Sunday Raid
It seems that there are a bunch of people that are interested in doing ZG, especially after the 1.11 update. I think after the update, if there is enough interest, I will lead raids into ZG on sundays. again this is all depending on if there is enought interest and if we can get together a ballanced enough raid group to make a decent atempt at it.

seeing as how there is no clear date as to when 1.11 will come out Im going to make the first sunday of july as the start date. that should be either the 1st or 2nd of july. in order for me to get an idea of who might have the interest, please let me know here if you are interested. this by no means is a sign up list, just a list to give me a rough idea of who would like to come.
our enemies will not know we are there till my sword is sticking out threw their chests.
~Proud 'Raider' of the Ironsong tribe.~
I am always interested in a trip into Zul'Gurub.

Krell
Sounds good, just not the weekend before the 4th....
Just a reminder, attending the Sunday raid means you'll most likely be locked out of our Monday run with Rotten Luck. Just something to keep in mind!
you absolutely right fleety. only problem I see with that raid is that its usually the officers that attend that raid, and everyone else gets left out more often than not. I would definantly rather have a tribe only event.
our enemies will not know we are there till my sword is sticking out threw their chests.
Filiminjaru and I would most likely go.
I think this is a grand idea, be sure to post it on the calendar, that helps w/ attendance.
Vote Akora for MA!
Utsusemi Wrote:you absolutely right fleety. only problem I see with that raid is that its usually the officers that attend that raid, and everyone else gets left out more often than not. I would definantly rather have a tribe only event.

I don't see how this is a reply to Fleet's remarks. Many, many people fail to understand/remember the mechanics of raid resets and Blizzard made it even harder by having ZG be per 3 days arbitrarily rather than 3 days from the time you kill a boss. I don't think anyone is down on your raid or your idea by reminding people of this. In fact I guarantee that at some point someone would have or will ask on a Monday after this run if they can go on Monday. I wouldn't be surprised if someone joined the raid Monday and then couldn't zone in because of Sunday. It's easy to forget to /raidinfo beforehand since some weeks there will be no conflict.

Do not mistake our Officer job of making sure people have the information they need with us discouraging people from attending your event. That would make no sense at all. I encourage anyone interested to attend this Sunday ZG run as they will have a better chance at getting into it than on Monday as we typically have 10-12 spots for Ironsong (10 unless the Rottens don't have enough people for their half of the raid) and a couple of them are reserved for raid leaders (generally Kosath and another officer or two).

Many people profess to want Tribe-only raids and I say this: We have always had Tribe-only raids. We had all-Ironsong UBRS last summer until ZG came out. We had all-Ironsong ZG through the fall and Winter plus an all-Ironsong Onyxia. Now we have an all-Ironsong Molten Core. Friday and to a lesser extent Wednesday are the all-Ironsong (I prefer the more inclusive phrasing "all-Ironsong" to the more exclusionary and negative "Ironsong only") raid nights.

If the Rottens had not approached us in friendship and laid the groundwork for the Monday night raid we would not run one. It is not the best night for some of we who lead raids but at the time they approached us we already had the Friday night all-Ironsong ZG and based on the way resets worked at that time, as well as other scheduling issues on both sides, Monday was only feasible choice. So we worked it out and it has been fun and rewarding.

We're not a raiding guild, so we focus our attention on 1-2 things at a time, take our time, and as a result have absolutely phenomenal performance in the raids we run.

That said, I very much applaud your efforts to run another all-Ironsong event on Sunday and I hope many Tribemates benefit from it and take advantage of the new opportunities in ZG. Since we started running ZG close to a year ago now (about 10 months) the rate of reputation gain has increased, drops have improved on bijous (which are now purely used for reputation gain), the quest rewards have been upgraded, and all the Priest bosses now drop more loot.

The bottom line is that the leaders of the Tribe are always happy to see Tribe members realizing what events they would like to see and taking the initiative. You want an all-Ironsong ZG run again so you are starting one! Make it happen!

Tae
"She is a soothsayer. She’s a mystic. She is a witch doctor, able to see into people’s hearts and minds. She’s also touched by the elements." -Naomie Harris
With all that being said, I'm kinda wondering if there are any plans to make an All-Ironsong ( I like Tae's phrasing here also :wink: ) raid for AQ20? I completely understand the idea of focusing on one instance at a time, but it seems to me that there are a lot of people in this guild that are of raiding season. And by that I mean there are apparently enough to field multiple raids to different places. I imagine that there are other people who would like go to AQ20, and perhaps if there is enough interest, others would be willing to step up and lead these events. In doing so, it would give the people who aren't able to make our current raids something to work on, and make such a place available for those that either have quests there or just want to experience the place, and explore the challenges that are to be found there. Just offering an idea and hoping that those who have some interest will speak up and get the ball moving.
[Image: 18177.jpg]
Viktarius, good question, but I was barely on topic for this thread and now we are veering distinctly off. Why don't you start a new thread asking about interest in starting a new all-Ironsong AQ20 on an off day? : )

Tae
"She is a soothsayer. She’s a mystic. She is a witch doctor, able to see into people’s hearts and minds. She’s also touched by the elements." -Naomie Harris
Utsu,
I love the idea, and would like to go.

The only problem is that July 2nd is a special day as i'ts my Birthday. My expectation is to be completly inhebriated by about 9:00 am PST and continue to be that way until roughly 9:00pm. The BBQ will be going and the beer will be flowing. If i show up, plan on my drunken stupor to affect my ability to type as well as play.

I'll be on after the 2nd (as in the 9th).

-W
lol thats awesome walt, enjoy your birthday. if all goes well this will be a weekly event, so there will be pleantly of time for you to come on a day that isn't your birthday.
I'd be interested in a raid on zg on sunday.
I feel this is a very good idea, and I hope it gets off the ground. The new loot added to ZG in 1.11 makes it well worth the effort, even more-so than before.

However, while I want people to go, I myself likely cannot for two reasons. One, it's important that this succeed without me, because it cannot rely on me always being there. It has to be Utsu's raid. And two, I am committed to the monday raid with Rotten Luck, and 2 out of 3 weeks won't allow me to do both.

I strongly encourage people to make this raid work though.
Kosath Whitehorn
"The Tribe is my weapon.  I am their shield."
due to some personal business I will have to postpone the start up of my sunday ZG raid to the 9th, sorry for anyone that had their hearts set on going tomarrow.