee and then kill the party at will with his two uncontrollable buddies? Ooh, wait, using this forum to vent now. Remember the squigs Christian, they will come for you in the dead of night.

Craig
Waaaaaagh! Wink
Etsuko - Monk
Razzlixx Blingwell - Warlock
Cloudjumper Wildmane - Druid (Inactive)