So a t4 item go to a first timer again.....
Some thing needs to be done about the way loot works in Gruul's Lair.

Myself and others have worked too hard to be ready for this encounter to continually lose on rolls to people who show up once or very infrequently. Not saying that all first timers end up being onetimers but more have than have not.

There needs to be something like what you did in MC with the bonus to your roll. People have lost needed upgrades that would help the guild more as a whole then one timers comming and taking loot then not come again because they got what they needed.

*edited*

Hopefully no one was harmed in the making of this post.
[Image: Eatmore.png]
I'm going to have to support this weighted rolls suggestion.

This wasn't the first time, nor will it be the last, but at least with this addendum to the loot rules it'll be a little more fair.
Eatmore voiced it pretty well there.. and he's not alone. I also very, very much support weighted rolls for Gruul.

I realize making the system of 'em work takes quite a bit of effort (I doubt Akora enjoyed being asked every single MC 438967 times what our rolls were :] ) and that it needs someone on top of it who's there pretty much always, but the upside to it will truly benefit those of us who keep going weekend after weekend.

I'd be very willing to help get it started/start writing down names and do whatever else I can to make it official upon the forums if it's implemented.

edit: If this does end up happening, here's the list of those who attended today and what their rolls would be for next weekend. It would probably be best to start this -after- everyone knows about it, but take it as you will. If you have no idea what the below means, see: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.ironsongtribe.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=738">viewtopic.php?f=24&t=738</a><!-- l -->

Rolls:

Druid:
Eatmore * 11
Greyfifth * 11
Mahiah * 11
Sound * 11

Hunter:
Anca * 11
Lupus * 11
Russetdawn * 1

Mage:
Friethe * 11
Knat * 1
Rajana * 11
Saltin * 1

Paladin:
Deezie * 1
Kaltessa * 11

Priest:
Dannae * 11
Kofu * 11
Mordeous * 1
Zeenjai * 1

Rogue:
Gholjan * 11
Rawne * 11

Shaman:
Logros * 11
Zeengo * 11

Warlock:
Footrot * 11
Grommash * 11
Tetsumis * 11

Warriors:
Abbru * 11
Efluvious * 1
Grazak * 11
Serous * 11

/edited a jillion to times to keep adding in the people I forgot. :">
Aye, weighted rolls ftw.
signed
-v
very much agreed. Was just too lazy to do it before, sorry.
"Passion and shame torment him, and rage is mingled with his grief."

~Virgil~
[Image: playerfeed_1902018_bigsig.gif]
In the future I would suggest a better means of communicating what is otherwise a perfectly valid idea. The original post is disrespectful toward the folks who have come and won things unaware that anyone was secretly ticked off about it and probably just thought they were having fun. Again: perfectly valid idea - obviously it's just like what we did back in MC - and I take no issue with it.

Ironsong never did weighted rolls on Onyxia but I understand that the raid climate has changed as have people's attitudes.

Tae
"She is a soothsayer. She’s a mystic. She is a witch doctor, able to see into people’s hearts and minds. She’s also touched by the elements." -Naomie Harris
just scratch this post altogether. I figured out both things right after posting.
The ones are people who won loot this run. Weighting works by giving a "bonus" of sorts on the rolls of those who won nothing this week for when they next roll on something. It accumulates when unused so that someone who comes week after week and wins nothing has an increasing chance of winning the items drop of value to them.

They've actually killed Gruul a few times now, not sure how many.
"She is a soothsayer. She’s a mystic. She is a witch doctor, able to see into people’s hearts and minds. She’s also touched by the elements." -Naomie Harris
Shillatae Wrote:In the future I would suggest a better means of communicating what is otherwise a perfectly valid idea. The original post is disrespectful toward the folks who have come and won things unaware that anyone was secretly ticked off about it and probably just thought they were having fun. Again: perfectly valid idea - obviously it's just like what we did back in MC - and I take no issue with it.

Ironsong never did weighted rolls on Onyxia but I understand that the raid climate has changed as have people's attitudes.

Tae

If I came off disrespectful that was not my intention. I have voiced my opinion ( I am not the only one) in tells to people who could do something and nothing was done. I've had enough of what is going on and I am just the first frustrated person to post so if I come off as the bad guy, so be it.
Well this isn't that huge of a deal to implement. This run isn't even an officer thing, although one officer is included in its organization. Bottom line is, if you want to do this, then simply do it. I think it's a good idea.

The trouble with getting angry at the "one-timers" is that, by and large, without them you would not have enough people to kill Gruul. Being angry with the system is fine, but taking shots at those individuals and making negative assumptions about them will only engender bad feelings both ways that are mutually undeserved.
Kosath Whitehorn
"The Tribe is my weapon.  I am their shield."
Kosath Wrote:Well this isn't that huge of a deal to implement. This run isn't even an officer thing, although one officer is included in its organization. Bottom line is, if you want to do this, then simply do it. I think it's a good idea.

The trouble with getting angry at the "one-timers" is that, by and large, without them you would not have enough people to kill Gruul. Being angry with the system is fine, but taking shots at those individuals and making negative assumptions about them will only engender bad feelings both ways that are mutually undeserved.

Then it was just bad phrasing on my part, I will change the subject to something else.

It has just been alot of the first timers have been 'one timers' have got what they wanted and have not helped again leaving the people who come week after week looking for others to come who in turn do the same thing.

This post was not intended to take 'shots' at anyone. I hope that people come back and help as that what makes the run a success.
Thanks, Eatmore. Like I said, I definitely don't argue with the idea or implementation. When folks get frustrated it's easy to take things out of context or proportion so I appreciate you clarifying and the positive note you ended your most recent post on. If I hadn't been driving around all evening last night I would have been coming along for the first time - hopefully next week! My schedule is improving slowly for raiding since I got my new position. : )

Good luck, guys, and play nice.

Tae
I support this. And thank you Sound for producing a list of the raiders.
Kosath Wrote:The trouble with getting angry at the "one-timers" is that, by and large, without them you would not have enough people to kill Gruul.

Sometimes I'm sure that's true, but most of the time it's not. We've got MORE than enough people just from the guild and our regular raiding group OOG raiders a good chunk of the time, and if it was just an open raid instead of a guild-based one, we'd very, very rarely have any trouble getting folks from OOG to fill up the raid right quick. I'm not disagreeing with choosing Tribemates first, but the folks that come very infrequently because they happen to be online at raid time could almost always be easily swapped out for OOG people that we know.

And yar, thanks Eatmore for bringing it up.

*goes back to being the Bad Guy in the ZA thread* :lol:
[Image: 2270166Iryxy.png]
Dromand (70 Tank/Healing Paladin), Logros (70 Enhancement Shaman), Denul (70 Shadow Priest), Bendon (70 AH-Mule Rogue)
hrhm.. *scratches her head*

I was thinking about throwing together a quick "Current Roll Listing" thread for tomorrow and I've come across something that I'm not sure what direction to take on it. To the Gruul's lair run leaders (and maybe a bit of input as to what the Officers have done in the past about it)- For those who come to our Gruul's lair runs but are not guilded with us, do they receive a weighted roll (if they come numerous times, ect.) or no? There are both pros and cons to either way (many of which I'm assuming you can gather on your own).. and I haven't a clue as to include them or not in the overall list. Thoughts?