TeamSpeak (Voice Communication) [OOC]
Ever wanted to communicate with tribemates via voice? Perhaps communicate more effectively during raiding or grouping, or even PVPing? If so, you can go to our Downloads section to acquire the TeamSpeak2 client.

Install and run the program, but before you connect, I would suggest to go in the Settings menu and click on 'Sound Input/Output Settings', and change the voice send method to press a key when you wish to speak. For example, I use the Scroll Lock key.

To connect to the server, click the 'Connection' menu, then click "Quick Connect." Put in "laerg.gotdns.com" (without the quotes) as the server address and whatever you want in the nickname field (perhaps your player character name?) and hit connect. You should then connect to the server and see/hear (if they're currently talking) whoever else is in the channel.

Hope to see other tribemates peruse it! If you have any questions, feel free to respond to this post.
Maybe I weant to try this but it all seem so complicated to me, even with your explanation.

did you say it connects to a server. does it means it connect to Silver hand, to talk wile we are in the game or its just a place/cannel to talk to a guildmate? outside WoW
Pinto Wrote:Maybe I weant to try this but it all seem so complicated to me, even with your explanation.

did you say it connects to a server. does it means it connect to Silver hand, to talk wile we are in the game or its just a place/cannel to talk to a guildmate? outside WoW

The server is an application I run on my computer, along with the client which I use to connect to the server. You run the TeamSpeak client seperately from the WoW application, so it can be used whether or not you may be playing at the time. Smile
so its like a voice chat program you run at the same time you run WoW?

is that the way others use to chat wile they are playing?
The Truly Bovine Expert
Pinto Wrote:so its like a voice chat program you run at the same time you run WoW?

is that the way others use to chat wile they are playing?
Aye, that's precisely what it is. You start TeamSpeak up before (or even during) you run WoW and then minimize it and it'll keep running in the background while you're playing.

There are other chat programs people may use instead of TeamSpeak such as Ventrilo or Roger Wilco, to name a few.
Argh ! After I killed EVE I went to Roger Wilco ... I'll have to look for TS2 again.
Roger Wilco was one of my childhood heroes. *sniffs*
(( Alright, I downloaded, connected, etc....but now that I'm there, I see MANY different rooms. Which one is the right one?

For instance, I see "WoW -General" "EQ - General", "Idle/AFK" "Lobby", "Officer Discussion", "WoW-PvP" "WoW - Raiding/Grouping" ...

I'm lost when it comes to this program -.- ))
(WoW -general is the usual one, WoW -raiding and grouping is where we go if we are raiding or grouping and using TS during. Big Grin Idle is for if you go AFK and don't want the voices still coming through your computer, and Lobby is just where you appear when you login. Officer Discussion we occasionally use during moots to speed up admitting new members or doing promotions by discussing it verbally.)
"She is a soothsayer. She’s a mystic. She is a witch doctor, able to see into people’s hearts and minds. She’s also touched by the elements." -Naomie Harris
(( Great! Thank you, Tae. Now, we can hear you all, we just can't speak to you all! ... I'm not even sure my sound card will support a mic (it's that sad) ..not sure about Edo's))
A question regarding TeamSpeak and how to connect, as well one regarding the use of all the channels, have both been answered in the FAQ section of the site.
Does anyone use the GameVoice hardware with TeamSpeak? I have it and am curious if it helps.