Spore - Do you play?
Just wondering if anyone else in the Tribe plays Spore?
Etsuko - Monk
Razzlixx Blingwell - Warlock
Cloudjumper Wildmane - Druid (Inactive)
Not technically in the tribe yet, but I went to your last moot, aye?

Just picked Spore up on Sunday when it came out, having a -lot- of fun with it. I do however seem to be having issues with it crashing when I try to move an herbivore from cell to creature stage. In any case... Very fun. Smile

I had a lot of fun taking over the world with my ally in Civilization stage too. ^^

Made any tauren/kodo/murlocs/etc yet?
/KalOrtPor
I've never even heard of it. What sort of game is it?
Is that the game put out by the developers of the Sim games? I heard something about it. Some type of evolution takes place, and you create cities and such, once you evolve a bit - if that is the same game.
Merrina - Troll Huntress
Dannae - Troll Priestess
Aya'Tor - Orc Warlock
Zyndala - Blood Elf Mage
Zerrah - Forsaken Death Knight
I was going to get it, but after reading about the DRM stuff, I had to decline to renting EA's game.
What is the best thing in life?
Crush enemy, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
Jivundus Wrote:I was going to get it, but after reading about the DRM stuff, I had to decline to renting EA's game.
Ditto on the DRM.
*shrugs* Eh, Warcraft will only be around as long as it's financially feasible for Blizzard. It's a bit different since the world we play in is actually a financial steamroller, but theoretically it will stop at some point in the future. Doesn't stop me from playing, and getting expansions.

Spore is fun. I like playing it, and it wasn't much out of pocket because I traded in some old Playstation2 games I didn't end up liking to get it. Heh, if/when in the future they stop supporting (Though I don't think it'll happen that dramatically. UO and EQ are exactly financially feasible, but the servers still run.) I'll probably have enjoyed the ride and moved on anyway Smile

As for the limited activations, that's just part of business these days, I'm afraid. Itunes does it, my Spyware doctor does it... just about everything with a serial code does it. Diablo 3 will probably have it, we'll see. Trend of the times, my friends. It's sad.

On a lighter note, it -is- a really fun game. There's a -lot- to do, and a number of different paths so you'll never get the same experience a second time unless you either intentionally take the same path again or play for some ungodly amount of time. (Hum, then again... hit /played on a level 70 and you usually see the kind of 'ungodly' levels of time spent gaming I'm talking about ^^)

Even if you start two creatures with the same DNA bits and diet, the other creatures you share your world/universe with are constantly changing and different in every game...so it doesn't necessarily end up down the same path anyway. Smile

So far, I'm really liking creatures with wings. Flying is pretty cool. And my little warthog-faced guys are pretty neat too.

Cheers!

P.S. - Please don't take this post the wrong way. Internet boards are hard about conveying things like tone of voice. I meant this in a "it's a really fun thing I'd love to share with people, and I hope it changes in a way that makes you happy and willing to try it" sort of way. Big druid barr is happy and squishy and cheerful, not angry and angsty. ^^
/KalOrtPor
My son showed me his version of Spore. Getting the game is on my list, *shows list: 1 - get back to Seabrook 2 - see if I still have a place to live 3 - see if I have electricity 4 - buy Spore* See?
Merrina - Troll Huntress
Dannae - Troll Priestess
Aya'Tor - Orc Warlock
Zyndala - Blood Elf Mage
Merrina Wrote:My son showed me his version of Spore. Getting the game is on my list, *shows list: 1 - get back to Seabrook 2 - see if I still have a place to live 3 - see if I have electricity 4 - buy Spore* See?

<snatches the list and scribbles something on it>" 5-Make Saltie take me to buy shiny new stuff."<hands it back> There ya go.
Don't mess with the trees!

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."

~Bill Cosby
*nodnod* Good idea! Thanks Mahiah!
Merrina - Troll Huntress
Dannae - Troll Priestess
Aya'Tor - Orc Warlock
Zyndala - Blood Elf Mage
<holds out tin cup > Alm's for the poor .
Saltin (mage 375tailor ,375 enchanter)
Lucrenda (Rogue 375miner ,352 smith)
Asaram (Hunter 375skinner 351 leatherworker)
Pahakan (Warrior 350herbs 375alchemy )
Mantiki (Shaman 355miner 363engineer)
Hoti (Warlock 190Miner 350 jeweler)
Have Alt Will Travel
Jivundus Wrote:I was going to get it, but after reading about the DRM stuff, I had to decline to renting EA's game.

Thirded. I also don't really like installing sneaky background apps with potential performance ramifications. It really bends my brain that the pirates are the ones getting the fully-functional game.
"You can never run from trouble, 'cause there ain't no place that far." - Scissor Sisters, "Lights"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spore Buddies 1 1,774 07-04-2009, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Guest